997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Should I add an IPD Plenum?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 02:35 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
I am the OP and I did get the IPD plenum installed this weekend. Thanks again for all the feedback guys.
I have not driven it much since but my initial thoughts are that the exhuast note is louder and sounds much more aggresive. The pull is definitley stronger. Now that it has been over 50 miles since the install and the mapping has adjusted to it I should be feeling its full effects. Will post some more conclusive thoughts soon.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:02 PM
DÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant future
Excellent, just don't bother to do DE with our local PCA club, your car won't be welcome now.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:16 PM
996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
I am the OP and I did get the IPD plenum installed this weekend. Thanks again for all the feedback guys.
I have not driven it much since but my initial thoughts are that the exhuast note is louder and sounds much more aggresive. The pull is definitley stronger. Now that it has been over 50 miles since the install and the mapping has adjusted to it I should be feeling its full effects. Will post some more conclusive thoughts soon.
When i had my IPD on my 996 it took a 100 miles or so to break in once it did I felt the difference. Keep us posted on the DFI with it and enjoy it

Old 01-18-2011, 12:51 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
I had a chance to put it in sports plus and manual shifting last night. I could really feel a big difference in my butt dyno. To be a little more specific the throttle response and pull are much better. The exhaust used to be an extremely loud high pitch roar near redline(actually painful to the ear), now with the plenum it is a little louder but less high pitch and more V8 rumble sound.
For the performance improvement over the costs of this mod, I would recommend it for anyone considering it. And if you live anywhere near LA, I suggest you have it installed by IPD plenum/BBI motorsports. It is a new piece and few places have experience installing them.

Old 01-18-2011, 02:28 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
just finished installing my IPD Plenum as well (with other mods) and here are my initial impressions. I agree the sound at high revs is deep which is good:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...rt-cels-2.html