997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Feet first or butt first ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 11:04 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
it depends on how short her skirt is
It does amaze me that a beautiful ,elegant ,sohisticated and in most areas very neat woman can get into a car on a first date (in some cases) like a cavewoman . It's a first impression and in some way it may even be thought of a minor difference in style .

OK .. maybe one might brush it off . After all .. it's just a little dirt on floor . Besides lots of others climb in and out of the car as passengers who do the same thing .At least she has other appealing features making it easier to overlook .

... still gotta vacuum the mat though.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:14 PM
Sharkys is infamous around these parts
I find that a left hand on the door sill getting in and getting out helps a bit. Someone ought to make a mod for a hand pad.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:36 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Personally, I don't care about the dirt and other mess, it will come clean, and it is just a car. Don't get me wrong, I love my car, but getting dirty, is not going to get me upset. Also I run the 996 Euro GT3 seats, so good luck sliding *** first in it.

Old 01-25-2011, 04:17 AM
jplanaux is a jewel in the roughjplanaux is a jewel in the roughjplanaux is a jewel in the roughjplanaux is a jewel in the rough
Are you guys crazy?

No one gets in my car unless they are wearing this:
disposable PP coverall with hood and boots

Oh - and they must have bathed within twelve hours ...

Attached Images  
Old 01-25-2011, 06:49 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
C'mon you guys. If only you had shelled out some extra $$$ you could have got a limited "donut" edition of the 997.2 and saved your seats from all the wear and tear.

http://www.donutcushion.net/

Mine even comes painted to color match the exterior at no extra cost; A $280.00 savings. Last I checked ... it is only available on the 4-wheel drive models...wonder why

Old 01-25-2011, 06:50 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry, just had to say that to voice my frustration with all the limited editions being produced at an alarmingly high rate especially those without any performance upgrades.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:05 AM
mshanler has a spectacular aura aboutmshanler has a spectacular aura aboutmshanler has a spectacular aura about
Running start, feet first, and the key in left hand...

Old 01-25-2011, 09:33 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mshanler
Running start, feet first, and the key in left hand...
And right hand on the gear shifter.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:04 AM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by JTaylorGT
Doesn't the 'butt-first' swivel wear the seat bolsters out faster? I get in with one foot, then butt, then other foot. Man, this has got to be the weirdest post I've ever made!
I do this too. I guess I'm not as **** as I thought!

Old 01-25-2011, 12:21 PM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
Old ( me ) and fat people get in butt first, which is what I do unless my kids are watching - then I have to go the 'athletic' route. Thanks for the excuse; from now on I'll try to remember to click mt feet a couple of times to avoid the slurs.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:23 PM
rye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by sizquik
When a passenger shuts the door by the window it makes me nuts. DOOR HANDLES PLEASE!!!
So interesting... I've actually gotten in the habit of closing my door using one or two fingers on the window just above the top of the door. Doesn't flex the window, and doesn't scratch any paint, and doesn't take forever. I hate when people grab door handles or the edge of the door and leave tiny scratches...

Old 01-25-2011, 12:49 PM
JTaylorGT has a spectacular aura aboutJTaylorGT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by stevepow
And I'm going to vacuum anyway, so... If I worried too much about that sort of thing, other people might peg me into that **** ***** Porsche owner stereotype - that's a mess much harder to clean up and I don't want to be "that guy". And I sort of am, but try like hell to play it down.

I got the car to enjoy, and freaking out about every little thing is not enjoyment - it's worry. Life's too short for that. It's a car - gotta maintain a healthy perspective as much as possible - even with this car.
Well said - couldn't agree more! I find my self agonizing over crowded parking lots and valet-only restaurants to the point it's not fun anymore. I'll do my best to protect her, but sometimes you just gotta quit worrying about it and live a little!

Old 01-25-2011, 12:52 PM
JTaylorGT has a spectacular aura aboutJTaylorGT has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by rye595
So interesting... I've actually gotten in the habit of closing my door using one or two fingers on the window just above the top of the door. Doesn't flex the window, and doesn't scratch any paint, and doesn't take forever. I hate when people grab door handles or the edge of the door and leave tiny scratches...
I push the driver door closed with one finger on the keyhole - no fingerprints on paint or glass and it's easy! Can't exactly do the same with passenger door.

And my problem with people closing doors with the window is not really fingerprints, but misaligning the window with the motor rails - can be a costly repair for power windows!

Old 01-25-2011, 12:53 PM
tourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud of
call me crazy but I am more worried about my leather

than the dirt. I try to get in butt first, but I've almost stopped worrying about this. I have a 2 and half yr old son that rides with me everyday and he drops snacks all over my car, so I just get it detailed once a week and enjoy the drive. When the little stuff starts to get to me I enjoy the car less

Old 01-25-2011, 01:24 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by JTaylorGT
Doesn't the 'butt-first' swivel wear the seat bolsters out faster? I get in with one foot, then butt, then other foot. Man, this has got to be the weirdest post I've ever made!

+1 on that.

And +1 on closing the doors by the window. I hate when people do that!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Feet first or butt first ?