997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Intercity Lines is moving my C2S Cab from CA to NJ

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 05:17 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Intercity Lines is moving my C2S Cab from CA to NJ

Any advice on things I should do prior to the 3,000 mile move?

Old 01-06-2011, 06:21 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Prepare the car for hibernation.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:48 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
buy snow tires

Old 01-07-2011, 07:16 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by michaeldantep
Don't send both keys. Take pictures before transport.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:59 AM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by michaeldantep
They are one of THE BEST companies to go with. You will be fine. But yes dont send both keys just in case.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:42 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
u guys r killing me! Run with this thing! They got more snow then they have
ever had in a decade.

BTW, I used the for the 535xi and they r class act! Covered the car and
had a drip tray above for the above vehicles

Old 01-07-2011, 09:01 AM
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
"advice on things I should do prior to the 3,000 mile move?"

Ask forgiveness from whomever is sending you to NJ in January, and then stay in CA. If not, we're rolling out the white carpet for you - another half foot of snow here in North Jersey. Fortunately, it covers up the potholes, trash and bodies.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:17 AM
Dharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud of
Cancel the shipment and drive the damn thing!!

Old 01-10-2011, 06:49 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Alan
Ask forgiveness from whomever is sending you to NJ in January, and then stay in CA. If not, we're rolling out the white carpet for you - another half foot of snow here in North Jersey. Fortunately, it covers up the potholes, trash and bodies.
I'm originally from NJ and I couldn't turn down the job offer in Manhattan. I won't need to drive my car at all for work, so it will be garaged when there is snow on the ground.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:13 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
congrats on the new job!

i would cover much of the interior such as carpet, seats, door pull, steer wheel. leave the car with less than 1/4 of tank and ensure there is air in the tires.

if you have extra time, put some protection under the front bumper. tape some card board to the bottom of the bumper maybe.

make sure you ship it enclosed. weather is nasty out there.