997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Is a PPI a Waste of Money for 2006 CPO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 01:39 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
I purchased a CPO car a few years ago without a PPI and later found the front had been damaged. It was minor and there was no record of airbag deployment.

It comes down to your relationship with the dealer and their reputation. But it may be the best $250 you ever spent.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:54 PM
Hawkeye1 is infamous around these parts
I know. That's my dilema. Obviously the dealer/service department has a vested interest in the car and wants to sell it. Do you think that a dealer selling a car can do an objective PPI? I don't have a relationship with this dealer, but it is a reputable dealer and have had friends who swear by them. It's such a low mileage car that I don't have too many doubts and the DME scan is darn good.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:14 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
If the dealer really is confident in the condition of the car ask them if they will state in writing that there has been no damage to the car.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:28 AM
Vladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura about
PPI is a must! Make sure they have a paint meter.
I drove 4.5 hours to NAPLETON PORSCHE in Chicago to buy a CPO car only to find out that they were lying to me about 4 panels being repainted. Salesman even used the paint meter with me over the phone. When I got there the paint meter was "missing" and when I persisted they found it but no one in the store had a battery for it!! I supplied the battery... Pathetic.
They wouldn't even say they were sorry or pay for my gas or a hotel room.Wrote to Porsche, got nowhere...

Last edited by Vladm; 01-22-2011 at 08:30 AM.