997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Clear Side markers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 11:14 PM
thxbuff2001 is infamous around these parts
Clear Side markers

Just got my First P car C2S Black 2008 CPO. With my long list of Mods, one of them is installing clear side markers. I ordered the markers even before I received the car. NOw in person, I think I like the amber one instead of the white.

My interior is Sand Beige.

Anybody with a black car with clear markers?

Old 12-15-2010, 11:21 PM
stockid is infamous around these partsstockid is infamous around these parts
I have arctic silver with the sand beige..was thinking about the side clear...but thought better...I think it looks better on a dark blue or black car.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:26 PM
Really,

I started to have second thoughts about installing it.

Its good I didnt buy the red tail lights also.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:27 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by thxbuff2001
Just got my First P car C2S Black 2008 CPO. With my long list of Mods, one of them is installing clear side markers. I ordered the markers even before I received the car. NOw in person, I think I like the amber one instead of the white.

My interior is Sand Beige.

Anybody with a black car with clear markers?

I like amber - dealer offered to switch them for me at delivery, but I declined. Some colors benefit from clear, but on Black, a splash of color - especially to pick up on the wheel caps - is nice to me.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:28 PM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by thxbuff2001
I ordered the markers even before I received the car. NOw in person, I think I like the amber one instead of the white.
If you decide not to keep the clear markers, let me know. I was planning to order some soon.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:37 PM
I definitely agree with stevepow. The amber matches my colored crest and sand beige interior.

gravedgr-give me until this friday, I am 80% sure I will sell it with free shipping.

I would just like to be sure.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:38 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by gravedgr
If you decide not to keep the clear markers, let me know. I was planning to order some soon.

I bet if you ask nicely, they'll give you some when you get your next service.

Old 12-16-2010, 06:09 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Amber on black just doesn't do it for me.

Attached Images  
Old 12-16-2010, 07:04 AM
jster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud of
I have black cab ('09) and changed to clear sm. The very slight contrast to the body and top black on black goes very well with the silverish factory rims-- things are broken up in just the right but slight way.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:17 AM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Stock amber lens on Guards Red looks OK...until you replace them with the clear versions. Then you see how badly the amber color looks with the red body.

Saying that clear side markers clashes with your car color is like saying your windows make your car look bad.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:31 AM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stevepow
I bet if you ask nicely, they'll give you some when you get your next service.
On my '07 they installed them as soon as the car arrived, before I arrived to get the car. I figured they probably would again, but my sales guy has been out sick so I haven't heard back about them. I figured better safe than sorry - I really don't like the amber ones, especially on white.

Last edited by gravedgr; 12-16-2010 at 07:58 AM. Reason: correction
Old 12-16-2010, 07:45 AM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
Ended up putting them on my cobalt blue '08 a couple of years ago. Big improvement. There just wasn't any other orange on the car for them to tie into. Now they tie into the headlights/foglights .

J

Old 12-16-2010, 07:56 AM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
I have them on my GT Silver car and it looks great. It's just cleaner in my opinion. The Amber just draws your eye to it when in reality there are much more redeeming features in the car to look at.

Now, every time I see a porsche with the amber ones I know I made the right choice.

Old 12-16-2010, 10:59 AM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
I have looked at lots of pictures and can't come up with a single color combo that I would agree to leave them orange. You may think that it looks good like that but get a picture it try to see them in person and I would bet that your mind will change.

Old 12-16-2010, 12:23 PM
jimny is infamous around these parts
I have a basalt black and I thought the amber looked better than the clear also. It is boring with just the clear, but that is just me. I don't go for black out lights, wheels, etc.

I think silver side marker would be interested to match silver wheels or chrome for polished wheels!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clear Side markers