997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Just got done installing exhaust system tonight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 01:15 AM
Sharkys is infamous around these parts
Just got done installing exhaust system tonight

I had only a very short window to get this video so I apologize for the poor quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpBb4a0UIrE

What do you all think? Comments good or bad are greatly appreciated as I'm still undecided on the sound I'm looking for

Last edited by Sharkys; 01-07-2011 at 01:19 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:08 AM
J.Seven is infamous around these parts
Sounds great. What brand? Your car is a 997.1?

Old 01-07-2011, 06:48 AM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Wish I could comment, but the paltry revs and grandma exit to the street really hampers the effect JK

More vids!!

Old 01-07-2011, 09:19 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
Wish I could comment, but the paltry revs and grandma exit to the street really hampers the effect

Old 01-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Lol. Can I get a redo

Old 01-07-2011, 10:55 AM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sharkys
Lol. Can I get a redo
Of course. Maybe drink a few RedBull then crank her up.

What's your setup?

Old 01-07-2011, 11:35 AM
PorscheQSD is infamous around these parts
It sounds average

It does not have the clear defining sound. What RPM were you revving it up to?

Old 01-07-2011, 12:28 PM
kerry911 is infamous around these parts
What are you doing with the old mufflers.
I am need of a driver side muffler for 997.1S

Thanks

Old 01-07-2011, 06:38 PM
It was dark last night and so I had to fiddle around from a distance. Apparantly, the zoom function has no affect on mic sensitivity. The camera was about 25' away. Nonetheless, I get a do over

Old 01-07-2011, 10:31 PM
solidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud of
A.w.e.??

Last edited by solidst8; 01-07-2011 at 11:28 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:51 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sharkys
It was dark last night and so I had to fiddle around from a distance. Apparantly, the zoom function has no affect on mic sensitivity. The camera was about 25' away. Nonetheless, I get a do over
What brand?

Old 01-10-2011, 10:56 AM
Bonerwall is infamous around these parts
Is your car a 997.1 or a 997.2 (it makes a big difference in the sound and what systems are available)?? And what exhaust system did you put on? Details??

Old 01-10-2011, 03:45 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
Nice!

You just get a fresh exhaust installed and even though dark take the vid and post it up here for us to hear..!!!!!

I think that is awesome, gotta luv your passion buddy and timeliness in getting up a vid.... sounds a heck of a lot better then stock but I have always found true exhausts hard to get a real feel for on a posted clip. Still was happy to click on and give it a hear...

Nice job modding and getting up a vid so quick..

Now an update on what you did, product etc would be great... thanks, enjoy your car, looks like your having fun with it and always like to see that!

Old 01-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Recalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really niceRecalcitrant is just really nice
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
Wish I could comment, but the paltry revs and grandma exit to the street really hampers the effect JK

More vids!!

Old 01-16-2011, 12:44 PM
Here is the do over. I took this clip in front of my driveway this morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8mY1Zkyv2Y

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just got done installing exhaust system tonight