997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Is it true BBS is going out of business??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 04:02 PM
AJ997S is infamous around these parts
Is it true BBS is going out of business??

I heard from a few people that BBS is perhaps claiming bankruptcy and or going out of business. Does anyone have any insight on this? I'm wondering if there might be a closeout sale of some sort on remaining inventory....

Old 01-07-2011, 04:13 PM
keeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AJ997S
I heard from a few people that BBS is perhaps claiming bankruptcy and or going out of business. Does anyone have any insight on this? I'm wondering if there might be a closeout sale of some sort on remaining inventory....
Correct - this is from e90post.com

BBS files for bankruptcy... again.
BBS, the iconic wheel maker officially filed for Bankruptcy on December 30, 2010. Truly sad news from one of the best wheel makers on the planet. A company that has teamed up with BMW many times to design and create specific wheels.

BBS has created some of the most memorable light alloy wheels, but despite that had filed for Bankruptcy back in 2007, only to be saved by Belgian holding firm Punch international, allowing BBS to continue their daily operations.

According to German language paper FAZ.net, the move was a bit of a surprise to everyone involved, including corporate partner IG Metall whose CEO told FAZ that he planned a multi-million dollar investment in the firm. Competing wheel maker, Ronal, also had plans to purchase a BBS factory in Germany, which BBS states is still on track.

The original reasons cited for Bankruptcy in 2007 where the rising costs of Aluminum, it seems that BBS have been unable to get over the same hurdles and is now intent on shutting down major OE wheels production in order to focus on its "core" bussiness of building speciality wheels only.

BBS reached out to Autoblog and gave the following quote:
Quote:
"In Germany, BBS has filed for restructuring (Similar to the US Chapter 11) and at the same time they have a LOI with Ronal to buy the BBS plant in Herbolzheim. (Herbolzheim is the production facility for standard OEM high volume production.)

The intent of BBS is to re-focus on our core business in Schiltach; Motorsports, OES business (Ferrari, Porsche, etc... and including our US based programs with Ford, Toyota, etc.), High-end aftermarket and Technology development. (Schiltach is the BBS headquarters responsible for all engineering, development, high-end and specialty production, etc.)

BBS began life as a "Racing wheel" company (in Schiltach) over 40 years ago, several years later they began producing aftermarket wheels and a few years later they were producing "Specialty" OE wheels (OES).

BBS is just returning to its core business."
Source: FAZ.net via Autoblog

Old 01-07-2011, 04:31 PM
That was fast, thanks Keeperofbeasts, I am now informed.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:36 PM
keeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AJ997S
That was fast, thanks Keeperofbeasts, I am now informed.
No problem but i dont think the wheels will get any cheaper

Old 01-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Doesn't look like it! At first I was sad to hear they might be gone then my greedy side kicked in and I was like maybe I can grab a couple of sets cheap LOL! Good to know they will still be here to serve us.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:58 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
I think if anything, they will cost more.

I also believe that they will maintain their OEM relationship with Ferrari and Porsche.

Old 01-07-2011, 05:11 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
There has been a thread in the GT3 section for a few days. Some interesting comments.

Old 09-20-2020, 04:51 AM
Posan Isan is infamous around these parts
<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->Perhaps due to problems with documents, I can advise you on the e-sign site in this case. for business