997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

How many of you have attended the Porsche Driving School?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 10:51 PM
Roar is infamous around these parts
How many of you have attended the Porsche Driving School?

I had a great time at the AMG Driving Academy at Laguna Seca and wonder how the Porsche school is? For MBZ we had lots of seat time in a range of their AMG cars and we were split into groups of 12 (if I remember correctly!). Any feedback on the P school? Thank you!

Old 12-13-2010, 06:33 AM
carfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura about
I was there in May, 4 + 5 for the PERFORMANCE COURSE

Lots of driving, good teaching and lots of fun !

They treat you like royalty, hotel is also very nice

And I learnt a lot about 911 driving, go !

Old 12-13-2010, 08:00 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
I haven't but I want to someday.

Here is a good article from a fellow member.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...xperience.html

Old 12-13-2010, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the replies. The link to the article was a good read... wonder how it's changed over the past few years. Thanks again. I might have to sign up .

Old 12-13-2010, 04:39 PM
mgent is infamous around these parts
Above post is very detailed!

I took the course with my Father-in-Law (who has owned numerous porsches over the years, including currently a PDK C4S (wife) 6sp TT (his) and a Panamera Turbo (chicago)). While I did not read the entire post, it sounds very similar to our experience in March. Our first driving course, we went through the loop in caymanS/boxsterS/panamera turbo, skid pad in a 911, and auto-x in a cayman S as well as had a TON of track time in base carrea manual mostly and 1 session in PDK CarreraS. Instruction was great and I was really surprised at the amount of time you goton the full track.

My F-I-L wanted to go back for the turbo course, but it looks like it won't be offered in 2011. We are thinking about going back for the masters course however, as I understand that you are able to drive the turbo on track for 1 of the sessions.

I currently have 2 MBs, and live in the bay-area so I have been thinking about the AMG course as well (much easier to get to than Birmingham!). I may wait on AMG to do the masters course though.

Mark

Old 12-13-2010, 06:14 PM
xseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to all
Originally Posted by carfan
I was there in May, 4 + 5 for the PERFORMANCE COURSE

Lots of driving, good teaching and lots of fun !

They treat you like royalty, hotel is also very nice

And I learnt a lot about 911 driving, go !
I was at that same course, followed it up with the 1 day turbo class. performance course is a must, good training and lots of fun.

Old 12-13-2010, 06:31 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by xseal
I was at that same course, followed it up with the 1 day turbo class. performance course is a must, good training and lots of fun.
Are they still using only Tip TT's?

Old 12-13-2010, 06:36 PM
fjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to all
Thumbs up

3 Time attendee

Old 12-13-2010, 08:14 PM
Lockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant futureLockie has a brilliant future
Went twice. Loved it each time.
If you can go with a few friends it really adds to the enjoyment.
The first time it really gave me an understanding of driving a 911 at speed.
It gave me the confidence to go to my first DE day and not feel intimidated.
Well worth the money for such a first class course.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:02 PM
radgaser is infamous around these parts
Went to the 2 day PSDS at the end of Oct. Good time. Plan on returning in the spring for their Masters course.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:10 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
I attended, and it was fantastic. Cannot be beat in that you drive great cars, drive them hard, have lots of seat time, and are treated like a king by the courteous and professional staff.
CATTMAN

Old 12-13-2010, 10:14 PM
Tarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond repute
Around what does something like this cost? i've heard its rediculousley expensive

Old 12-14-2010, 03:17 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
To own a P and not do the school is completely wasting it imho. For those that havent, what are you waiting for? A written invitation and a free ticket? It aint gonna happen. get out of your lounge rooms and bite that bullet. Your only regret will be not going sooner.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:15 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Just got back from the weekend. Was going to start a new thread with my observations. Really incredible. Cost is $3000 plus hotel and airfare. If you listen, you can really go away having learned something.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:26 PM
Really great guys... thanks for the feedback. I was going to sign up for the 2-day AMG course, but now may re-think that & do the P school next year instead. It would be rather sad to pass up driving the manufacturer's cars (as opposed to our own) & drive them HARD to learn what these fantastic vehicles are capable of!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How many of you have attended the Porsche Driving School?