997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New steering wheel design courtesy of Fedex

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 08:10 AM
DaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond repute
In the defense of the vendor, the wheel did not snap in any places at all. You can see how much force was involved, the Porsche center which is unmodified from the stock wheel was sheared in half and bent into a completely new shape.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:41 PM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
Sorry to hear that....... I had a horrible experience with FedX to the point I will never use again. Fellow on this forum picked up a spare set of SportTecho's w/tires never mounted......new new condition. Double/tripple wrapped, cardboard on both faces, then re-wrapped...... looks like they used a pitchfork on the front of one of them, then a packing staple through another on the rubber.......so damage to two.

Point here is ...... I had each insured for more than to cover, BUT, even though a replacment from Porsche was $XXX dollars, and they were insured for that much, unless you have a "NEW" receipt that you purchased "NEW", you can only be reimbursed for what YOU paid for them. So lets say I paid $2K for the four which makes $500 each........... not even close to what a replacment would be. After two months of daily emails and calls.......about 80 emails....... I think I was able to get $1000 max.

Oh...... and because they were shipped ground (duh).. the coverage was also totally different. (I still remember the one area manager said "she would make it right".......being my 1st time using them for this....... that turned into a big zero). You know the same help you get when you dial a 1-800 number and reach someone offshore and nothing at the end................well bend over and be prepared!

Old 01-29-2011, 02:21 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
More validation to not accepting any shipment with visible damage to the box - I learned the hard way too. I have all high value goods held at the depot for my pickup.

Old 01-30-2011, 02:13 PM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
It's too bad that FedEx has degenerated to such a degree. They used to be my go-to shipper. I've never EVER had problems with them regarding damage- but have heard so much negativity I started using DHL. (I'm a musician and ship gear back and forth) Now, my local DHL is gone...

Old 01-30-2011, 06:18 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
I deal with FedX and UPS a lot with shipping musical instruments. After seeing the shipping box I bet they deny the claim.

The company you bought this wheel from should send out an advanced replacment and a Call Tag to pick up your broken wheel and this company should deal with the claims process...they have more clout in dealing with there FedX rep and getting paid on a claim than you ever will.

this is how my company handles things like this for our customers.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:18 PM
DaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond repute
Update for those interested.

DCT-MS have a new wheel being made for me which is great, just unfortunate I have to wait so long for my new toy!

However, as expected FedEx denied the claim which is being dealt with by the vendor. What's laughable though is the reason; they're saying there was no damage to the box and that the damage must have occurred after the delivery! Clearly I don't know my own strength!!

Old 02-08-2011, 04:37 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats with resolution of your problem. A$$holes from Robson design denied any responsibility on my broken wheel. Shame on them.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:00 AM
tourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud of
I always knew you had super human strength

Originally Posted by DaveHutchinson
Update for those interested.

DCT-MS have a new wheel being made for me which is great, just unfortunate I have to wait so long for my new toy!

However, as expected FedEx denied the claim which is being dealt with by the vendor. What's laughable though is the reason; they're saying there was no damage to the box and that the damage must have occurred after the delivery! Clearly I don't know my own strength!!
I'm glad we hang together, next time I **** someone off I'll let you handle the situation

Old 02-09-2011, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by tourbillon001
I'm glad we hang together, next time I **** someone off I'll let you handle the situation
I know huh, maybe I should move into a career in boxing or something