997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Making one more parking spot in the garage..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 01:35 PM
jakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the rough
Making one more parking spot in the garage..

Well, tomorrow PCA announces my name as winner of the raffle and I'll have a new Porsche coming my way...
What to do??? What to do????
Should I keep the one that I win or sell it and keep my old 911?????

Old 12-16-2010, 01:39 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
What do you have now and what did you win?

Old 12-16-2010, 02:11 PM
PersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of lightPersianGodFatha is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by NorthVan
What do you have now and what did you win?
yeh...that would help us, help you...

Old 12-16-2010, 03:05 PM
NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
I wouldn't rush to sell anything yet.. I have it on good word that my name will be drawn tomorrow...

I've already made an appt with my cardiologist.. I'm going to need it..

Old 12-16-2010, 03:19 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Years ago on the same day i bought a car the salesman was also going to deliver a raffle winner's car. He told me that the guy who won it was baffled as to what to do. It was just a random guy who paid the 50 bucks because he lthought the charity was a worthy cause and never dreamt he would win.
After he won he was trying to figure out if he could afford the insurance and taxes (very high - similar to the lottery I think).

In short -if I recall correctly the winner had to cough up 25K to get the free 80K car and he didn't have it .. and the entire thing was stressful .

The salesman said he was seriously thinking about selling it. I don't know how it ever turned out . That saleman retired and it was over 10 years ago but i do wonder about it when I read yoir post.

Old 12-16-2010, 03:52 PM
leneuromancer has a spectacular aura aboutleneuromancer has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by yrralis1
the winner had to cough up 25K to get the free 80K car and he didn't have it .. and the entire thing was stressful
Good news ..not only is the prize a 2011 Carrera GTS, it includes 25K cash (one assumes to cover those taxes)

..or $75K cash

I'll take the GTS

http://www.pca.org/LinkClick.aspx?fi...s%3D&tabid=336

Old 12-16-2010, 04:17 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by leneuromancer
Good news ..not only is the prize a 2011 Carrera GTS, it includes 25K cash (one assumes to cover those taxes)

..or $75K cash

I'll take the GTS

http://www.pca.org/LinkClick.aspx?fi...s%3D&tabid=336

Taxed at short term capital gains, I guess, which is your normal tax rate - up to 35% on the car and cash combined (less $50) - could be as high as $50K? So you could actually owe less tax just taking the car - maybe donate the $25K cash to charity?

Still, I'd figure out a way to deal with the taxes.

Old 12-16-2010, 05:01 PM
leneuromancer has a spectacular aura aboutleneuromancer has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by stevepow
Taxed at short term capital gains, I guess, which is your normal tax rate - up to 35% on the car and cash combined (less $50) - could be as high as $50K? So you could actually owe less tax just taking the car - maybe donate the $25K cash to charity?
Knew one of you would show up before long

Ditto!!!

Old 12-16-2010, 05:58 PM
MLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of lightMLindgren is a glorious beacon of light
I'm bummed

I sent my check and entry fee in and never received a confirmation of my entry nor did I received the check back signifying they had already sold out of tickets.

No doubt I would take the car.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:07 PM
powerup is infamous around these parts
Sorry guys I have the winning ticket, we will see!

Old 12-16-2010, 09:14 PM
jakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by MLindgren
I sent my check and entry fee in and never received a confirmation of my entry nor did I received the check back signifying they had already sold out of tickets.

No doubt I would take the car.

Come to think of it I didn't receive confirmation either????

Old 12-16-2010, 10:55 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !

Wouldn't the raffle tax be on the cost of the car rather than on MSRP ?
Winner has to pay sales tax and income tax (depending on the winning state) . By the time one is done paying .. he practically bought a used Porsche outright.

application item 12 --

"12. The winner is responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes including all sales, use, luxury and income taxes. All prizes will be subject to federal
tax withholding of 25% or the then applicable rate in accordance with the requirements of Federal law. "

Old 12-17-2010, 04:28 AM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
I did not receive confirmation either until I called PCA and promptly received an email.

Damn, I had already spec'd out my new GTS about 20 times.

Old 12-17-2010, 02:38 PM
monojohn is just really nicemonojohn is just really nicemonojohn is just really nicemonojohn is just really nice
Pretty sure I'm going to win.
I did receive a confirmation email.

I'll take pictures of the deliver for you all.

Old 12-17-2010, 03:26 PM
rye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the rough
You guys are lucky I missed the deadline... it would have been mine! Can't wait to find out if a forum member actually does win.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Making one more parking spot in the garage..