997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

No love from college girls

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 09:26 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tourbillon001
Here is the story.

I had to go to USF to pick up a book for my girlfriend who is in her masters program. I bought the book and decided to grab a coffee and do some people watching. I was wearing a white Porsche hat that my son got me for christmas when a girl drinking coffee next to me askes me if I have a Porsche. I politefully said yes. She than proceeded to tell me everyone she knows that drives a Porsche is an A hole and I should not advertise that I'm a Porsche owner. I asked her what she drove and she said a honda Civic. I than proceed to tell her how disappointed I was because every other person I have ever met that drove a civic was pretty cool but she was destroying their street cred. It really sucks because I've stopped wearing that hat and its made me a bit self conscious but I'll get over it

I never went to college but I would like to think most College girls were smarter than this one
by the way i do not even think it is about hat or p-car. it is just a typical assessment from most of trash folk, white, black, whatever - "all those rich folks are a$$holes". here on coasts it is not that bad, but, say, in MO as you move to rural parts and drive in anything shiny, like new exotic toyota camry - you get plenty of that. a person in p-car would not probably make it out of there alive. or some kentucky parts. i`ve seen some stuff...

and it is dangerous to underestimate level of despair and poverty actually, and in FL there are plenty of such areas as well. p-car for such people is just a quintessential top of a pyramid - an ultimate sin to be smart and prosperous in life. what is not unusual is for campuses to accept those stereotypes and proclaim them a normality. we see it every day and it becomes standard now - how sinful it is to be succesful. every time i read about that, how school sport team is forced to 'apologize' when they kick #ss of their unlucky competitors - it is just sad, sad, sad.

Last edited by utkinpol; 01-28-2011 at 09:29 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:01 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
or go next time like this guy? maybe she will understand you better

Attached Images
File Type: bmp
Redneck wheel of fortune.bmp (900.1 KB, 93 views)
Old 01-28-2011, 11:52 AM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
Disappointed in all of you... neg reps all around.

Why has no one has asked the OP if the college girl was hot!!?? Very important question.

Old 01-28-2011, 11:57 AM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Meh, screw what she says. Ignorant fool. I was chatting with my patient who mentioned he has a 996 after seeing my plethora of auto magazines in the waiting room. He ended up getting me a nice black Porsche visor, I have no problems wearing it and haven't received any negative criticism. Even if you bought the hat yourself, wear it if you want it. Life is too short to worry about petty envy from some dumb coed.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:11 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
the consensus among the girls i hang out with (late 20s, early 30s) is that there are two guys of guys who buy porsches: 1. those looking for a status symbol ("*ssholes") and 2. car lovers ("my place or yours - u pick").

i'm embarrassed to admit now that when i bought my first pcar, i was probably more of the first then the second. once i took a corner at speed for the first time though, i realized i would always drive a porsche no matter what anyone else thinks.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:13 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KonaKai
the consensus among the girls i hang out with (late 20s, early 30s) is that there are two guys of guys who buy porsches: 1. those looking for a status symbol ("*ssholes") and 2. car lovers ("my place or yours - u pick").

i'm embarrassed to admit now that when i bought my first pcar, i was probably more of the first then the second. once i took a corner at speed for the first time though, i realized i would always drive a porsche no matter what anyone else thinks.
Around here 911s are so common I really don't think girls our age (30s) or even in their 20s really care unless you're rocking an F-car.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:37 PM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of
its funny, but whenever I see someone wearing a "Mazda" logo'ed apparel, I always think it is cool. Usually, I ask them is they are involved in racing, and 99% say yes..either SCCA or NASA.
Somehow the mazda-branded stuff says "credible" and the more elite logos say "poser". I don't get it myself. My tires are always scuffed and chunked from events.
My wife says she does not like to admit that we have a porsche. So many people have something nasty to say. I guess that they have never driven a porsche so they just don't understand it.

I had a patient make a nasty comment the other day about the 911 in the lot probably belonging to me. She made a few comments about how it "must be nice" and that this is why healthcare is so expensive. (no mention that insurance companies set my fees!)
I find it odd that she drives a $55K Yukon, and has a set of matching "his" and "hers" Harley Davidsons @ $20K each. But since her husband is a union laborer, he deserves it, and i dont....

