997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Wheels installed!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-11-2010, 08:32 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Wheels installed!

Finally got everything I need to install these wheels. I had to wait for a valve stem, shorter wheel bolts. Thanks to fellow member jhbrennan for the lug bolts. Finally got everything yesterday and had some time to install it tonight. Here are some pics for now, I'll take some better pics during the day. Enjoy.

Old 12-11-2010, 08:37 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Looks much better then the other wheels. Congrats.

Old 12-11-2010, 08:38 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Very nice look. Congratulations.

Old 12-11-2010, 08:39 PM
tattoo996 has a spectacular aura abouttattoo996 has a spectacular aura abouttattoo996 has a spectacular aura about
i like the fact the lips arent polished, 2 thumbs up !

Old 12-11-2010, 08:54 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
You have my evil twin car Looks good!

Old 12-11-2010, 11:45 PM
911 S is infamous around these parts
now that car looks great!! never use the old wheels!!

Old 12-12-2010, 12:16 AM
robfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of light
Looks great, can't help but notice in a couple of pics, a few swirls. As a black P car owner, I am never ceased to be amazed, how it never ever seems completely clean and can always use a little touch up wipe from a chamois.................

Old 12-12-2010, 07:08 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bonehead
You have my evil twin car Looks good!
Your car was an inspiration.

Originally Posted by tattoo996
i like the fact the lips arent polished, 2 thumbs up !
thanks, I like black lips as well

Originally Posted by robfxlr
Looks great, can't help but notice in a couple of pics, a few swirls. As a black P car owner, I am never ceased to be amazed, how it never ever seems completely clean and can always use a little touch up wipe from a chamois.................
I haven't had the chance to clean it since I brought it a month or two ago (who's counting). It's been around 40-50F, too cold to wash, clay, and wax. I will get around to it when weather get's warmer. I've been fortunately enough to enjoy driving it.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:01 AM
Mr. Moonlight is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Ynot
Your car was an inspiration.

thanks, I like black lips as well

I haven't had the chance to clean it since I brought it a month or two ago (who's counting). It's been around 40-50F, too cold to wash, clay, and wax. I will get around to it when weather get's warmer. I've been fortunately enough to enjoy driving it.
Great look, congratulations.

Old 12-12-2010, 04:30 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
Ooh, one of the best I've seen around here.
Good work.

Old 12-12-2010, 05:01 PM
OmegaMan is infamous around these partsOmegaMan is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by robfxlr

The swirls and such are probably harder to see in natural light, but there is NO hiding them from the flash. Nothing looks better than a freshly detailed black 911, but I would never own a black car down here in Texas.

Old 12-12-2010, 06:57 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
Unit, I like the black wheels with contrasting stripe on the lip. I've thought about doing the same thing with a set of Forgelines.

OmegaMan wrote:
but I would never own a black car down here in Texas
You could move to beautiful SW Ohio

Old 12-13-2010, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by OmegaMan
The swirls and such are probably harder to see in natural light, but there is NO hiding them from the flash. Nothing looks better than a freshly detailed black 911, but I would never own a black car down here in Texas.
Black cars are harder to maintain, I guess that's my excuse to spend more time with the car. My other car rarely gets any attention anymore, it doesn't need it b/c it's silver and always looks clean. I did not want a black car at first but it's one of the most aggressive/sporty looks for the Porsche.

Thanks all for the compliments.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:50 PM
bigmatt is infamous around these parts
is that an APR metal wing? I like it on the 997. Did you need a new trunk lid to bolt that onto? How does it work with the rear trunk/vent?

Old 12-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by bigmatt
is that an APR metal wing? I like it on the 997. Did you need a new trunk lid to bolt that onto? How does it work with the rear trunk/vent?
No, it's the Vorsteiner V-GT CF wing, comes with the decklid. Here is a direct quote from Vorsteiner website.

"The V-GT rear decklid and wing serves several purposes to maximize the performance of the 997. The V-GT decklid has been specially designed with integrated 1-piece dual ram air scoops that channel air into the engine compartment during high speed driving. The carbon fiber structure of the decklid also reduces the weight of the rear while retaining superior strength & rigidity."

website http://www.vorsteiner.com/porsche/91...Rear-Wing.aspx

***I need to contact Vorsteiner to collect on commission, seems like I've been giving them a lot of free press lately.***

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Wheels installed!