997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Feet first or butt first ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 06:09 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Feet first or butt first ?

Does it bother anyone here when someone gets into the car feet first tracking in all the dirt from the ground ? What is so hard about getting into the car butt first , kicking the dirt off the feet carefully outside the car, and then pulling the feet inside ? In fact whenever i climb into someone elses car I carefully look at the seat just to be sure if there aren't sunglasses or a cell phone before i sit down . Plus I don't just throw myself into the car . I try to preserve the leather or cloth interior by trying to be a little graceful .

I find that about 85 percent of the people I have ever seen don't know how to do this .. or simply don't care (even with their own cars) .

So ... how about you ?

Old 01-24-2011, 06:23 PM
robsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond repute
I think you are just being considerate... which is a rare thing these days.
I've got a friend that always takes his shoes off when comes into my house or my car.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:33 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Does it bother anyone here when someone gets into the car feet first tracking in all the dirt from the ground ? What is so hard about getting into the car butt first , kicking the dirt off the feet carefully outside the car, and then pulling the feet inside ? In fact whenever i climb into someone elses car I carefully look at the seat just to be sure if there aren't sunglasses or a cell phone before i sit down . Plus I don't just throw myself into the car . I try to preserve the leather or cloth interior by trying to be a little graceful .

I find that about 85 percent of the people I have ever seen don't know how to do this .. or simply don't care (even with their own cars) .

So ... how about you ?
Larry: you talk and act as an owner who appreciates and respects what you own. The others may not care. But I have no problem about telling them how to behave.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:39 PM
JTaylorGT has a spectacular aura aboutJTaylorGT has a spectacular aura about
Doesn't the 'butt-first' swivel wear the seat bolsters out faster? I get in with one foot, then butt, then other foot. Man, this has got to be the weirdest post I've ever made!

Old 01-24-2011, 06:51 PM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
When a passenger shuts the door by the window it makes me nuts. DOOR HANDLES PLEASE!!!

Old 01-24-2011, 07:18 PM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JTaylorGT
Doesn't the 'butt-first' swivel wear the seat bolsters out faster? I get in with one foot, then butt, then other foot. Man, this has got to be the weirdest post I've ever made!
+1 on procedure. Unless you've just crossed a construction site or a farmer's field there shouldn't be that much debris on the bottom of your shoes. I keep a small e-cheapo black bath rug on top of my mats to catch anything I do happen to drag into the car. They also absorb the wear and tear from the shoe's heels. Easy to shake out and put back in place.

+10 on the weirdest post part!!

Old 01-24-2011, 08:12 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
I don't think it's that crazy...not as cool as talking about a new mod but always good to read "you're" not the only one. Anyone I would have in my vehicle likely knows me well enough to understand how I am with my things, including my ride.

I get in right foot first, holding on to the steering wheel I'll then slide in trying not to apply excessive pressure on the seat than pick up my foot and bring it in. (I'm 6'/ 190 & athletic) Yes, different to be talking about this but I'm disappointed that my meticulously cared for vehicle inevitably shows more wear on the driver's seat back area where the stitching is.

Anybody else find this happens to their driver's seat also?

'07 w/15k miles

Old 01-24-2011, 08:14 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sizquik
When a passenger shuts the door by the window it makes me nuts. DOOR HANDLES PLEASE!!!
LOL I'm completely the same way. Nothing irks me more than seeing fingerprints on the top of the passenger window.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:35 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
I get in butt 1st....one to click my feet together so I drag in the least amount of dirt possible.....and second I am so tall and with my prosthetic leg I kinda don't have any other choice.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:09 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
I really don't mind, if it gets dirty I'll vacuum the carpets. I don't allow people to eat though.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:38 PM
BoxsterG is infamous around these parts
I have to get in butt first nowadays. I have RA (Arthritis in my knees) and I dont have the flexibility I once had. It is the only way I can manage to get in comfortably.
I have also always done this as a way to reduce the amount of dirt I bring into my car. It takes a lot of work sometimes for me to bend down and clean the car so i attempt to reduce it as much as possible.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:41 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
it depends on how short her skirt is

Old 01-24-2011, 10:22 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JTaylorGT
Keep in mind that a foot first entry places only one leg and hip on the seat before the other follows. It still requires an adjustment
The weight of the entry places wear on the mat along with the dirt .
In this case the total wear on the car = seat adustment + dirt on floor + mat wear .

In the swivel example I view it much like the pressure applied with reaching in ones pocket to pay a toll or even leather cleansing and buffing. It also subtracts any carpet wear or dirt and cuts the vacuum frequency needed immensely. This method also reduces the risk of overlooking bubble gum , dog poop , or any other item on the shoes.

Lastly (sidenote) -- if one has a sport bucket seat he is wedged in almost immediately no matter which method he chooses .

Old 01-24-2011, 10:52 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
it depends on how short her skirt is

What he said. I'm thinking nice butt, nice feet, nice legs hooking 'em all together - don't really care which order they go in...

And I'm going to vacuum anyway, so... If I worried too much about that sort of thing, other people might peg me into that **** ***** Porsche owner stereotype - that's a mess much harder to clean up and I don't want to be "that guy". And I sort of am, but try like hell to play it down.

I got the car to enjoy, and freaking out about every little thing is not enjoyment - it's worry. Life's too short for that. It's a car - gotta maintain a healthy perspective as much as possible - even with this car.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:53 PM
JT997 is infamous around these parts
Right leg in, right leg out. . . I do the hockey pokey and I turn it all about!

Seriously, though, I go right leg first, butt, then left leg. I kinda have to get in however I can. I am 6'6", so I have developed a bit of an art to getting my legs around the steering wheel. I try to kick of as much debri from my feet as possible before entering. Especially my left foot if it is wet outside so I minimize slipping on the clutch pedal.
I also find myself being careful getting out so that I am not putting undo pressure on the seat bolsters as I slide out.
Gotta say, when I joined this forum, I never thought I would be typing "butt." lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Feet first or butt first ?