997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Best place to buy painted center caps?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 08:03 AM
away is infamous around these parts
Best place to buy painted center caps?

I've been thinking of replacing my Champion RG5 center caps with the Porsche painted ones. I know the OEM's go for $150+, but I'm wondering if anyone has had success with alternatives? I did a quick check on ebay and came up with these.

Any suggestions?

Old 01-03-2011, 08:43 PM
fastride911 is infamous around these parts
I recently had my wheels powdercoated and wanted a black oem centercap (to match body) with colored crest. Originally purchased on eBay to save $ but was not satisfied with the quality as it was not the same as the originals. It cost me the shipping but I was able to return the caps for full refund. Ended up buying through Suncoast and paid more but worth it. I would not buy these thru eBay unless you can return if you're not happy.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:46 PM
Fast997turbo is infamous around these parts
I had OEM ones professionally painted black. Came out great!

Old 01-04-2011, 06:48 AM
There seem to be a few versions of the caps on ebay and the link I posted are the ones I thought looked the nicest. Until I have them in my hand though I cannot comment on the quality.

I was hoping some other people might have given them a go.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:59 AM
Dharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud of
I bought a set of OEM C4 caps on eBay for $50. Just keep an eye out for a set of OEM's.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:32 AM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
i bought the ones below on ebay and was very happy with the quality. granted its a bit of a crapshoot unless you see them in person (or have an option to return) but in this case i took a chance (for $50) and it worked out well:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Old 01-04-2011, 09:28 AM
Those look identical (albeit black) to the ones I was considering as well. Glad to hear a favorable experience, and worth the $50 shot I suppose.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:11 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
ForgeLine made a set of billet caps for my wheels with inlaid Porsche hood crests. They are outstanding.

Old 01-05-2011, 05:47 AM
Ale_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud of
I suscribe to the thread to follow
OP: did you already got the ones you pointed out in your post?

Old 01-05-2011, 06:28 AM
I haven't received them yet. I purchased but the seller told me he was temporarily sold out of them but should have them back in stock by the end of the week or next week. (Why have the listing up then?!)

Anyway, I was in no great rush as the car is mostly hibernating anyway so I figured I'd just wait until they arrive. I'll definitely let you know when they do.

Old 01-05-2011, 07:57 AM
Ale_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud ofAle_72 has much to be proud of
Will be great.
And thanks as well for the information on the delivery.
I'll be here in the US only until next Thursday and then back again beginning of February.
So probably it will be better for me to contact the seller end of Jan (if I have your "go" ) to make sure he will be able to deliver it when I am on site.
Thanks again.

Old 01-05-2011, 03:19 PM
strife_wy has a spectacular aura aboutstrife_wy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by KonaKai
i bought the ones below on ebay and was very happy with the quality. granted its a bit of a crapshoot unless you see them in person (or have an option to return) but in this case i took a chance (for $50) and it worked out well:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290495239939&viewitem= &sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT
Do these pop into OEM wheels without modification?

Old 01-05-2011, 03:30 PM
jimny is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by away
I haven't received them yet. I purchased but the seller told me he was temporarily sold out of them but should have them back in stock by the end of the week or next week. (Why have the listing up then?!)

Anyway, I was in no great rush as the car is mostly hibernating anyway so I figured I'd just wait until they arrive. I'll definitely let you know when they do.
Keep us posted! Subscribed.

Old 01-05-2011, 03:33 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by strife_wy
Do these pop into OEM wheels without modification?
yes they do. they're just a tad snug (as they should be) so i first put a little grease on the back of them before popping them in.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:42 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Alan C.
ForgeLine made a set of billet caps for my wheels with inlaid Porsche hood crests. They are outstanding.
Can you give us more detail, maybe post a picture?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best place to buy painted center caps?