997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Sand Beige vs Natural Brown ....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 07:01 PM
krswen is infamous around these parts
Sand Beige vs Natural Brown ....

So I downloaded the massive 997 brochure which shows interior colors. I know it's risky to go by what you see on the monitor screen, but how would you describe the difference?
I downloaded a bunch of photos from various car sales sites and to me, sand beige almost always has a strong pink cast to it (which I don't like if it's really there). On the other hand, natural brown seems quite rare.
Do I need to adjust my monitor, or is the beige somewhat flesh colored as opposed to tan or light brown?

Old 12-27-2010, 07:37 PM
og risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud of
There is no pink "hue" in sand Beige...it IS alot lighter and would seem to soil much easier than Natural brown...depending on the exterior color of the vehicle my vote usually goes to Natural brown...hope that helps

Old 12-27-2010, 07:56 PM
Jarlaxle is infamous around these parts
Sand beige = Tan. Nothing really special but still very good looking. If you are looking pre-owned, natural brown is much more rare as it was a not a standard color and a decent premium to upgrade. That said, they both look great.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:10 PM
TooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant future
Here's a close-up pic of Sand Beige leather.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:14 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
This is Natural Brown:

The second picture color balance has a bit of red. The top picture has more accurate color.

Note that Sand Beige is the top coated painted leather. natural Brown is aniline-dyed leather - different feel.

Last edited by adias; 12-27-2010 at 08:17 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:44 PM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
Both colors are a nice alternative to black interior IMO. Wife has a Boxster with sand beige /carmon red color and I recently acquired a Racing Green/Natural Brown Leather 09 C4s. Personal preference really.

Old 12-28-2010, 04:28 AM
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
Two points about the sand - if you get it, go for the two tone because the light color leather on the dash will give you reflections in your windshield. Also, if you wear newer blue jeans, you may find that the leather is stained with the dye from the jeans. This was my experience with a savannah beige 996 turbo I owned and sand beige is even lighter. My last two Porsches have had NBL and I couldn't be happier with the natural leather - much richer looking and feel than the standard leather. My '11 C2S is basalt black over NBL and is quite a striking combo.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:20 AM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Alan
Two points about the sand - if you get it, go for the two tone because the light color leather on the dash will give you reflections in your windshield. Also, if you wear newer blue jeans, you may find that the leather is stained with the dye from the jeans.
Both true - Polarized sunglasses are a must. The blue jean dye wipes off fairly easy with mild leather cleaner - I use the Griott's.

Sand is easy enough to see at a dealer. I have only seen NB in pics, but it looks really nice in the pics.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:55 PM
cbzzoom is infamous around these parts
IMO money no object, Natural Leather is the money interior. Very nice.

I have sand and like it a lot. It's not too pink or orange the way old Porsche "tan" colors were.

Old 12-28-2010, 01:30 PM
0luke1 is infamous around these parts
Adias makes a great point: You should find a car at a dealership that has natural leather - the look and feel is MUCH nicer IMHO.

Old 12-28-2010, 01:42 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
IMO +1 on the natural leather being best, but the sand works well too. cost aside, i think you need to ask yourself how diligent you'll be in cleaning because certainly the nl will be more forgiving.

Old 12-28-2010, 01:42 PM
LeNoah is infamous around these parts
Love the natural brown. When I decided to go ahead and order a car I knew that I had to have my favorite color combo, midnight blue and natural brown. Very rich looking compared to the more bland (IMHO) sand. However it is an expensive option so you gotta want it. Also, with 28,000 on the clock there is some wear showing on the left bolster on the driver's side. I have sport seats so the bolsters are deeper and trickier to get into without rubbing.

That being said, there may be some exterior colors where the sand goes better. Personal opinion.

Old 12-28-2010, 02:09 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
LeNoah -- I've seen your combo at the dealer and its awesome!! The driver side bolster wear though is very typical with any leather (and comfort seats too), so I wouldn't factor that in

Originally Posted by LeNoah
Love the natural brown. When I decided to go ahead and order a car I knew that I had to have my favorite color combo, midnight blue and natural brown. Very rich looking compared to the more bland (IMHO) sand. However it is an expensive option so you gotta want it. Also, with 28,000 on the clock there is some wear showing on the left bolster on the driver's side. I have sport seats so the bolsters are deeper and trickier to get into without rubbing.

That being said, there may be some exterior colors where the sand goes better. Personal opinion.

Old 12-28-2010, 02:48 PM
Plp39503 has a spectacular aura aboutPlp39503 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Sand Beige vs. Leather

Hi Everyone,

I recently bought a '09 C4S Cab (CPO from Houston dealership - only had 9,000 miles and it came loaded ) - Ruby Red metallic exterior, sand beige interior, black top.

The sand beige doesn't have a pink hue to it, if anything, I think it has more of a golden tone to it.

I agree that natural leather is much nicer if you can find it or spec it. I was buying used, so was mentally prepared to compromise on color.

There was a new white exterior/chocolate interior Cab at the dealership that looked very sharp, btw.

I also joined the forum a few weeks ago, and have learned a lot from the history and the current discussions. Hope to contribute as I get up to speed, no pun

Happy new years, and may it be a fast one!

Old 01-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Ale_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud of
if it helps....
these are a couple of pics i have taken around midday (sunny day with a few clouds)

PS be aware that the inside roof color will be black alcantara with natural brown interiors.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sand Beige vs Natural Brown ....