997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Sport Classic at Rector in Burlingame, CA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 06:04 PM
mathfuzzy is infamous around these parts
Sport Classic at Rector in Burlingame, CA

If you live in the Bay Area and want to see a Sport Classic in person, Rector Porsche had one as recently as Saturday. You might call to make sure it's still there before making a trip.

I was kind of blown away when I saw it in person. Seemed very much like an update of the Touring version of the RS Carrera. The Gray with deviating strips and Brown interior with sport seats and cloth inserts absolutely works. The duck tail and twin big round pipes are stunning.

I think it's total BS that this is a limited edition car...similarly upset about the Speedster...but that's besides the point.

If you're interested, and in the Bay Area, and the car is still there, I HIGHLY recommend going to see it in person.

Old 12-20-2010, 06:20 PM
MidnightBlue is a jewel in the roughMidnightBlue is a jewel in the roughMidnightBlue is a jewel in the rough
How did they get one of those? I thought the SC was not being imported into the US?

Old 12-20-2010, 06:25 PM
It's not for sale, but for some reason they have it to display. Not clear to me and, frankly, I was too occupied with the car to ask too many questions.

I gather it belongs to a friend of the company who lives in the Bay Area. Not sure if it's here under a DOT waiver or not.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:03 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Are you positive it was not a recreation... I have seen a few around.. I believe even Champion has one that is very close...

Did it have the twin bubble roof?

Jason

Old 12-20-2010, 09:04 PM
NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
There are a couple in the US.. one in TX and one in the NE states. Both owners were recently looking for a small cable that the cars didn't come off the boat with, otherwise they don't run (or something like that).

Here's the thread: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...need-help.html

Old 12-20-2010, 09:07 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Wow interesting... had no idea someone would want one of these this bad in the US!

Jason

Old 12-20-2010, 09:29 PM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
Some think the Sport Classic is overpriced. I dunno, I believe it's an amazing Porsche that I wish they would allow here. Yeah, you can get one and bring it over (all it takes is $$) but to get it street legal takes some modification hurdles to get through.

Old 12-21-2010, 04:58 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
for the price they're asking, it should only attract to collectors, which is okay, since they're all sold anyway. it's just not our avg-joe 911. that's all...

Old 12-21-2010, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by JEllis
Are you positive it was not a recreation... I have seen a few around.. I believe even Champion has one that is very close...

Did it have the twin bubble roof?

Jason
Yep - it's genuine - twin bubble roof and all. I actually think the roof is a little fussy and unnecessary, but it was there alright.