997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Laser ally™ lidar speed guns

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 05:41 PM
na011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nice
Unhappy Laser ally™ lidar speed guns

This is not good news & more lasers are showing up:

http://www.digitalallyinc.com/speed-guns.html

Old 01-25-2011, 05:51 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
And so goes the cycle.
In a few months, you can count on there being new jammers that outsmart this unit. Round and round it goes.
CATTMAN

Old 01-26-2011, 11:31 AM
cbzzoom is infamous around these parts
Insurance companies profit, police departments profit, laser gun makers profit, jammer makers profit ... everyone else pays.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:07 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Seems like most of these are used on city street areas and not on highways - at least that seems to be the case in GA. Occasionally I see them in town on the freeway, but not often.

Old 01-26-2011, 01:40 PM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
Reading the specs, it wont read above 200 mph. Great excuse to upgrade/mod your ride.

Jokes aside, it's scary that it can read 6000 ft away.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:13 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
My understanding of LIDAR is while it is extremely accurate the accuracy requires that the laser beam be fixed on the same point of the target to get the reading. Some States have eliminated their use because it was argued it's impossible for a trooper to hold the beam fixed on a moving target especially in traffic and therefore it is at best an estimate of speed. Unfortunately, I know first hand that in California they don't care and LIDAR wins.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:03 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Does this mean my M27 Blinders are obsolete? Popo only uses lidar out here. I don't care about city streets, just highway.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:25 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cattman
And so goes the cycle.
In a few months, you can count on there being new jammers that outsmart this unit. Round and round it goes.
CATTMAN
imho if cop shoots you right in the head with laser and sees you doing way over speed limit and his laser jams (and new lasers even have an indicator to show that there were 'jammed'),so, imho, it is just asking for a very bad troubles when cop catches you and sniffs all around your front bumper and finds those forbidden jammers and gets you in court over this.

i would rather pay a ticket if my V1 will fail me badly but usually it senses those 'laser' shots from far enough to make me aware. plus, imho, your own eyes are way better protection than any jammers.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:29 PM
EJ-997 is infamous around these parts
no worries. With all their budget problems they can't afford these new lasers.

Old 01-27-2011, 05:36 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
I've read a good deal about this whole issue and the bottom line appears to be that you're pretty much had if you get hit by a laser while speeding no matter how new or old the laser gun is. If the HP is aiming at you when your detector goes off, even with an older laser gun, you'll get a ticket. My guess is they don't need the newest model to generate all the ticket revenue they have the manpower for.
I prefer to watch what the semi drivers are doing and if they've got the hammer down I figure I'm safe to follow suit. If they're doing the speed limit I do the same. These guys drive for a living and I figure they know what's up when it comes to what the boys in blue, or brown, are up to at all times.

Old 01-27-2011, 05:56 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
I think some people still don't understand.
Laser detection is worthless. By the time you've detected it, the cop already knows your speed. V1 is only laser detection, so it's not worth much against laser. Against radar, V1 will give you enough warning, so it's useful against radar.

Laser jammer, on the other hand, prevents the cop from getting a reading of your speed, and that is useful, and legal. If I am speeding a bit over the posted limit, and get hit with laser, my jammer lights up and beeps at me, so I reduce my speed quickly, and hit the kill switch to shut my jammers off, which allows the cop to get his first reading of me, now going the speed limit.
CATTMAN

Old 01-28-2011, 12:11 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cattman
I think some people still don't understand.
Laser detection is worthless. By the time you've detected it, the cop already knows your speed. V1 is only laser detection, so it's not worth much against laser. Against radar, V1 will give you enough warning, so it's useful against radar.

Laser jammer, on the other hand, prevents the cop from getting a reading of your speed, and that is useful, and legal. If I am speeding a bit over the posted limit, and get hit with laser, my jammer lights up and beeps at me, so I reduce my speed quickly, and hit the kill switch to shut my jammers off, which allows the cop to get his first reading of me, now going the speed limit.
CATTMAN
Cattman, how many times has your jammer triggered? I guess I don't speed enough because mine has never gone off on the highway although I've never passed a cop with Lidar in my C2S while speeding at more than 5-10 mph over the speed limit. I was instructed that I had 3 full seconds to hit the kill switch (in the rear center console beneath the parking brake), and get under the speed limit before the cop could recalibrate and fire off another shot. I have the Blinder as mentioned above, is it OK to keep using it for now, was installed in 2008.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:53 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
ugh! I just got a ticket last weekend by laser and have been doing research on jammers all week..lol.

That just makes the decision harder, assuming FL state troopers will get these new guns eventually.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:38 PM
na011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nice
Tom@Champion,

Tom there is a FHP trooper(s) that sits on the west side of the Howard Franklin Bridge (I-275) as you are east bound from St. Petersburg to Tampa. They have been using radar @ that spot for 40+ years therefore I always slow down. Two months ago my V-1 went crazy with the laser sound & I could not find him anywhere. A 1/2 mile plus later there he was with his laser. He got the Miata that had passed me 5 seconds earlier as I went back under the speed limit.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by surfah
Cattman, how many times has your jammer triggered? I guess I don't speed enough because mine has never gone off on the highway although I've never passed a cop with Lidar in my C2S while speeding at more than 5-10 mph over the speed limit. I was instructed that I had 3 full seconds to hit the kill switch (in the rear center console beneath the parking brake), and get under the speed limit before the cop could recalibrate and fire off another shot. I have the Blinder as mentioned above, is it OK to keep using it for now, was installed in 2008.
My laser blinders alert me everytime I pass a cop with laser pointed near me. In Atlanta, that seems to be at least once per week on GA-400. I can tell you that this setup has saved my bacon from a nasty ticket on several ocassions.

In ATL, there is no use for radar detection, as the only thing cops use here are laser guns.

Keep in mind: laser blinders are an ACTIVE system, they are always on, always making your car unreadable by laser, in most conditions. Rader detectors, on the other hand, are passive, all they do is let you know there's radar in the area, they don't protect you from it.

In each case, you'll have to slow down. These devices ought not be considered a license to exceed any legally posted limits.

Am I making clear the difference? If not, let me know, happy to explain in greater detail.
CATTMAN

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Laser ally™ lidar speed guns