997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Black Stone Guards and LED Rear Lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 05:30 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome. Thanks for the link. Post pics when you're done .

J

Old 12-15-2010, 05:51 PM
dw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mickfluff
Just ordered a set myself and sent my wheels out to be refinished on black (matt like) so hoping it all works...

Your car looks great... I would ceramic coat your exhaust tips to really pull the rear in.... that said your car looks great, thanks for posting pics!

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...y_Code=997SEXT

Here they are for 55$
Thanks for the feedback! Great suggestion on painting the tips black to balance the off the car. I was going to go with a subtle rear diffuser but your suggestion makes more sense. Good luck with your car and be sure to post pics when it's all done.

Old 12-15-2010, 07:18 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Cool. Post some more pics of the tail lights to whet our appetite while we all endure the long wait to get ours!

Old 12-15-2010, 10:08 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Looks great - and kudos to the black lobsters - classic. I like them on your car better maybe than the Fuchs. But I am one of those odd-ball lobster-fork fans, so...

Old 12-15-2010, 11:32 PM
dw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud ofdw.metro has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ryem3
Cool. Post some more pics of the tail lights to whet our appetite while we all endure the long wait to get ours!
Here are the test LED tail lights from Ray. I've had them for a couple of weeks with absolutely no problems. For those who have ordered them, you will not be disappointed!

Attached Images    
Old 12-27-2010, 09:05 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet, looks good.

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 05-30-2012, 06:53 PM
TurboVR6 has much to be proud ofTurboVR6 has much to be proud ofTurboVR6 has much to be proud ofTurboVR6 has much to be proud ofTurboVR6 has much to be proud ofTurboVR6 has much to be proud ofTurboVR6 has much to be proud ofTurboVR6 has much to be proud of
Hi,

Could someone that has the Speedster Black stone guard set from Suncoast do me a favor and measure out from the tip of the top to the tip of the bottom in a diagonal pattern so I can get the measurements.

Thanks

Old 06-03-2012, 05:42 PM
lopov1972 is infamous around these parts
Nice work, looks awesome!!

Old 06-05-2012, 10:52 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dw.metro
Yesterday, my wife embarked on a little art project. We bought some matte black adhesive backed vinyl and made our own black stone guards. It was fun and the results ended up being much nicer than I expected. I'm sure this look will evoke opinions.

As for the pictured rear led lights, I'm one of the lucky test cars from the ROTtec group buy. BTW, no error codes. They look fabulous! The lights will really update any 997.1. Accolades to Ray for achieving a great result!
Nice clean look!