997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Clear Side markers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 12:27 PM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jimny
I have a basalt black and I thought the amber looked better than the clear also. It is boring with just the clear, but that is just me. I don't go for black out lights, wheels, etc.

I think silver side marker would be interested to match silver wheels or chrome for polished wheels!
You see amber on every other car out there. Take a look at the pic above of the black car with the clear side markers.

I know it is a personal preference and all but I am REALLY suprised by the number of people who like the amber better.

Last edited by gloves; 12-16-2010 at 12:33 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:45 PM
silver329 is a jewel in the roughsilver329 is a jewel in the roughsilver329 is a jewel in the roughsilver329 is a jewel in the rough
amber is pretty fugly imho. eurospec FTW!

Old 12-16-2010, 12:55 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Replaced my ambers with clear THEN had them tinted 50%.

Old 12-16-2010, 01:02 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by gloves
I have looked at lots of pictures and can't come up with a single color combo that I would agree to leave them orange. You may think that it looks good like that but get a picture it try to see them in person and I would bet that your mind will change.
It's not like I have never seen them or never seen other Porsches. That you don't care for it means you don't care for it and nothing more.

It's the same sort of thing the vanilla people have been telling the chocolate people since time began - neither side is buying it yet either. Go figure.

Old 12-16-2010, 01:26 PM
drdrilz is a jewel in the roughdrdrilz is a jewel in the roughdrdrilz is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by gravedgr
If you decide not to keep the clear markers, let me know. I was planning to order some soon.
i have a spare set in my garage that you can have. for free. they are very lightly used and off my 997 that i no longer have. im local too.

Old 12-16-2010, 01:57 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stevepow
It's the same sort of thing the vanilla people have been telling the chocolate people since time began - neither side is buying it yet either. Go figure.
You mean there's something other than chocolate?

Old 12-16-2010, 02:29 PM
cfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to behold
Clear, always clear.

Old 12-16-2010, 03:18 PM
mathfuzzy is infamous around these parts
I've got a black Targa with clear side markers. I'm a big fan. Obviously a personal preference thing. In any case, here are some pics showing the clear markers:

Name:  side marker 1.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  314.7 KB

Name:  side marker 2.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  234.9 KB

Name:  side of car.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  353.7 KB

Old 12-16-2010, 04:51 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gloves
I have looked at lots of pictures and can't come up with a single color combo that I would agree to leave them orange. You may think that it looks good like that but get a picture it try to see them in person and I would bet that your mind will change.
I'd leave 'em orange on an orange car like the '07 RS .

J

Old 12-16-2010, 05:48 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Clear sides FTW

Old 12-16-2010, 06:16 PM
ecostellodo is infamous around these parts
I bought the clears so that all the lights would match. Made me crazy with clear tails and amber sides.

Now if the tails were amber then I would have amber side markers.

Old 12-16-2010, 06:39 PM
thxbuff2001 is infamous around these parts
I will see this weekend if I were to install the clears I bought. I guess majority in the thread said "go with the clears."

I was trying to pull the ambers out of the bumpers but was hesitant I might break something.

Anybody can put a link on how to install it with pics. Will be really appreciated.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:39 PM
jimny is infamous around these parts
3 black 911's in my office garage and 2 have clear sides. I find them boring and bland but the one with the amber stands out and looks shinnier too. Guess whose has the amber.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:49 PM
richard181 is infamous around these parts
Swapped mine out right after I bought my car. They are cheap enough and eary enouhg to change out. You could use clear in summer and amber in winter.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:41 PM
thealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to all
I'm absolutely in love with my blacked out markers. I really dig the way it disappears into the wheel well and looks smooth. Of course, it's all a matter of personal opinion. Here are some quick iphone shots for reference.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clear Side markers