997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

No love from college girls

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 10:37 PM
tourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud of
No love from college girls

Here is the story.

I had to go to USF to pick up a book for my girlfriend who is in her masters program. I bought the book and decided to grab a coffee and do some people watching. I was wearing a white Porsche hat that my son got me for christmas when a girl drinking coffee next to me askes me if I have a Porsche. I politefully said yes. She than proceeded to tell me everyone she knows that drives a Porsche is an A hole and I should not advertise that I'm a Porsche owner. I asked her what she drove and she said a honda Civic. I than proceed to tell her how disappointed I was because every other person I have ever met that drove a civic was pretty cool but she was destroying their street cred. It really sucks because I've stopped wearing that hat and its made me a bit self conscious but I'll get over it

I never went to college but I would like to think most College girls were smarter than this one

Old 01-27-2011, 11:02 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
Ouch. Not sure what her problem was but I have to be honest - I couldn't imagine wearing any "Porsche" logo clothing myself.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:04 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lig
Ouch. Not sure what her problem was but I have to be honest - I couldn't imagine wearing any "Porsche" logo clothing myself.
Yeah no offense to the OP but I can't imagine it myself. The CTO of my company regularly wears Ferrari-badged sweaters and shirts and I just cringe. Hope he doesn't read this.....

But I generally wear clothes that would never make you think I have 2 100k+ cars in my garage. I just like to drive!

Old 01-27-2011, 11:20 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tourbillon001
Here is the story.

I had to go to USF to pick up a book for my girlfriend who is in her masters program. I bought the book and decided to grab a coffee and do some people watching. I was wearing a white Porsche hat that my son got me for christmas when a girl drinking coffee next to me askes me if I have a Porsche. I politefully said yes. She than proceeded to tell me everyone she knows that drives a Porsche is an A hole and I should not advertise that I'm a Porsche owner. I asked her what she drove and she said a honda Civic. I than proceed to tell her how disappointed I was because every other person I have ever met that drove a civic was pretty cool but she was destroying their street cred. It really sucks because I've stopped wearing that hat and its made me a bit self conscious but I'll get over it

I never went to college but I would like to think most College girls were smarter than this one
Man wear your hat, I never thought of no one to be a jerk/a hole unless they are one, I cant lie though I feel the same way about wearing the hat, because I dont want people to think Im showing off or anything, but i like the hat, but haven't worn it in 2 or 3 years now....

Old 01-27-2011, 11:22 PM
gstahl is a jewel in the roughgstahl is a jewel in the roughgstahl is a jewel in the rough
Definitely, no logo wear. For me working in tech can't see wearing any tech industry logo wear or anything else which one might interpret as saying look how cool I am because of the stuff I have.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:26 PM
tourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud of
I'm a total target shopper

and actually never wear my hat when I'm driving my car (I was driving my Range Rover) but my son picked this hat out with his mother and they gave it to me for christmas. I'm not sure whats wrong with wearing a porsche hat but I guess I just don't get it.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:27 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Let the haters hate. Wear the hat man, especially since your son got it for you! There is always going to be someone out there that is jealous of what you have and you can't control that. Should you apologize for being successful enough to own a Porsche? HELL NO! You earned the right of that position and shouldn't let anyone take that away from you.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:30 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Misanors4
Let the haters hate. Wear the hat man, especially since your son got it for you! There is always going to be someone out there that is jealous of what you have and you can't control that. Should you apologize for being successful enough to own a Porsche? HELL NO! You earned the right of that position and shouldn't let anyone take that away from you.
Great point, especially if your son picked it out, I honestly wouldn't care, my attitude speaks for itself, I'm not nasty or anything so for someone to think that just because i wear a hat, oh please !! as a matter of fact get a life and a Porsche, if you could afford 1...

Old 01-27-2011, 11:32 PM
Its kinda funny

Originally Posted by gstahl
Definitely, no logo wear. For me working in tech can't see wearing any tech industry logo wear or anything else which one might interpret as saying look how cool I am because of the stuff I have.
That someone would think you might be showing off because you are wearing a logo hat when you can buy 944 for 2000 and older boxsters for 12k.

So what about the harley crowd LOL.

Damn it now I'm going to have to get rid of my Ducati gear as well.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:41 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lig
I have a T shirt that was given to me at the dealership on the day i bought my Turbo. It caught my eye as i was walking through the parts dept after i bought the car with the salesman and he noticed i was looking at it so he offered it to me as a souvenir. I wouldn't wear some big logo of anything .. but the lettering was so small and understated that one would have to look directly at it to even see it. That's what i liked about it.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:49 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tourbillon001
Here is the story.

Don't let the mindless opinions of someone else ruin yoir happiness with wearing the hat . She doesn't live your life or pay your bills and if she judges your entire character without knowing you .. it reveals enough about her .

Last edited by yrralis1; 01-27-2011 at 11:53 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:53 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
Is that the shirt with the letters "PORSCHE" in caps (but small) across the chest? That's a good looking shirt. Much more subtle than a logo.

I'd definitely wear that hat around my immediate family but that's about it.

Maybe it's just me not wanting to be so upfront with the Porsche thing.

It's the same way with watches - I wouldn't wear a Breitling for Bentley if I didn't have a Bentley but even if I did I would feel a little weird about it. Same with the Panerai Ferrari watches. Cool looking but I don't have the cojones to carry it off (or the car)

Old 01-27-2011, 11:54 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Don't let the mindless opinions of someoneelse ruin yoir happiness with wearing the hat . She doesn't live your life or pay your bills and if she judges your entire character without knowing you .. it reveals enough about her .
It's high time I open a folder just to store such classic quotes of Larry's. Well said as usual. I agree 101%.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:01 AM
Lig --
I tried to take a picture of it but it's too dark. It's the "PORSCHE" stitched in black on a black T shirt. The letters are only about 1/8 of an inch high making it barely noticeable and it's on the left side of the fron't chest area of the shirt.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:07 AM
I could not agree more

Originally Posted by yrralis1
Don't let the mindless opinions of someone else ruin yoir happiness with wearing the hat . She doesn't live your life or pay your bills and if she judges your entire character without knowing you .. it reveals enough about her .
I honestly don't think a car says anything about a person. I bought a porsche because It was fast, well built, could carry my son. I did not grow up dreaming about porsches or any car for that matter. I was just always into speed and as a young man I got that speed on bikes. When my son was born my life became much more important and I switched to cars. They are about the only thing that I own that could be considered flashy but hey I just love speed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: No love from college girls