997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.2 Exhaust..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 05:21 AM
911 S is infamous around these parts
997.2 Exhaust..

I have the sharkwerks bypass, but looking to improve the sound of the car.. so thought of adding a set of side mufflers, but the question is.. what is the loudest side muffler that i could match to my sharkwerks pipes?

Old 02-05-2011, 12:31 PM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
You want loud? Try a set of secondary (side) muffler by-pass pipes.

http://www.fabspeed.com/carrera2009_2.html

Old 02-05-2011, 12:54 PM
I thought of the fabspeed side mufflers delete and an advantage is that this option is cheaper than any muffler and the weight saving is worth it, but then that means I will have straight pipes all the way after the cats, and from what I recall that's not healthy for the engine.. Can anyone second that or put in about this case?

Old 02-05-2011, 01:17 PM
T33
T33 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 911 S
I have the sharkwerks bypass, but looking to improve the sound of the car.. so thought of adding a set of side mufflers, but the question is.. what is the loudest side muffler that i could match to my sharkwerks pipes?
Is there a big difference between the stock sound and the Sharkwerks bypass that you have on now? I'm debating to get one or not. Thanks.

Old 02-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Yes there is a difference.. U can note it.. Won't call it a BIG difference.. Don't forget that the stock cats and side mufflers r still there, and they kill the exhaust..

But, install a bypass and if u still think its not that loud, then install a set of side muffler and you will be happy..

Old 02-05-2011, 02:53 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
hey pal.. I think this is a good match (adding just the tubi sides):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnfS9ZzIFxw

Old 02-06-2011, 07:34 AM
Bonerwall is infamous around these parts
Good options available for quality side mufflers for your 997.2 to compliment your Sharkwerks cross-over pipe include FVD, Tubi, Cargraphics, and Fabspeed. Each has their own merit, but I have the FVD Street-Sport PDK system (includes both side mufflers and the center delete X-pipe) and it is fantastic. The beauty of the FVD systems is that they offer several CAT-back systems and options to tailor the sound to the customer needs and they also offer the rest of the complete exhaust system components (such as headers, 200 cell CATs, and software) if you want max gains. Most of the other exhaust vendors don't offer such a great variety of quality products just for the exhaust system.

Lots of good posts in this forum on this subject. Good luck.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:59 PM
thanks, so i guess i should re-phrase the question, what is the loudest side muffler to install along with my sharkwerks bypass? TUBI? FABSPEED? CARGRAPHIC? FVD?

Old 02-07-2011, 03:24 AM
911 Molar is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 911 S
thanks, so i guess i should re-phrase the question, what is the loudest side muffler to install along with my sharkwerks bypass? TUBI? FABSPEED? CARGRAPHIC? FVD?
Perhaps a better path to consider, is a straight through cat delete pipe with secondary bypass and a custom map. That would be seriously load and with a good map - easy 450 bhp. Thats a quick car

Old 02-07-2011, 05:32 PM
carfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by sharkster
hey pal.. I think this is a good match (adding just the tubi sides):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnfS9ZzIFxw
That's what I did and is the best way to go !

Old 02-08-2011, 09:11 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by carfan
That's what I did and is the best way to go !
Hehe that's right youwould know pal

Old 02-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Hey 911 S, the Fabspeed Maxflo muffler has a nice, crisp and sporty sound to it, but its not loud in any way. Here is a video of our Dual tone Maxflo mufflers on the Sport setting with our X Pipe Primary Muffler bypass. Let me know if you have any questions and PM me if you are interested.
I also attached a video of our new Valvetronic mufflers which allow you to go from quiet to Sport with a push of button.
thanks,

997.2 Maxflo Muffler on Sport setting with the X Pipe Bypass:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4HbDRh3FvM

997.2 Valvetronic Maxflo Muffler Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIZGKCsyfeg

Old 04-02-2011, 06:07 AM
Captain BMM is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up Fabspeed side muffler bypass pipes

I have the secondary bypass pipes and are super loud, they are a good idea if you want a loud cup car like sound for your weekend toy, not for everyday driving though, as I drive my 997.2 everyday I went back to stock mufflers and I am thinking about their x pipe.

Any body out there interested in buying my bypass pipes, I'll sell them for 1/2 the original price, I just drove about 1000 miles with them and would like to go for a quieter set up, I guess I'm getting old...

Old 06-22-2011, 09:21 AM
Ranger911 is infamous around these parts
Captain BMM

I'll take those if you still have them.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:01 AM
Captain BMM is infamous around these parts
Ranger 911:

I still have the bypass pipes, let me know how to contact you so we can make a deal.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.2 Exhaust..