997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Clear Side markers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 08:54 PM
jimny is infamous around these parts
Did you have a body shop paint them? How do they look when they blink?

Old 12-16-2010, 08:59 PM
thealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to all
Yeah, Sound Waves in Parsippany did them. There is virtually no difference in the amount of light that comes through. I was pleasantly surprised as I expected a significant drop in visibility (which i was willing to sacrifice for coolness...i'm still a kid at heart).

-Alex

Old 12-16-2010, 09:09 PM
jakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the rough
WOW.... Who knew there was that much sleep being lost regarding the color of the side lights???????

Old 12-17-2010, 07:32 AM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by stevepow
It's the same sort of thing the vanilla people have been telling the chocolate people since time began - neither side is buying it yet either. Go figure.
I am going to say this is a bit in the wrong direction. Since we are talking about looks and not taste.

I look out into the parking lot and can remeber the amber markers that were one for all of 3 days before I had my clears put in. They stuck out like soar thumbs on the car. It is just so much more refined now.

Old 12-17-2010, 08:25 AM
mathfuzzy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by thxbuff2001
I will see this weekend if I were to install the clears I bought. I guess majority in the thread said "go with the clears."

I was trying to pull the ambers out of the bumpers but was hesitant I might break something.

Anybody can put a link on how to install it with pics. Will be really appreciated.
They don't want to come out all that easily. There's a v-shaped clip on the wheel side that keeps them in place. Put pressure from the wheel side toward the front bumper as you pull them out with your finger. Finger pressure should do the trick, but even with forward pressure, it'll feel like you're forcing them out. The clip might get bent a little in the process...seems like mine did...but nothing that can't be pushed back in place if you want to reverse the procedure.

Old 12-17-2010, 08:29 AM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
I can't see leaving them orange on a black car. No way no how. I think it's the first essential mod.

Old 12-17-2010, 11:49 AM
thxbuff2001 is infamous around these parts
Thats first thing I bought when I saw a P car with clear markers. But looking at my car, black with sand beige interior and colored crest, it(amber) may match?

Any black car with sand beige interior on clear side markers?

All the black P car ive seen have black interior in them and I know those match.

Anyone agree?

Old 12-17-2010, 11:56 AM
ecostellodo is infamous around these parts
I will post a pick when I put them on after christmas.

My interior has the two tone dash (black top/sand beige lower) so it will be a little different.

Like many have said, no one really cares but the guy driving the car. Just do what you think looks good.

Old 12-17-2010, 02:31 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
I will see this weekend if I were to install the clears I bought. I guess majority in the thread said "go with the clears."

I was trying to pull the ambers out of the bumpers but was hesitant I might break something.

Anybody can put a link on how to install it with pics. Will be really appreciated.
Ha, when the majority starts paying for my car, I will then decorate it as they see fit. But now that you have both, you're in the catbird seat and can compare and contrast and even switch them up for dress and casual.

If your car came with an owner's manual (I reckon some don't ), look on page 278 or so and you will find detailed instructions...with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was...

Last edited by stevepow; 12-17-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:51 PM
cfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to behold

A couple of years back there was a post on another board. Here was a pic I posted. There is a little rubber grommet in the wheel well directly behind the side marker, sorry no pic of that. Pop it out and stick a flat head screwdriver in and push the area highlighted and at the same time lightly pull in an outward direction the rear of the side marker. Be patient and when you hit the right spot it will easily slide out.

Attached Images  
Old 12-17-2010, 05:09 PM
thxbuff2001 is infamous around these parts
Thanks

Old 12-18-2010, 08:13 AM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cfgtts
A couple of years back there was a post on another board. Here was a pic I posted. There is a little rubber grommet in the wheel well directly behind the side marker, sorry no pic of that. Pop it out and stick a flat head screwdriver in and push the area highlighted and at the same time lightly pull in an outward direction the rear of the side marker. Be patient and when you hit the right spot it will easily slide out.
This is the proper way to remove them. This method prevents bending the clip/spring. Most people just pull them out without depressing the clip, which will usually result in bending the clip. If you replace the side marker with a bent clip/spring, it will most likely be loose.

Old 12-18-2010, 11:38 AM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Thats first thing I bought when I saw a P car with clear markers. But looking at my car, black with sand beige interior and colored crest, it(amber) may match?

Any black car with sand beige interior on clear side markers?

All the black P car ive seen have black interior in them and I know those match.

Anyone agree?
That is exactly the combination I have. My first mod was the clear side markers. A month later I had them (and the tail lights) tinted 50% to match the windows.

And thus began the slippery mod slope I now find myself on!

Old 12-18-2010, 01:15 PM
jimny is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jakesdad
WOW.... Who knew there was that much sleep being lost regarding the color of the side lights???????
Yeah, tell me about it. Some people like amber, some people like clear...

Old 12-19-2010, 09:33 PM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by cfgtts
Clear, always clear.
+1!

i have flat black, wheels and interior. 30% huper optic tints. clear sm. love it and don't miss that amber/orange look at all.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clear Side markers