997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

White: A bad exterior color choice?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 06:20 PM
Car-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond repute
Message Removed

Message Removed

Last edited by Car-Narcissist; 07-02-2018 at 05:05 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:35 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Car-Narcissist
One of the 997's I'm interested in buying is Carrera White. I know black cars are notoriously impossible to keep clean but I'm not sure about white. My wife once had a VW f that was white and everytime it rained, there were black streaks on it from the window gasket rubber.

Surely my 997 wont be seeing much rain and I'd guess that gaskets are made better now than they were in the 90's.

Carrera White 997/996 owners... what do you think?
I have seen plenty of nice white 997's.......GREAT choice....well then again any color is a GREAT choice...JUST as long as it is a Porsche and being a 997....even better,IMO!!

But you are right about black......

Old 12-03-2010, 06:48 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
One of the 997's I'm interested in buying is Carrera White. I know black cars are notoriously impossible to keep clean but I'm not sure about white. My wife once had a VW f that was white and everytime it rained, there were black streaks on it from the window gasket rubber.

Surely my 997 wont be seeing much rain and I'd guess that gaskets are made better now than they were in the 90's.

white car with black wheels and black accents looks great IMHO.

Old 12-03-2010, 07:19 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
I have 2 white cars. At 20ft they always look clean. However a silver car even at 10ft looks clean. It's all good for me, but I am not a car-narcissist, I just drive them.

Last edited by adias; 12-03-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:27 PM
cibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the rough
White is a great 911 color! I got my 997 in Arctic Silver but wish it was white for sure! My '87 Carrera is in Grand Prix white and I believe it to be the best color for that one.

Old 12-03-2010, 07:51 PM
nizzoc4s is a jewel in the roughnizzoc4s is a jewel in the roughnizzoc4s is a jewel in the rough
In case you haven't gotten the memo, white is the new black since a couple years ago.

Btw Adios, your car in that pic looks KILLER.

Old 12-03-2010, 07:52 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Carrara White will be the color of my next P-car for sure. Looks stunning with black wheels IMO.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:01 PM
ScottAtlGa is infamous around these parts
The Carerra White looks great! I confess to having a Cream white C2 Cab because it was one of only two I could pick from and get steal on that had PDK. I'm still trying to decide whether the black factory Sport Design wheels on it help or hurt the looks of this unusual color. Any opinions from you guys here?

Old 12-03-2010, 08:23 PM
waizone is infamous around these parts
Big fan of Carrera white w/ black, tan and even brown interiors. Only problem is if you get a clear bra the edges of the material tend to show dirt more than any other color.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:40 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Stunning colour!

Old 12-03-2010, 08:46 PM
NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
I'm a huge fan of Carrera White.. I'm also a big fan of Cream White..

You won't go wrong if you order a white P-car.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:00 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of

I had a white Corvette a long time ago and I like the color on cars, but it always seems to be a bit of a feminine color to me. Just my two cents.. black shows dust and white shows dirt. I only buy black cars now, but then I don't mind cleaning my Porsche. Oh, and yes I have heard the clear bra issue for white cars, so if you intend to put that on your car, it's a big consideration. I hear it tends to yellow and it shows on white cars.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:08 PM
nizzoc4s is a jewel in the roughnizzoc4s is a jewel in the roughnizzoc4s is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by adias
I have 2 white cars. At 20ft they always look clean. However a silver car even at 10ft looks clean. It's all good for me, but I am not a car-narcissist, I just drive them.

Do u have a hi-rez version of that pic?

Old 12-03-2010, 09:21 PM
ecostellodo is infamous around these parts
White is a great color on the car. Esp with blacked out rims.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:37 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I have a white Porsche and a black Porsche . They are BOTH difficult to keep clean but in a different way . I happen to like both.

1) White -
The color shows any type of soot or grime . Some have found clear bra that yellows .
It's an easy color to match paintwise .

2) Black -
Shows all the dust. People expect a black car to be dirty so if it's clean it surprises them . If it's dirty .. it meets expectations .
Black car's can swirl very easily .

If you don't like to clean the car .. GT silver !!!! Amazing color .. car looks like a spaceship .

On the road .. I observe that the black car gets more respect . Maybe it's just my observation but the white car has a softer look . I coild care less if it's perceived as a "chick car" .. but I do notice that women compliment the white car and dudes compliment the black car more.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: White: A bad exterior color choice?