997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 S exhausts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 08:57 AM
pfpollice is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Sharkys
I installed a D Fister Gund hack a few weeks ago and I'm am very pleased. No droning and nice sound when WOT and over 3100 RPMS. I wasn't looking for too loud. But I could always go to sport cats in the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8mY1Zkyv2Y
Great sound. Thanks for your video clip. Helpful. I may just start with this and the sport cats. Regards. Paul

Old 01-22-2011, 09:02 AM
IPD plenum

Originally Posted by utkinpol
tubi mufflers are loudest. in my opinion most of those aftermarket mufflers were designed for stock cats...
fabspeed had 2 veersions of mufflers - maxflo (loud) and some less loud ones. i would vote eihter for fabspeed x-pipe with those 'quiet' maxflos OR for entire AWE solution - 200cell cats and mufflers.

muffler bypasses and tubi together with 200cell cats will not be civilized, IMHO, but it`s for you to decide on. FVD is also good, but, IMHO decide yourself how much you want to pay for all that stuff as in the end it all sounds kinda the same when it will go into background noise in 4-5months after install.
Does the IPD make a big difference? If installed, do you have to use GIAC or EVOMS ECU to take advantage of the airflow? Paul

Old 01-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Sharkys is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by pfpollice
Great sound. Thanks for your video clip. Helpful. I may just start with this and the sport cats. Regards. Paul
Contact DFister or do it yourself. Fister uses 1.75" diameter SS tubing and also welds with stainless. The tubes are longer than what most use for a typical gundo hack and some use 2" diameter. Look for Cattman's post on his exhaust set up. He has the Gundo hack along with sports cats and an EVO intake - it sounds mean but he is super charged.

Good Luck. If you don't like the Gundos, you can always sell them and get your money back easy.

Last edited by Sharkys; 01-22-2011 at 11:13 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:47 AM
Boatsonthebrain is a name known to allBoatsonthebrain is a name known to allBoatsonthebrain is a name known to allBoatsonthebrain is a name known to allBoatsonthebrain is a name known to allBoatsonthebrain is a name known to all
I just had Fister D's exhaust mod installed on my '06S to complement the existing X51s & AWE 200s. No video yet but absolutely love the sound. Deep & throaty but won't wake the neighbors idling up the street. Once you get your foot into the throttle though, watch out, it absolutely howls/screams!

Bought the cans used off a fellow 6speed-er, had them shipped to Fister and, with the Ceramachrome coating, they look pretty nice too. IMHO this is a great exhaust mod for the money!

Attached Images     

Last edited by Boatsonthebrain; 01-22-2011 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Adding pics
Old 01-22-2011, 09:17 PM
thxbuff2001 is infamous around these parts
Where can you buy a D Fister Gund hack?

Old 01-23-2011, 02:09 AM
robfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of light
Tubi!!!

I went with Champin Motorsports and went Tubi... Couldn't be happier. Aggressive sound on startup, civilized around town, comes to life above 3,500 RPMs. Plus, it is like jewelry, VERY high quality, too bad its hidden beneath. Other than price, there is no downside to Tubi, IMHO.................

Old 01-23-2011, 05:32 AM
Boatsonthebrain is a name known to allBoatsonthebrain is a name known to allBoatsonthebrain is a name known to allBoatsonthebrain is a name known to allBoatsonthebrain is a name known to allBoatsonthebrain is a name known to all
Originally Posted by thxbuff2001
Where can you buy a D Fister Gund hack?

http://www.fdmotorsports.net/index_files/Page732.htm

Darin and Mark are well respected on the Rennlist 993 and other Boards and really emphasize quality products and excellent customer service.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:41 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Anyone Gundo hacked a set of Tubi mufflers?

Old 01-23-2011, 09:43 AM
Sharkys is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mdrums
Anyone Gundo hacked a set of Tubi mufflers?
Now that would be interesting. I like the tubi sound as well.

Old 01-23-2011, 02:43 PM
crazy talk, now. Chop $2500 mufflers!!!

Old 01-29-2011, 07:48 AM
Originally Posted by Boatsonthebrain
http://www.fdmotorsports.net/index_files/Page732.htm

Darin and Mark are well respected on the Rennlist 993 and other Boards and really emphasize quality products and excellent customer service.
Here's a quick cold start video of my car with the bypass (& other exhaust mods listed in signature) installed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt4T2mEuzVY

Old 01-29-2011, 02:35 PM
marsfire is infamous around these parts
any input on power gains from these mufflers/exhaust systems?

Old 01-29-2011, 02:38 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by marsfire
any input on power gains from these mufflers/exhaust systems?
I did a lot of research and it seems the most you'll get is about 25 from any exhaust change. The biggest difference is the CAT change, which supposedly leads to about 20 of the 25. Any other difference is weight and sound only.

Old 01-29-2011, 02:47 PM
marsfire is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by michaeldantep
I did a lot of research and it seems the most you'll get is about 25 from any exhaust change. The biggest difference is the CAT change, which supposedly leads to about 20 of the 25. Any other difference is weight and sound only.
I looked a bit into this too. Seems like the cats make the most difference (for power). In your research, which cat made the most power? I'd also be open to going catless/straight pipes... but worried that it'll be way too loud, even with stock mufflers

Old 01-29-2011, 03:26 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by marsfire
I looked a bit into this too. Seems like the cats make the most difference (for power). In your research, which cat made the most power? I'd also be open to going catless/straight pipes... but worried that it'll be way too loud, even with stock mufflers
I think the 100 cell CATS, but I have 200 cell AWE CATS. The 100s will almost assuredly give you CELs. I think they are all comparable, the people on this site seem to love AWE, but I would say if you're going to change the entire exhaust system out, I would go with all the same brand. They do their tests as a system, so I personally wouldn't mix and match mufflers, headers and CATs from different brands. If cost wasn't a factor, I would personally do all Tubi or Cargraphic headers, CATS & mufflers (I like the sound of those two, but what sounds "good" is subjective so you may want to hear them in person). However, if one already has PSE (weight aside), I would just change out the CATS like I did. You get the most bang for the buck, you get a deeper, racier sound and you have the button to shut it down if needed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 S exhausts