997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Aftermarket exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 05:36 PM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by thxbuff2001
Has anybody installed a Porsche Sports Exhaust after taking delivery of the car?
Yes. Many of us have.
I am thinking about, but not sure if it is the best one for the price. Just the exhaust will cost 3T, not including the labor.
Best is highly subjective. The OEM PSE is heavier, probably doesn't make any power but has the option of the on/off ability and a factory warranty and it was designed by Porsche for all aspects (including crash tests).

Ive seen Fabspeed on you tube and their sound seems ok also. Probably I want something ON all the time anyway.
Again subjective. Some people love Fabspeed and others hate it. Video clips are all but useless and you need to decide what sounds and feels best to you.

Any suggestions what members use most commonly.
All over the board. Search is your friend here because this is a topic that has been beaten to death. Just make sure you focus on 997.1 cars because the 997.2 cars have very different issues/answers.

Good luck.

Old 12-18-2010, 06:08 PM
thxbuff2001 is infamous around these parts
I just want a little bit more tone in my exhaust especially in higher RPMs(>4000). Not too loud. Like a 1000cc BigBike.

I've heard a Tubi sounds nice.

But the Gondo is not bad either, especially the video clip by DocMartin9. The sound inside the cabin is excellent.

I will spend one day for this to hear some of them.

Thanks to all who replied to my post.

Old 12-19-2010, 06:35 PM
alan000 is infamous around these parts
Regarding adding a 200 cell cat and other mods, I don't know if this is true, but my local smog guy says next year, CA will eliminate the sniff portion of the smog test. they will only require the OBD readout. I guess this means it'll be easier to pass smog test if you perform intake/exhaust mods vs an ECU mod? A sport cat and a lighter exhaust (Tubi? Cargraphic?) are also a couple of things I'm thinking of doing next.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:33 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
AWE is very nice sounding "tame" exhaust system. Its got a very sporty sound without it being overwhelming. I had a buddy with a full AWE system and it was nice. PSE with 200 Cell cats is similar sounding and you can switch it on and off...

I have GMG's center exit and its very nice sounding but louder than most others. Love it...

Jason

Old 12-20-2010, 05:29 AM
Former Vendor
QuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the roughQuickSilver X is a jewel in the rough
Hi there,

Don't forget that QuickSilver also build a Stainless Steel exhaust for alll the Porsche 997 models. The system is lighter than the original equipment, improves performance, and works with the throttle to release the full pitch and volume as you increase speed. Out system retains the original equipments stainless tips.

Full details can be found here:
http://www.quicksilverexhausts.com/p...xhaust/272.htm

Here's is a test video taken from a 911 C2 on the weekend with a QuickSilver exhaust fitted. (in the snow)
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=479421578876

Last edited by QuickSilver X; 12-20-2010 at 05:32 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 12-20-2010, 06:02 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
I agree with yrallis on the tubi sytem 100%. It'd be pretty hard to beat on a 997S.1. The comments don't lie.
I had a tubi on my S and i honestly couldn't count the number of other P owners that commented to me on how good it sounded. Way better than the PSE. Sharkwerks will do a great deal on one of those. Its a really a great system for mufflers....zero drone...just great sound...inside and out.

The EP system is also another excellent choice for the 997s...designed with headers, cats, as a full system. those guys put so much R and D into their systems. Pity I never got to audition one of those but i can imagine it would be awesome as the TT system is sooo good. ART!! If you got the money...

Old 12-20-2010, 01:52 PM
Tripleblack is infamous around these partsTripleblack is infamous around these parts
I have the PSE option on my 06C2cab and I am green with envy when my neighbor pulls up to the daycare with his M3 sedan. I believe his is stock. PSE is not even close to that type growl.

Old 12-20-2010, 06:52 PM
jbauza is infamous around these parts
I switched my entire exhaust system (headers, cat and mufflers) to AWE, the sound is great. Furthermore since it was done by a P dealer the svc. manager said that they would honor the warranty. Also added an Evo airbox, new plenum and flash the ECU.

Old 12-21-2010, 01:57 AM
vraxinus is infamous around these partsvraxinus is infamous around these parts
try browsing on FVD exhaust. I never heard it live but looking at the video, it sounds really nice. hope it helps.

Has anybody installed a Porsche Sports Exhaust after taking delivery of the car?

I am thinking about, but not sure if it is the best one for the price. Just the exhaust will cost 3T, not including the labor.

Ive seen Fabspeed on you tube and their sound seems ok also. Probably I want something ON all the time anyway.

Any suggestions what members use most commonly.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:09 PM
thxbuff2001 is infamous around these parts
Thanks to all who posted.

I guess all of the exhaust are OK. Its just a matter of what is available in my area. But definitely I would change my stock exhaust.

If the stock could get a little bit closer to the sound of my M5 then it would be great.

I want a little bit more presence.

I hope by January I am ready to post a pic/clip of my mods.