997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

sunroof delete

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 02:24 PM
silver329 is a jewel in the roughsilver329 is a jewel in the roughsilver329 is a jewel in the roughsilver329 is a jewel in the rough
sunroof delete

I just moved to London (yes the c2s is in storage stateside). Anyway, noticed that so many cars here if not most do not have sunroofs. I always knew about the model designation delete while I was in Germany, but today was the first time I noticed most luxury cars (porsche, bmw, audi, mb) don't have sunroofs here. So it begs the question, how many of you, if you had the option would choose the sunroof delete?

Old 02-05-2011, 03:12 PM
ExactlyCake is infamous around these parts
I don't know if I could not have a sunroof after so many years of having one.
Of course if we are talking a specific track car that's a different story.
If its an option, its getting the sunroof as a dd.

Old 02-05-2011, 03:17 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
I have never used mine so I guess you know my answer.

Old 02-05-2011, 03:20 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
I always loved sunroofs in 911s. Some pine for a sunroof-less car, I do not. In London there are probably few opportunities to drive with the sunroof open.

Old 02-05-2011, 04:29 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
In a second, sunroof is waste IMO.

Old 02-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Sharkys is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NorthVan
In a second, sunroof is waste IMO.
My sunroof is open more so than closed. It is another perfect beach weekend in S. Cal.

Tomorrow it will be 75 degress and sunny

Old 02-05-2011, 05:36 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sharkys
My sunroof is open more so than closed. It is another perfect beach weekend in S. Cal.

Tomorrow it will be 75 degress and sunny
Like I said, a waste. You should have a cab.

Old 02-05-2011, 06:07 PM
tcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to behold
Personally, I would rather have some extra helmet clearance than the sunroof...

Maybe they do the sunroof delete to allow for all the nice hats they wear over there?

T.

Old 02-05-2011, 06:15 PM
tourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud of
love my sunroof.

although I don't care if there is a sunroof delete, I just would not chose it.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:33 PM
keenan9 is infamous around these partskeenan9 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tcouture
Personally, I would rather have some extra helmet clearance than the sunroof...
+ 1. Given the option I would delete the sunroof in a heartbeat.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Comet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to all
sunroof FTW
mine is always tilted open.. rain or shine

Old 02-05-2011, 11:33 PM
Sharkys is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NorthVan
Like I said, a waste. You should have a cab.
#@*! No. But next week is Streets of Willow. Going to buy a helmet - hope there will be clearance.

Old 02-06-2011, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by Sharkys
#@*! No. But next week is Streets of Willow. Going to buy a helmet - hope there will be clearance.
Your helmet should be fine, a sunroof is not useful on the track, adds weight in the wrong part of the car.

Old 02-06-2011, 12:24 AM
muerdeme is a name known to allmuerdeme is a name known to allmuerdeme is a name known to allmuerdeme is a name known to allmuerdeme is a name known to allmuerdeme is a name known to all
"Like I said, a waste. You should have a cab. "

NorthVan...don't agree with you. My sun roof is open more often than not as well, and I have no desire to own a cab. I am not trying to sell you on a sun roof as you clearly track your car and it's not a fit for you.

I live in So Cal where the weather is great and I like to have a more open feel when driving. So why no cab...
1) I Want the more rigid body of the coupe.
2) So Cal has some a-holes who take advantage of the security challenges with soft tops.
3) I don't want the extra weight of the cab frame re-inforcements (yes...I am willing to pay the weight penalty for the SR).

People configure their cars for a number of reasons...we all have our own. For me...coupe with sun roof.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by muerdeme
"Like I said, a waste. You should have a cab. "

NorthVan...don't agree with you. My sun roof is open more often than not as well, and I have no desire to own a cab. I am not trying to sell you on a sun roof as you clearly track your car and it's not a fit for you.

I live in So Cal where the weather is great and I like to have a more open feel when driving. So why no cab...
1) I Want the more rigid body of the coupe.
2) So Cal has some a-holes who take advantage of the security challenges with soft tops.
3) I don't want the extra weight of the cab frame re-inforcements (yes...I am willing to pay the weight penalty for the SR).

People configure their cars for a number of reasons...we all have our own. For me...coupe with sun roof.
Try a Targa, gives you open roof when you need it and the securityas well.

The OP originally asked if we would order a SR delete, I said it was useless IMO. I am not asking for you or others to agree with me or not, I am simply stating that this is one option that should have been an option.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: sunroof delete