997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Feet first or butt first ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 03:49 PM
p's pcar is infamous around these partsp's pcar is infamous around these parts
Feet first- through the always open window Dukes of Hazzard style.

Old 01-25-2011, 04:37 PM
ksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to all
Is this thread for real??!! It seems to me that a lot of people on here rarely use their car in the first place so worrying about a bit of dirt on the mats or wearing out the bolsters is laughable.
There are a lot worse things going on in this world and its a bit sad if this is all you can obsess about.
Cars are for driving, enjoy, it is only a Porsche after all!!!!!

Old 01-25-2011, 05:19 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ksbenz
Is this thread for real??!! It seems to me that a lot of people on here rarely use their car in the first place so worrying about a bit of dirt on the mats or wearing out the bolsters is laughable.
There are a lot worse things going on in this world and its a bit sad if this is all you can obsess about.
Cars are for driving, enjoy, it is only a Porsche after all!!!!!
Thanks for the reality check, I am right there with you!

Old 01-25-2011, 05:39 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
I get into the Porsche, or anything else that close to the ground, the same way. Sedans or SUV's I get in but first and frankly I have never given it any thought before now. If my feet where muddy of dirty I'd take my shoes off. I always knock the snow off before I get into any car. As for the car itself, the carpet was designed to take all kinds of abuse. With mats on top I'm not sure what damage one can do to them just by getting into the car. And for a few bucks you can replace the mats. What's the big deal ? As for the 2 finger door closure thing, finger prints were designed to give you a perfect excuse to wash and wax your car again.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:36 PM
og risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud of
Feet first....I got Weathertech Floorliners!

Old 01-25-2011, 08:39 PM
goncookoo is infamous around these parts
Feet first....I got Weathertech Floorliners!
+1 for weathertech!

Have them in all my cars.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:39 PM
caly is infamous around these parts
feet first accept winter got to get those snow off my shoes for the lexus suv hehehehe

Old 01-25-2011, 09:52 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tejoe
Old ( me ) and fat people get in butt first, which is what I do unless my kids are watching - then I have to go the 'athletic' route. Thanks for the excuse; from now on I'll try to remember to click mt feet a couple of times to avoid the slurs.
I am old (but not fat) but it is actually easier and much faster to climb in feet first . That's why so many people opt to take that route . It takes more time to get in butt first and click the shoes and look for any ground debris on them but not nearly as much time as it takes to vacuum the car .

Old 01-27-2011, 07:54 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
I can't believe I've actually had to check to see how I get into my car. I go in with right foot and butt simultaneously. I'm not worried about stuff getting into the car as I mostly drive it in good weather.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:51 AM
ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !
Clean feet, feet first....dirty feet, rear first. Annal or not you gotta love how much we love and care for these cars. Door closing, you can also just use a finger on the black rubber strip just below the window for finger print free closing....Now on to the front hood and engine compartment........

Old 01-27-2011, 10:19 AM
rye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the roughrye595 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ConcreteRon
Clean feet, feet first....dirty feet, rear first. Annal or not you gotta love how much we love and care for these cars. Door closing, you can also just use a finger on the black rubber strip just below the window for finger print free closing....Now on to the front hood and engine compartment........
Perfect... you raise a good point. How do you shut the engine compartment? Hood is easy - hand flat, press the heal of your palm in to the Porsche crest and push to latch.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:20 AM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
I'm mostly just glad if I don't bump my head or scuff the door sills - anything else is bonus points.

Old 01-29-2011, 08:57 AM
aircooled0801 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PSTT03
I don't think it's that crazy...not as cool as talking about a new mod but always good to read "you're" not the only one. Anyone I would have in my vehicle likely knows me well enough to understand how I am with my things, including my ride.

I get in right foot first, holding on to the steering wheel I'll then slide in trying not to apply excessive pressure on the seat than pick up my foot and bring it in. (I'm 6'/ 190 & athletic) Yes, different to be talking about this but I'm disappointed that my meticulously cared for vehicle inevitably shows more wear on the driver's seat back area where the stitching is.

Anybody else find this happens to their driver's seat also?

'07 w/15k miles
Coming from a (not so small) male with Sport Buckets, this too can be a challenge at times. No complaints however!

Funny, but interesting post.

Attached Images  
Old 01-29-2011, 09:26 PM
Blackout713 is infamous around these parts
yes you appreciate your car as people should, but then again, in many people's minds it is just a car. i wish people were also more considerate when entering cars with crap on their feet, but what can you do..

Old 01-29-2011, 09:49 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan
Thanks for the reality check, I am right there with you!
Agreed. This is silly, but not surprising.
Before you contort yourself into odd positions out of fear of damaging your leather seats, consider this: leather is the hide off of a cow. It's durable. It can be wet sanded, treated, and dyed to perfection to a degree capable of passing muster from Pebble Beach Concours judges.

Witness these pics from my own garage, using Leatherique: treat with rejuvenator oil, then clean with pristine clean, then wet sand with 600 and prepping agent, then re-dye, then buff to natural. As stock.

Knowing this, I neither cringe (nor decide to take a different car) when I see my wife wearing her True Religion jeans with those rhinestone back pockets.
CATTMAN

Attached Images   

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Feet first or butt first ?