997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Just got done installing exhaust system tonight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 04:32 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
Much better. That gets me interested.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:58 PM
solidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud of
I can't take the suspense any more! What brand exhaust is it? AWE, FVD??? what?

Old 01-17-2011, 02:06 AM
vraxinus is infamous around these partsvraxinus is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by solidst8
I can't take the suspense any more! What brand exhaust is it? AWE, FVD??? what?
most likely its either AWE or FVD. cargraphic and other exhaust sounds a little bit diff from that. but still not sure what exhaust he is using..seems like he doesnt want to let anyone know about his setup hahaha

Old 01-17-2011, 04:12 AM
911 Molar is infamous around these parts
Nice zorst dood.
Spill the beans!!!
details NOW

Old 01-17-2011, 08:13 AM
SKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to all
Great Vid. Now, even your neighbors know you have a new exhaust system.
Thanks for the do over.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:10 AM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
What brand?

Old 01-17-2011, 03:08 PM
Sharkys is infamous around these parts
Guys, this is an exhaust mod on stock 997.1 mufflers. For each can, a 1.75" x 6"-7" stainless steel tube was mandrel bent and welded with stainless between the inlet and outlet. The SS pipes are welded in so they are vertical in the final installed position and they located close to the muffler. Afterwards the exhaust was media blasted. The increase in sound is minimal until WOT where it opens up and there is no drone. Above 3100 RPMs is where the tone really changes.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:03 PM
solidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud of
Gundo hack! That sounds really good!! Thanks for the closure, now I can go on with my life.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:15 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
Nice that your shop used stainless tubes. I saw one post where it appeared the shop used aluninized carbon steel tubes. Not good.

Old 01-18-2011, 02:27 AM
Sharkys is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Alan C.
Nice that your shop used stainless tubes. I saw one post where it appeared the shop used aluninized carbon steel tubes. Not good.
Yap, Darin at FD Motorsports did a great job on these. The fit and welds are great and the quality of his work can be seen in the attention to detail. I've seen some hacks out and this is far from a hack job. PM me for details.

Last edited by Sharkys; 01-18-2011 at 02:38 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:08 AM
911 Molar is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by solidst8
Gundo hack! That sounds really good!! Thanks for the closure, now I can go on with my life.
ditto
+1
molar