997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Multifunction steering wheel with PDK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 12:53 PM
joafog is infamous around these parts
Multifunction steering wheel with PDK

Hi

Is it possible to swap the standard PDK wheel in a Porsche 997 to the PDK steering wheel with multifunction?

//Joacim

Old 12-09-2010, 01:05 PM
DaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond repute
Yes it is and if you check my signature, you'll see I have a brand new one for sale too!

Old 12-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by DaveHutchinson
Yes it is and if you check my signature, you'll see I have a brand new one for sale too!
???? Cannot find this stegring wheel

Jocke

Old 12-09-2010, 01:24 PM
OmegaMan is infamous around these partsOmegaMan is infamous around these parts
Old 12-09-2010, 01:35 PM
Looks Great! Is it the same steering wheel for PDK and tiptronic? Shippingcost to Sweden?

Joacim

Old 12-09-2010, 01:38 PM
DaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond repute
It's a PDK wheel but it can be retrofitted onto a tiptronic car, you just have to add a control module from Porsche. Since you have PDK anyway, it's irrelevant.

Let me find out how much UPS wants for shipping, I'll PM you the details

Old 12-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Thanks

Have you installed the steering wheel with paddles instead?
It is not heated I guess?

Joacim

Old 12-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Yes we installed the PDK paddles, it's not heated.

I've sent you a PM with all the details for shipping

Old 12-09-2010, 10:43 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by joafog
Hi

Is it possible to swap the standard PDK wheel in a Porsche 997 to the PDK steering wheel with multifunction?

//Joacim
You can also upgrade the PDK wheel to multi-function - cheaper than replacing the entire wheel - unless you find a good deal on a wheel.

Old 12-09-2010, 11:41 PM
Thank you

It is only plug and play? No extra harness? No programming after installation?

//Joacim

Old 12-09-2010, 11:56 PM
TooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by joafog
Thank you

It is only plug and play? No extra harness? No programming after installation?

//Joacim
The multifunction will need to be programmed by your dealer to be recognized.

Old 12-09-2010, 11:57 PM
OK, thanks!

//Joacim

Old 12-10-2010, 05:24 AM
Originally Posted by stevepow
You can also upgrade the PDK wheel to multi-function - cheaper than replacing the entire wheel - unless you find a good deal on a wheel.
Yes this is true, it can be done either way.

I'd like to think my wheel is a good deal, I'm charging less than the upgrade kit shipped!

Old 12-10-2010, 12:26 PM
gstahl is a jewel in the roughgstahl is a jewel in the roughgstahl is a jewel in the rough
Instead of a new thread I suspect this question may fit here also...

Is there such thing as an alcantara multi-function wheel with paddles?

- The current GTS PDK has alcantara with paddles and lights but no multifunction
- The configuration bot has the multifunction wheel, but porsche says you lose alcantara selecting this option
- It would seem one could select multifunction and thicker alcantara. Not sure what the results actually. In any case this looks to be a $1400 change which seems a bit much to go from alcantara with lights and paddles to alcantara multifunction with paddles.

thanks,
Geoff

Old 12-11-2010, 10:12 AM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by gstahl
Instead of a new thread I suspect this question may fit here also...

Is there such thing as an alcantara multi-function wheel with paddles?

- The current GTS PDK has alcantara with paddles and lights but no multifunction
- The configuration bot has the multifunction wheel, but porsche says you lose alcantara selecting this option
- It would seem one could select multifunction and thicker alcantara. Not sure what the results actually. In any case this looks to be a $1400 change which seems a bit much to go from alcantara with lights and paddles to alcantara multifunction with paddles.

thanks,
Geoff
I don't think any of the paddle wheels area mult-function.