997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

No love from college girls

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 08:42 PM
neuroguru is infamous around these partsneuroguru is infamous around these parts
Wink

Originally Posted by lig
Hey Larry -

That sounds pretty cool. I like the tone on tone thing.

Gotta love a free shirt. Come to think of it I wore a shirt to the gym last week that was a freebie from a **** web site that sponsored our 24 Hours of LeMons racer.

Now I wouldn't mind that shirt ...

My GT3s are definitely a guilty pleasure. I am so embarassed by them sometimes I turn off the sport mode and take the wings off before I drive them in public ....

Old 01-28-2011, 08:43 PM
GTbeowulf is infamous around these parts
Good thing she didn't see your watch. It might have offended her.
Next time slap on a Casio with plastic strap LOL

BTW the RM is a looker.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:46 PM
neuroguru is infamous around these partsneuroguru is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tourbillon001
an RM4 in rose gold, which has a list price of almost 3 times my car but she did not mention my watch LOL

available on amazon ...
sorry couldn't resist ..some of the funniest reviews I have ever seen in my life ...

http://www.amazon.com/Zenith-96-0529...owViewpoints=1

Last edited by neuroguru; 01-28-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:55 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Dude, that watch is f'n nuts!

Funny, this started like a chick thread and is actually a hat thread!

So, I went to PSDS. I won a hat autographed by the instructors including Hurly Hayward. Too embarrassed to wear it, just for all of these reasons! Too much snow this year and I'm thinking of swapping the car for an S4. When I don't have the Porsche, I'll wear the hat. If some chick asks me if I have a Porsche, then I'll be able to answer, had one but sold it. Couldn't handle the social stigma!

Old 01-28-2011, 09:01 PM
CarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud of
young chicks, hats, luxury watches...exotic cars... Yeah, its a tough gig.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:18 PM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
an RM4 in rose gold, which has a list price of almost 3 times my car but she did not mention my watch LOL
Curious.. did you hit superlotto or are you self made? If I hit lotto, I'd cop a RM FUR SURE! Not gold in gold though.. The RM012 is my favorite but one day I hope I am able to buy a lightly used 010.

Last edited by sizquik; 01-28-2011 at 09:25 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:34 PM
tourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud of
If the hat would not have been a gift with

Originally Posted by speed21
TB dont mean to offend but maybe shes a lot smarter than what you may have taken her for at the time. Not being there and, without knowing the exact circumstances such as the general vibe, situation (busy/quiet) and environment you were sitting in (etc etc), but for a younger girl (and i dont know how attractive or unattractive she was....but assuming she wasnt ugly) she had enough front to initiate her comment toward you...a total stranger. Now my guess is (if she was sitting there on her own as you were) she was definately either making a hit on you and thought by starting a rally of sorts around your P hat and the P car demographic would either determine for her whether you were up to her mark by being able to fend off such comment in a postive, intelligent and humorius manner or, confirm if you were just one of the snobby self indignant senstive P owner types she has been led to believe most of us are (by i don't know who). Either way, i would have embraced the opportunity to have broken her remark right down to the bones to find out the exact origin of her general thinking/remark.....and in that process demonstrate to her that not all P owners are as she thinks (that is if she really does think all P owners are Aholes). Anyways, for all of that i wouldnt bother too much about the hat and the interlude (altho it does serve as a lesson of sorts), but so far as not wearing the hat, its become quite a victory for the girl id've said. Sorry TB but thats the way it looks....especially if you have become a touch paranoid as well. Insofar as P hats go ive been gifted a few myself over the years..some more obvious than others. Ive personally found hats are funny things and can form varying impressions depending upon where you are, and who you are with when you are wearing it. Body language is very telling. These days if im on my own i always wear my black one with the discreet porsche logo embroidered in black. The more obvious ones are usually left in the cupboard nowadays. I figure if someones going to accost me or form a negative impression against me whilst wearing my "discrete" P hat then let them go their hardest as I quite enjoy a good rally at times myself. And if its by an attractive girl then im always happy to have a chat....if just to sort her out . But to stop wearing one completely.....well only if its ostentatious to the point it draws too much attention from the wrong types. Good luck with "the hat" anyway and good story none the less .

edit: In Hindsight maybe you should have gifted the hat to her, putting it on her head....mindful you are having reservations wearing it now. In one way or the other it would have shut her up .
sentimental value I might have offered it to her and if I would have been driving my 911 I would have offered her a ride to form a valid opinion, but I was driving my Range Rover because I actually thought it might look funny to drive my Porsche onto a college campus. Oh well.

