997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Picked up Targa4S Today..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Former Vendor
LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !
Congrats on the new ride! The targas are great, I love the rear hatch.

Old 12-15-2010, 01:28 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Today ordered the winter rubber (our resident Tirerack contact Damon) and some spacers for it. Amazing to see the golf set fitting in there. I will probably have to get a smaller bag to make it work - fine by me!

It was heavy snow yesterday and someone made their way around to check it out. Very cool!

Old 12-15-2010, 01:33 PM
TomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the rough
Congrats on your new Targa. Enjoy it in good health.
Have one a year older in GT Silver. Cocoa leather.
Love that car. The perfect (IMHO) blend of sport and function.
Beautiful from every angle.
Should you encounter any of the dreaded 'roof squeak', just search that term on this forum for an easy fix. Most dealers don't understand it.
Again, best wishes.

Old 12-15-2010, 01:34 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Rear wiper can be added - but it requires some retrofitting -
The rear glass needs to be replaced - motor and wiper arm/bits. I would assume the harness is there.

(anything can be done )

Call suncoast. Those cats have the service manuals.

Old 12-15-2010, 01:36 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by EricP
Rear wiper can be added - but it requires some retrofitting -
The rear glass needs to be replaced - motor and wiper arm/bits. I would assume the harness is there.

(anything can be done )

Call suncoast. Those cats have the service manuals.
Hmm.. sounds expensive

Old 12-15-2010, 01:41 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
very - heck my HRE's are gonna be $5100

Old 12-15-2010, 02:10 PM
PRS 7 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by keninirvine
Depending on the size of golf bag, one does have to be careful. But at least with some care they do fit in there, even if they have to be at an angle.
There is no need for sun block. The glass on the top rejects over 80% of UV, and the new shades (2008 and later) do a good job at preventing glare. Don't know what you mean by "a snug and somewhat stable panels".
Oh that was just my way of sounding ignorant. I meant something like what most use on the front glass when parked in the heat.

I just need to go look/drive one of the couple that are now in stock here. Thanks though. I will not show up with my loaded stand bag..

Old 12-15-2010, 02:12 PM
No leather tour bag

(you shouldn't be using on of those unless you are a + handicapper anyway. )

Old 12-15-2010, 03:34 PM
mathfuzzy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by EricP
No leather tour bag

(you shouldn't be using on of those unless you are a + handicapper anyway. )
Or wear sans-a-belt slacks and white loafers...

Old 12-15-2010, 03:39 PM
TooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant future
It's a beautiful car! Congrats.

Old 12-15-2010, 05:46 PM
72offsuit is a jewel in the rough72offsuit is a jewel in the rough72offsuit is a jewel in the rough
Congrats I got my Targa in Oct and just love it. Put winter tires on last week and drove it in snow this week. Only "fault" if it is one, is all that glass creaks a bit when it is cold but once car is warm goes back to quiet. When I was considering mine, Targa seemed to be "black sheep" in the 997.2 lineup, but seems like a surge lately in popularity and number of owners. I enjoy the fact that I seldom see another in my travels. Enjoy it and be safe.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:47 PM
Hi All,

Just a quick update. The car gets tons of looks and attention - quite amazing as I thought a silver Targa would be kind of undercover. The other day I was pulling out of the garage and two kids (brothers) broke away from their parents to hang on to the railing so they could watch me go up the garage ramp (I waived and they smiled). The responsiveness of this car is sublime and the steering almost talks to you. The 6 speed throws are crisp and on next Wednesday I am getting short shifter installed for even closer gates. Woo hoo!

My only aggravation is that compared to the new BMW Idrive (Hard Drive one) Porsche's new system is not as easy or intuitive - the multifunction buttons/wheel need help and I don't like the touch screen idea; you have to take your eyes away from the road to make changes and it can be dangerous . They also need to include some memory buttons where you can store your most comment numbers or actions - would make it so much better. Hopefully the Cayenne is a slight improvement over the PCM in my 911.

When pushing the car I can't tell if its engine or exhaust noise so getting an add-on (sharkwerks) that is suppose to help intoxicate. The Turbo II RIMS are hottest thing I have ever seen next to the BMW M6 wheels. There is something about a Porsche makes it feel like its "your" car in a way that I have never felt before in another ride. It makes you work to get the excitement out of it.. it is happy to cruise or be pushed not asking for either more then the other. The "Sport" button on the Porsche and is a MASSIVE difference - almost a different car turning into a pouncing tiger and the engine blips are just wonderful.

Nothing comes close to the special feeling of driving a Porsche but today I was in the 135i cab and the Targa in the same day and I must commend BMW that 1er is pretty capable and fun (half the price) car.

TTYL and Pictures coming this weekend...

Last edited by uhn2000; 12-23-2010 at 08:53 PM.
Old 12-25-2010, 03:43 AM
kkapoor is infamous around these parts
Congrats, that's a stunning car!

Is that the new Downtown Porsche Dealership?

Old 12-25-2010, 10:08 AM
Don't stress about sat radio. It drives me crazy- the poor sound quality (in all car systems - you are throttled by the feed). Just get a 160gb iPod and fill her up with music..hit shuffle.

...Sirius/XM broadcast at less than 30-56k. That's worse spectrum than AM if you could compare analog to digital.

To understand how bad 30-56k is, iTunes encodes their music at 256k.

Another thing I like to do is stream Pandora off my iPhone (or any smartphone). Works great and you get a more personal selection of music. (unlimited data plan recommended ).

I have Sirius/XM on all 3 of our cars from the Factory and let it expire on each. It's pretty darn thin :/

Last edited by EricP; 12-25-2010 at 11:03 AM.
Old 12-25-2010, 02:44 PM
GSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to all
Love the color! Porsche really outdid themselves with the 997's IMO. Enjoy her and congrats.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Picked up Targa4S Today..