997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

new 991 renderings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 12:58 AM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
I like the rear but does anyone else think its a little Aston Martin ish? The slit wedge lights and the harder edge around the tail. Just my first impression.

Old 12-22-2010, 02:38 AM
simsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by adias
That comparo makes the 991 front closer to the Panamera (and the R8) than the 997.2. The Panamera is a big car and it looks fine, AFAIC, but morph the 997 into a Panamera is not a good thing. The new 991 according to those photoshopped pics loses line purity, with its bloated front and creased/complex rear.
That side-by-side reminds me of the effect on a Crown Vic of mounting that front end work they need for law enforcement. If this is to meet a pedestrian safety regulation in EU, I would love to critique the supporting data for that reg. Looks offhand like a choice of the 997 taking off my feet or losing my lower legs entirely if hit by a 991. One must infer that leg removal absorbs enough additional energy to create a statistically significant reduction in the head and chest trauma when your flailing body hits the windshield. Either that, or all that design cost is associated with the occasional twit rolling into a crosswalk and bumping the ankles of some other twit walking along too distracted to notice an oncoming ton-and-a-half of metal.

You gotta love a protective government.

Gary

Old 12-22-2010, 04:19 AM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
Originally Posted by simsgw
That side-by-side reminds me of the effect on a Crown Vic of mounting that front end work they need for law enforcement. If this is to meet a pedestrian safety regulation in EU, I would love to critique the supporting data for that reg. Looks offhand like a choice of the 997 taking off my feet or losing my lower legs entirely if hit by a 991. One must infer that leg removal absorbs enough additional energy to create a statistically significant reduction in the head and chest trauma when your flailing body hits the windshield. Either that, or all that design cost is associated with the occasional twit rolling into a crosswalk and bumping the ankles of some other twit walking along too distracted to notice an oncoming ton-and-a-half of metal.

You gotta love a protective government.

Gary
No we DON'T!!!

Old 12-22-2010, 09:21 AM
m5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nice
Looks more masculine from the front.... I more interested in the engineering part..... Any news on the hardware?

Old 12-22-2010, 10:13 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Im actually hoping they make the car a bit more GT than it is and save the absolute sport for the "GT" porsches...but thats just me. So if this thing ends up btw the current 911 and the panamera but without the hatch...id be happy...

Old 12-27-2010, 07:22 PM
Diablo79 is infamous around these parts
reserve thoughts....

Hey guys, I'm going to reserve judgement for the "up close and personal" view. i like the front, and the back might be cool, but i need to see it...can't wait!