997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Making one more parking spot in the garage..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 03:32 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Wouldn't the raffle tax be on the cost of the car rather than on MSRP ?
Winner has to pay sales tax and income tax (depending on the winning state) . By the time one is done paying .. he practically bought a used Porsche outright.

application item 12 --

"12. The winner is responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes including all sales, use, luxury and income taxes. All prizes will be subject to federal
tax withholding of 25% or the then applicable rate in accordance with the requirements of Federal law. "

So they're going to cut the front end off the car for withholding? Or maybe just take the doors and seats?

Old 12-17-2010, 03:55 PM
MLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of light
I received a letter back today along with my entry check-I missed the deadline.

Old 12-18-2010, 07:12 AM
jakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by MLindgren
I received a letter back today along with my entry check-I missed the deadline.
Eastern Mobotsuland??????? and you got a letter back???

Old 12-18-2010, 07:21 AM
jakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the rough
Apparently I'm not going to be plagued by tax problems again this year regarding my raffle winnings.

I probably shouldn't have spent the money prior to the official notification of me winning.....bummer..

Old 12-18-2010, 03:56 PM
NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
Gloom, despair and agony on me.. I stayed up all night last night waiting for the phone to ring..

.. nothing..

Then, today I received my check back..

Man, those 6500 tickets must have gone in a jiffy.. I just knew I had my check in the mail with time to spare..

Old 12-20-2010, 06:36 AM
69572 is infamous around these parts
When the hell are they going to announce the winner?

Old 12-21-2010, 09:09 PM
TooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant future
Here are the owners of the prize.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:00 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Wow great photo . The woman looks like shes still thrilled and the guy looks exhausted as if he didn't sleep much thinking about the car.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:52 AM
simsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Wouldn't the raffle tax be on the cost of the car rather than on MSRP ?
Winner has to pay sales tax and income tax (depending on the winning state) . By the time one is done paying .. he practically bought a used Porsche outright.
Well, yes, depending on how 'used' you picture it. A sufficiently used car, even a P-car, could be had for the price of our coffee table I suppose.

None of you all need to worry though. We bought two tickets and I'm sure the second one is the winner this year. I'll let you know how we manage the tax situation. Maybe sell our current 997 to cover the taxes and use the surplus to add anything they forgot when spec'ing my... uh, I mean the raffled GTS.

Gary

Old 12-22-2010, 06:32 AM
Sweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really niceSweeper is just really nice
My Check was returned as well. I sent it in on 7/1/10..

Congrats to the winner (lucky B@stard)

Old 12-22-2010, 08:45 AM
Gator Skin is infamous around these parts
I thought the GTS came with the center lock wheels?

Old 12-22-2010, 10:44 AM
TooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant future
Here's the YouTube video announcing the winner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQl9J...layer_embedded

Old 12-22-2010, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by Gator Skin
I think since there's no GTS in the country, that black Carrera S was used for photo ops until the GTS arrives (see the YouTube video).

Old 12-22-2010, 11:28 AM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Gator Skin
Or 19in Carrera Sport wheels. For most, the center locks will be a pain - even though they look cool.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:48 AM
jplanaux is a jewel in the roughjplanaux is a jewel in the roughjplanaux is a jewel in the roughjplanaux is a jewel in the rough
Looking forward to trying again next raffle. I am determined to win. Funny though, I already have a beautiful Porsche. Why would I really need another, but still I feel a strong urge and insatiable need to win a Porsche.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Making one more parking spot in the garage..