Old 01-28-2011, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by JohnM
its funny, but whenever I see someone wearing a "Mazda" logo'ed apparel, I always think it is cool. Usually, I ask them is they are involved in racing, and 99% say yes..either SCCA or NASA.
Somehow the mazda-branded stuff says "credible" and the more elite logos say "poser". I don't get it myself. My tires are always scuffed and chunked from events.
My wife says she does not like to admit that we have a porsche. So many people have something nasty to say. I guess that they have never driven a porsche so they just don't understand it.

I had a patient make a nasty comment the other day about the 911 in the lot probably belonging to me. She made a few comments about how it "must be nice" and that this is why healthcare is so expensive. (no mention that insurance companies set my fees!)
I find it odd that she drives a $55K Yukon, and has a set of matching "his" and "hers" Harley Davidsons @ $20K each. But since her husband is a union laborer, he deserves it, and i dont....
Wow what a *****. Compared to the LP560-4, Scuderia, 2 Turbos, and GT3RS my 911 stands out as much as a 5-series in our parking lot.

I had 2 patients compliment me on having Christophorus in the waiting room

Old 01-28-2011, 01:20 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by tourbillon001
Here is the story.

I had to go to USF to pick up a book for my girlfriend who is in her masters program. I bought the book and decided to grab a coffee and do some people watching. I was wearing a white Porsche hat that my son got me for christmas when a girl drinking coffee next to me askes me if I have a Porsche. I politefully said yes. She than proceeded to tell me everyone she knows that drives a Porsche is an A hole and I should not advertise that I'm a Porsche owner. I asked her what she drove and she said a honda Civic. I than proceed to tell her how disappointed I was because every other person I have ever met that drove a civic was pretty cool but she was destroying their street cred. It really sucks because I've stopped wearing that hat and its made me a bit self conscious but I'll get over it

I never went to college but I would like to think most College girls were smarter than this one
It must be that I'm originally from NJ, but I have a hat that was a gift (black) and I wear it to the gym and other times as well. It isn't my problem what others think. I worked hard and earned the money to buy the car, so I can wear the hat. F... everyone honestly.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:23 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Axxlrod
Disappointed in all of you... neg reps all around.

Why has no one has asked the OP if the college girl was hot!!?? Very important question.
Agreed!

Old 01-28-2011, 01:24 PM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
Tell her the if her husband quits working for the mob and gets a real job... then he too can afford a P-car.

Don't get me started about Unions, or having "milfhunter" sponsor a car... pfft.

As far as the OP: you sir, have just witnessed another brainless product of the modern education system...

Last edited by 1BlinkGone; 01-28-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:35 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JohnM
... I find it odd that she drives a $55K Yukon, and has a set of matching "his" and "hers" Harley Davidsons @ $20K each. But since her husband is a union laborer, he deserves it, and i dont....
Classic!

Old 01-28-2011, 01:54 PM
PHOENIX RISING is infamous around these parts
I read the first page of this thread, but admittedly, didn't read all of the other 3 pages of post.

My first thought . . . she (the college girl) was FLIRTING in a way that her seem unimpressed and somehow cerebral. Anyone else would have thought whatever they wanted to about the hat and then . . . . said nothing because it isn't worth their time or effort to express those type of feelings to a stranger. What would they expect . . . that you would sell your car, or just defend yourself and explain how cool you are.

But . . . if they were flirting, it is a way of starting a conversation and not giving up ground by acting impressed by your car/status.

She was flirtin' dude. That's my take. But I also think that "no" sometimes really means "yes" so . . . .

Old 01-28-2011, 02:03 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PHOENIX RISING
She was flirtin' dude. That's my take. But I also think that "no" sometimes really means "yes" so . . . .
I doubt it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra_m0aI6Uqk

Old 01-28-2011, 02:20 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lig
Is that the shirt with the letters "PORSCHE" in caps (but small) across the chest? That's a good looking shirt. Much more subtle than a logo.

I'd definitely wear that hat around my immediate family but that's about it.

Maybe it's just me not wanting to be so upfront with the Porsche thing.

It's the same way with watches - I wouldn't wear a Breitling for Bentley if I didn't have a Bentley but even if I did I would feel a little weird about it. Same with the Panerai Ferrari watches. Cool looking but I don't have the cojones to carry it off (or the car)
I have a PORSCHE white polo that I enjoy very much. I also have an expensive watch that I wear when going out. I could care less if people want to judge. Haters...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: No love from college girls