997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 S exhausts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 02:20 PM
pfpollice is infamous around these parts
997 S exhausts

I known lots of opinions. Just installed a Meisterschaft Race on my X5 BMW. Earth shatteingly great. My wife and daughters love it. Considering same on my 997S cabriolet. I have a Fabspeed cup intake and am considering Fabspeed x-pipe/sport cats and Fabspeed exhaust. Anyone with with this combo or a Meisterchaft race on a 997. So the choices are Tubi, Meisterchaft, Sharkwerks, Fabspeed etc. Would like to hear some if you live in the Allentown,PA area. Paul

Old 01-20-2011, 02:35 PM
PHOENIX RISING is infamous around these parts
I have the Tubi (with TechArt dual tips). It is lighter than OEM, and has a very civilized growl. Quality is exceptional (like a piece of jewelry).

I LOVE IT. Having said that, it sounds like you want more sound. The Tubi is pretty reserved but more than OEM - and much lighter than PSE.

I empathize with wanting to hear them. I tried to do that and couldn't find one around VA. Sorry I can't let ya hear mine.

Good luck and hope you end with what you wanted. I feel like I got lucky on my first shot.

Old 01-20-2011, 02:39 PM
akbjr is infamous around these partsakbjr is infamous around these parts
Fvd

Check out FVD. Best sound.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:04 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Good idea to listen in person before making a decision. If was ever to change my entire exhaust, I would go either Cargraphic or Tubi. There are some Youtube videos for most combinations, but in person is better.

Old 01-20-2011, 06:40 PM
mathfuzzy is infamous around these parts
I didn't touch my cats, but changed everything else to AWE and am extremely happy. I installed the AWE mufflers, cross pipes and black chrome tips. As noted, listening is a great idea. I think they're not terribly far away from you - outside of Philadelphia.

To avoid potential future warranty problems, I had the dealer who sold me the car install the parts and I was like a celebrity with the techs when I picked up the car. They (the dealer) install plenty of Tubi, but this was their first AWE and everyone liked the sound. It's a nice improvement at idle and partial throttle, with a great sound at WOT. Plus it doesn't drone at cruising speeds. Anyway, I couldn't be happier.

Best of luck.

Old 01-21-2011, 11:16 AM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
cool.. didn't even realize Meisterschaft made exhaust for Porsche.. Doh !

i knew they made awesome exhausts for BMWs.. love to hear it when u get it !!

i have cargraphics and i am extremely happy.

its a good throaty sound til 4k rpm.. then it really opens up nice to 7k.

Old 01-21-2011, 11:19 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Here's a couple of choices... subtle/docile and PSE-like:

Ze Shark pipe:
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=193

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ImQUkO68xs

And louder and more aggressive add the tubi exhaust:
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=107

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnfS9ZzIFxw

Old 01-21-2011, 11:29 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pfpollice
I known lots of opinions. Just installed a Meisterschaft Race on my X5 BMW. Earth shatteingly great. My wife and daughters love it. Considering same on my 997S cabriolet. I have a Fabspeed cup intake and am considering Fabspeed x-pipe/sport cats and Fabspeed exhaust. Anyone with with this combo or a Meisterchaft race on a 997. So the choices are Tubi, Meisterchaft, Sharkwerks, Fabspeed etc. Would like to hear some if you live in the Allentown,PA area. Paul
tubi mufflers are loudest. in my opinion most of those aftermarket mufflers were designed for stock cats...
fabspeed had 2 veersions of mufflers - maxflo (loud) and some less loud ones. i would vote eihter for fabspeed x-pipe with those 'quiet' maxflos OR for entire AWE solution - 200cell cats and mufflers.

muffler bypasses and tubi together with 200cell cats will not be civilized, IMHO, but it`s for you to decide on. FVD is also good, but, IMHO decide yourself how much you want to pay for all that stuff as in the end it all sounds kinda the same when it will go into background noise in 4-5months after install.

Last edited by utkinpol; 01-21-2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:17 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
I have Fabspeed mufflers and x-pipe as well as their intake. Also some aftermarket headers. Love it all. Reasonable at idle, but pulling hard at higher rpm's (with the top down) is just amazing. Thrilling in fact. No cel's, no issues. Just great.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:24 PM
pfpollice is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
cool.. didn't even realize Meisterschaft made exhaust for Porsche.. Doh !

i knew they made awesome exhausts for BMWs.. love to hear it when u get it !!

i have cargraphics and i am extremely happy.

its a good throaty sound til 4k rpm.. then it really opens up nice to 7k.
Just got it installed. Once I figure out this link I will get u a video. If you google BMW E70 Meisterschaft exhaust you will see a great video of the set up. Paul

Old 01-21-2011, 09:08 PM
cbzzoom is infamous around these parts
The best Porsche exhaust is the gundo hack. $200 for great sound!

Old 01-22-2011, 12:28 AM
911 Molar is infamous around these parts
I am waiting on delivery of a fabspeed X pipe and CF Y pipe air intake.
I have PSE.
I'll post video when installed

Old 01-22-2011, 04:24 AM
fracman5 is infamous around these parts
I installed the Cargraphic super sound mufflers and love them. Mild up to 1/2 throttle (although more aggressive than stock), really open up when the throttle position is increased. I would say about 20-25% more oomph than the stock sport exhaust in the sound department, which has been the perfect blend of aggressiveness and dd comfort for me. Very true to the flat 6 exhaust note. No drone whatsoever.

Old 01-22-2011, 06:22 AM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
Heres my recommendation:
based on reading here and elsewhere, it seems that for our cars, the most power (or the only power) to be gained via exhaust mods is by swapping out the Cats. given that, it makes sense to do this first. I'll do more research when I'm ready to buy, but I think I'll go with AWE. This should change the exhaust note, and it may be all that you need to do. After that, if you want more sound, you could do Gundo hack or x51 headers or both. I'd recommend doing one at a time.
Personally, I did the Gundo hack via D Fister and I'm very pleased. I'll do cats next and maybe x51 after, if I can tolerate more sound.
I used to have a loud B&B muffler on my previous 911 and it got to be annoying after a while.

Old 01-22-2011, 07:31 AM
Sharkys is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jack667
Heres my recommendation:
based on reading here and elsewhere, it seems that for our cars, the most power (or the only power) to be gained via exhaust mods is by swapping out the Cats. given that, it makes sense to do this first. I'll do more research when I'm ready to buy, but I think I'll go with AWE. This should change the exhaust note, and it may be all that you need to do. After that, if you want more sound, you could do Gundo hack or x51 headers or both. I'd recommend doing one at a time.
Personally, I did the Gundo hack via D Fister and I'm very pleased. I'll do cats next and maybe x51 after, if I can tolerate more sound.
I used to have a loud B&B muffler on my previous 911 and it got to be annoying after a while.
I installed a D Fister Gund hack a few weeks ago and I'm am very pleased. No droning and nice sound when WOT and over 3100 RPMS. I wasn't looking for too loud. But I could always go to sport cats in the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8mY1Zkyv2Y

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 S exhausts