997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

No love from college girls

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 01:19 PM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by robsled
I was GM at a store called Beverly Hills Motoring Accessories back in the 80s- early 90s. We were on Robertson Bl. not too far from Rodeo Drive.
One day a man came in the store wearing a tank top, cut-off jeans and flip flops. None of the "sales people" approached him because of the way he was dressed. I came out from the office and asked him if there was anything I could help him with. He asked how much the small Ferrari bodied go-kart was....I replied $14,900. He then asked how much the Jaguar bodied go-kart was....I replied $12,000. He handed me an AMEX card and said "I'll take both".
He was the owner of Geruda Airlines and bought them for his kids. We delivered them to his house, three houses down from the Playboy mansion.

Moral to the story....Don't judge a book....you know.
I used to absolutely DROOL over the BHMA catalog!! I remember BEGGING my dad at the age of 14 to upgrade his 230 CE with euro headlights + AMG package.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:12 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by EricP
Heck the guys at Guitar Center wont even ask if they can help me
Those idiots there won't ask anyone if they need help - I'd rather go to the Post Office than Guitar Center - and fortunately the WEB and UPS makes it mostly where I don't have to do either anymore.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
It's funny because I wear all my stuff, t-shirt or hat and I could give two ****s. I busted my *** working and earned what I got so I am not going to be ashamed if someone cannot strive to their goals. If they think I'm an ahole for wearing it oh well because I'll be the ahole driving by them with my test pipes and turbos spooling in their faces. I love Porsche I have a wedding to go to, do they make Porsche suits LOL

ps. nothing like getting laid of because you have a better Porsche then the owner of the company

Old 02-04-2011, 02:42 PM
Comet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to all
haha! do you guys ever get the "man, you have a nice car, picking up girls should be easy!" comment from guys?
I always wonder.. if these people had nice cars, would they drive it through the club's wall or somehting?
how does someone inside a club know what you drive? true ******baggery would be to go around telling everyone, and I know girls are totally turned off by that...

Old 02-04-2011, 04:33 PM
robsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sizquik
I used to absolutely DROOL over the BHMA catalog!! I remember BEGGING my dad at the age of 14 to upgrade his 230 CE with euro headlights + AMG package.
When you were 14........I'm suddenly feeling old!
Yeah, I was literally the kid in the candy store working at BHMA. Our parking lot was a constant car show. Our customer base was movie stars, tv actors, pro athletes and rock stars, and they came into the store everyday. We put out a catalog every 3 months, and I got to drive just about every car that was on the covers, my favorite was the AMG Hammer. Our best year was 87 when we averaged $1.7 million a month in sales. It was crazy good.

Treat a celebrity like a regular person and a regular person like a celebrity.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:42 PM
BigL is infamous around these parts
I'm A hole with or without the hat. Too bad I wasn't there talking to the college chick

Old 02-05-2011, 12:52 AM
VMM
VMM is infamous around these parts
To the OP. Eyepopping watches. Stunning. Love the AP. My taste is far more pedestrian (Rollie, PAM) but I intend to get myself a Tourbillon one of these days. Most people have no idea what your watches are and if they see someone wearing a Rolex or PAM they'll just assume it's a fake. Maybe it's a defense mechanism or a from of denial which makes them feel better about themselves. Whatever... whether it's a car, watch, hat, pen, you name it. There are going to be some snarky comments. You earned... wear it with pride and enjoy it. That's what life's all about.

I don't remember what show I was watching. Some newsmagazine maybe with John Stossel a decade or so ago. It was about personal responsibility and had vignettes about people complaining about sick building syndrome, teenagers who didn't like the idea of going to college before earning a big paycheck, etc. The funniest might have been some vitriolic responses from some very angry looking guy about how he much he hated anyone who drove a nice car. He thought it was excessive, flashy, and that the only reason people did that was too make themselves feel better. The hatred in this guys eyes were something. I have gotten looks like that when I'm in the Pcar. Oh well, I'm sure everyone of us has experienced a little luck, but have gotten where we are with a lot of hard work. Most of the haters wouldn't turn down a Porsche/Ferrari/Lambo if someone gave them one.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:33 AM
wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !
my respose would have been.

"Ya know it's true, I am an A- Hole"

Old 02-05-2011, 09:04 AM
willybeen is infamous around these parts

Old 02-05-2011, 06:57 PM
taynut has a spectacular aura abouttaynut has a spectacular aura about
It's funny how I used to wear a "Porsche is a 2 syllable word" back when I didn't have one at all. Now I am on my 3rd Porsche and have never thought about wearing any logo-ed gear. The only gear I wear now with logo's is for my business, which got me the money to buy all my toys.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:47 PM
carrera mike is a jewel in the roughcarrera mike is a jewel in the roughcarrera mike is a jewel in the roughcarrera mike is a jewel in the rough
Tourbillon,

I wear my Porsche collared shirts and Jackets every chance i get. Dont pay attention to them.. they're just envious. Im sure you're inspiring other teens to have a porsche someday..

Old 02-07-2011, 07:13 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
waw, 10 pages. p-car owners definitely have issues with college girls, that`s a fact.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:30 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
wearing Logo gear...

Interesting experience shared by OP... IMO wearing a high end brand auto logo (from lambo to Ferrari to P cars) is taken by many like your wearing your most recent bank statement on your hat/shirt etc... (assuming you have some a sizable account of course) Doesn't matter if you worked your *** off from age of 12 till now to earn what you have, people don't want to know you have more then they do... from cars to boats from houses to $.... part of life and agree it can be frustrating. Not saying it is right just making a point... the jealous have a funny way of thinking...

Last edited by mickfluff; 02-07-2011 at 08:44 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:01 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
I got a Porsche hoodie that my wife made me and I love it. Anyone thinks anything about it, good or bad, can kiss my ***. And I'm an ******* with or without the hoodie or the car...I know that and I'm ok with that.

J

Old 02-10-2011, 06:57 PM
tourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud of
Good thing I was not wearing my lambo

Originally Posted by mickfluff
Interesting experience shared by OP... IMO wearing a high end brand auto logo (from lambo to Ferrari to P cars) is taken by many like your wearing your most recent bank statement on your hat/shirt etc... (assuming you have some a sizable account of course) Doesn't matter if you worked your *** off from age of 12 till now to earn what you have, people don't want to know you have more then they do... from cars to boats from houses to $.... part of life and agree it can be frustrating. Not saying it is right just making a point... the jealous have a funny way of thinking...
Which was the dumbest purchase I've ever made. I was at a lambo event and decided to purchase a polo. There were no prices on any of the shirts so I grabbed one and took it to the register. I figured it would be 50 or 60 bucks, but I was very surprised when the girl said that will be 165 please. I said but I only want one of them. She said that's for one including your discount for being an existing customer. I should have put the shirt back but I had already given her my card.

I only wear that one to car events LOL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: No love from college girls