I mention to my lady I should give going to school some thought and she said you can look at college girls without enrolling in class

Old 01-28-2011, 09:51 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
sentimental value I might have offered it to her and if I would have been driving my 911 I would have offered her a ride to form a valid opinion, but I was driving my Range Rover because I actually thought it might look funny to drive my Porsche onto a college campus. Oh well.

I mention to my lady I should give going to school some thought and she said you can look at college girls without enrolling in class
Yep (some) "college girls" are smarter than what they look...but no harm in looking tho . I still reckon she spotted the watch, the hat, and thought "ill have a go at that". Some of these college girls are pretty feisty im told. Just as well you didn't tell her you were married. She might have jumped on you for sure.....then you'd be in trouble.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:09 PM
tourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud of
Not a lotto winner

Originally Posted by sizquik
Curious.. did you hit superlotto or are you self made? If I hit lotto, I'd cop a RM FUR SURE! Not gold in gold though.. The RM012 is my favorite but one day I hope I am able to buy a lightly used 010.
and I love the RM12. It reminds me of a ducati frame.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:13 PM
This is the closest I've gotten to the RM12

Its a RM002 in white gold, Unfortunately she no resides on another collectors wrist.

Name:  rm002wristshot024.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  143.8 KB

Old 01-28-2011, 10:15 PM
I can't imagine she knew what the watch was

Originally Posted by speed21
Yep (some) "college girls" are smarter than what they look...but no harm in looking tho . I still reckon she spotted the watch, the hat, and thought "ill have a go at that". Some of these college girls are pretty feisty im told. Just as well you didn't tell her you were married. She might have jumped on you for sure.....then you'd be in trouble.
but the rose gold is a little eye catching

Old 01-28-2011, 10:30 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
but the rose gold is a little eye catching
Too many thugs to even consider wearing a watch like this in Miami . I go out with bare wrists and feel safer. I don't care what time it is most of the time .

Old 01-28-2011, 10:31 PM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
Its a RM002 in white gold, Unfortunately she no resides on another collectors wrist.

Very nice. I got to hold an 012 at the RM boutique in LA. It truly is a work of art in person.The 002 is stunning as well, pics just dont do them justice. What amazed me was how light these pieces are, the 010 felt like I was holding a few 3x5 cards in my hand.

Last edited by sizquik; 01-28-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:13 PM
larry this is what you wear in the hood

Originally Posted by yrralis1
Too many thugs to even consider wearing a watch like this in Miami . I go out with bare wrists and feel safer. I don't care what time it is most of the time .
although I'm pretty sure there are several very nice parts of miami. I spend a lot of time in aventura and sunny isles.

it looks so unassuming like a large swatch or G shock

Name:  IMG_4898.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  146.1 KB

Old 01-29-2011, 12:51 AM
mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PHOENIX RISING
I read the first page of this thread, but admittedly, didn't read all of the other 3 pages of post.

My first thought . . . she (the college girl) was FLIRTING in a way that her seem unimpressed and somehow cerebral. Anyone else would have thought whatever they wanted to about the hat and then . . . . said nothing because it isn't worth their time or effort to express those type of feelings to a stranger. What would they expect . . . that you would sell your car, or just defend yourself and explain how cool you are.

But . . . if they were flirting, it is a way of starting a conversation and not giving up ground by acting impressed by your car/status.

She was flirtin' dude. That's my take. But I also think that "no" sometimes really means "yes" so . . . .
Exactly what I was thinking. She was trying to come off as spirited or interesting because she spoke her mind. She was fishing for a sugar daddy and hoping you'd bite and say something smooth like: "well, if you're not too busy tonight I'd offer the chance to prove you wrong." (Hopefully smoother than that of course )

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: No love from college girls