997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Leak near my front right tire?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 09:21 AM
akacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to behold
Leak near my front right tire?

I've got some kind of a leak near my front right tire. The liquid has a red tint. Any idea what it might be?

Old 12-23-2010, 09:49 AM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
power steering?

Old 12-23-2010, 10:06 AM
akacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to beholdakacaj is a splendid one to behold
I think its the coolant. The liquid in the tank is way below the minimum line and the liquid inside has a reddish tint. I guess I need to make a trip to the dealer.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:29 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by akacaj
I think its the coolant. The liquid in the tank is way below the minimum line and the liquid inside has a reddish tint. I guess I need to make a trip to the dealer.
Trip to the dealer is the best idea, sounds like it could be a leaky hose.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:40 AM
I am debating calling road side assistance or adding some coolant and driving it in my self. I think it can hold. The dealer is about 20 min away. The earliest they can look at it is on Monday and the loaner wont be a P car. What a PITA!

Old 12-23-2010, 10:46 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Are you under warranty? If so call them.

You should be able to make it, but you never know.