997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Should I add an IPD Plenum?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 02:56 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Should I add an IPD Plenum?

I have a C2S 2009 with PDK, Tubi exhaust(center muffler delete), softronic ecu tune, fabspeed CAI.
I did these about 3 months apart from each other in that order. I felt the CAI the most, maybe because it was the last mod and it all came together.

Is it worth it to get a IPD plenum in addition? And why?

Old 12-23-2010, 04:45 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
No, it's not worth it IMO. But...you'll probably do it anyways since it's the next "logical" mod

Old 12-23-2010, 04:46 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
No, it's not worth it IMO.
+1 Do a search and you will find some data to support this.

Old 12-23-2010, 06:05 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan
+1 Do a search and you will find some data to support this.
I did do a search and I am not sure why you think the data was negative. Could you please be specific about what you think is not worth it per the data. Thanks

Old 12-23-2010, 08:09 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Old 12-23-2010, 09:51 PM
DÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant future
Dyno and my butt did not lie

I am very happy with the combination of the center muffler delete with the fabspeed CAI; I think with respect to physics it makes sense to improve laminar flow into the combustion chambers; if you look at the GTS with the x51 powerpack - the plenum from porsche is different (aluminum) instead of plastic on the 997.2 S. This also leads to less thermal mass issues.
I have noticed a massive kick in the pants with all of the mods. The dyno didn't lie. My experience with the GIAC flash (hand held able to switch between factory and pump program) was both I felt it (before the dyno) and proved it with the dyno 12HP. The car dyno'd out at 375 WHP; I posted the results awhile back.

For reference my car is a '10 C2S 6 speed.

Old 12-24-2010, 07:55 AM
P997S is infamous around these partsP997S is infamous around these parts
i say save your money...evo intake, giac flash and suncoast/evo headers added ZERO to my 997.1 S

and yes - i did before and after dyno same day and different days with multiple runs....

Old 12-24-2010, 08:07 AM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
Ummm, T? When did you pick up the Cayenne TT? Nice.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:15 AM
DÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant futureDÜnkleblau S has a brilliant future
P997s zzz has a 997.2 diff engine. Can't speak to your experience tho

Old 12-24-2010, 11:18 AM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
I am asking the same question about my 997.1; does this make sense? I will also add in a few months time fabspeed x pipes with high flow cats followed by an EVOMS CAI.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:23 AM
Besides the op's question referred to IPD not RSS. . Diff designed plenum, IPD has patent on the y shaped intake. It's the physics of laminar flow that make a diff.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by NorthVan
I read thru most of it and regardless of the real dyno many guys say they feel an impressive difference with their butt dyno. So even though the results were less then what was expected the feedback is actually very positive by most guys who have done this mod. I am sure my cai would not show any gains on a dyno butt I sure did feel it and the net result was a big smile on my face.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by Axxlrod
Ummm, T? When did you pick up the Cayenne TT? Nice.
Thanks, got it 2 weeks ago for the Lexus lx.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
I read thru most of it and regardless of the real dyno many guys say they feel an impressive difference with their butt dyno. So even though the results were less then what was expected the feedback is actually very positive by most guys who have done this mod. I am sure my cai would not show any gains on a dyno butt I sure did feel it and the net result was a big smile on my face.
If your but dyno is looking for a boost, then go for it. RSS are great guys to deal with.

Old 12-24-2010, 02:21 PM
MichaelL is infamous around these partsMichaelL is infamous around these parts
Look into replacing the header/catalytic converter components. OEM parts are restrictive & somewhat crude. As aftermarket catalytics are less restrictive, the exhaust will be louder. Don't expect large power or torque improvements with any normally aspirated motor.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Should I add an IPD Plenum?