997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

911 vs. Panamera - first post

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 02:05 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
+ 1 for Adias's comment. Under 40 degrees F, the rubber compund in the summer tires turn into hard ice hockey puck but I am sure Northvan knows all about that.

Old 02-10-2011, 03:18 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by adias
I'm told that summer tires should not be driven below 40F.
I'm told driving over the posted speed limit isn't safe either!

Old 02-10-2011, 03:19 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
+ 1 for Adias's comment. Under 40 degrees F, the rubber compund in the summer tires turn into hard ice hockey puck but I am sure Northvan knows all about that.
I play hockey, I coach hockey, and I love watching hockey....driving on hockey pucks is only natural for a Canadian!

Yes I am aware, but I still think that I am safer then most of the drivers in this city anyway.

Last edited by NorthVan; 02-10-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:32 PM
bhu
bhu is infamous around these parts
I hope your car has winter tires to drive it in 22F weather. Your best decision is keep your cab and get a Panamera 4 for the family. Win-win!
I do have winter tires. A big help. I drive it in all conditions.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:38 PM
stockid is infamous around these partsstockid is infamous around these parts
Smile

[QUOTE=bhu;3119327]Final Verdict: Thank you, everyone. (This is like a support group for capitalists.) I had the dealer start on all of the paperwork on the Panamera 4; I called and told him I was all set and have the car prepped for delivery. Kids and wife were excited to get a new car. This morning, when it was 22 degrees out, I dropped the top on the 911 in the garage for one last time just to see - then started driving to dealership. Then it was a no brainer. 997 is probably the best looking 911 ever. The shape is so clean, so iconic, so nuanced. NorthVan's logic is irrefutable: Summer is right around the corner. It is a champion even on the snow/ice. After owning a car for 5 years, if I am still as enthusiastic about it, it makes no sense to trade it in. I would have regretted it. It is a downer not to get that new car buzz when one is looking forward to it, but it is better than convertible-envy a few months later when the sun comes out (convertible is a big stress-reliever, I find.) Thanks to everyone for your help - this board influenced my decision the most.

I think you will be happy. Cheers! Damn, it is cold back there.
California, would be the greatest state if it were not for all the freaking taxes.

Old 02-11-2011, 04:25 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
[quote=stockid;3120007]
Originally Posted by bhu
Final Verdict: Thank you, everyone. (This is like a support group for capitalists.) I had the dealer start on all of the paperwork on the Panamera 4; I called and told him I was all set and have the car prepped for delivery. Kids and wife were excited to get a new car. This morning, when it was 22 degrees out, I dropped the top on the 911 in the garage for one last time just to see - then started driving to dealership. Then it was a no brainer. 997 is probably the best looking 911 ever. The shape is so clean, so iconic, so nuanced. NorthVan's logic is irrefutable: Summer is right around the corner. It is a champion even on the snow/ice. After owning a car for 5 years, if I am still as enthusiastic about it, it makes no sense to trade it in. I would have regretted it. It is a downer not to get that new car buzz when one is looking forward to it, but it is better than convertible-envy a few months later when the sun comes out (convertible is a big stress-reliever, I find.) Thanks to everyone for your help - this board influenced my decision the most.

I think you will be happy. Cheers! Damn, it is cold back there.
California, would be the greatest state if it were not for all the freaking taxes.

Try NY .....rape is legal in this state!

Old 02-11-2011, 05:14 AM
fjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to all
We have had a Panamera 4 for a week now. It becomes more impressive each day. What a luxurious machine. V6 around town is great, and gas seems to last a long time. A month from now the C2S Cab (we traded) will be sorely missed, but he Panamera is a winner.
I'll be on the lookout for a preowned Cab down the road, though

Old 02-11-2011, 07:53 AM
stockid is infamous around these partsstockid is infamous around these parts
[QUOTE=jjc4scab;3120115]
Originally Posted by stockid

Try NY .....rape is legal in this state!
Off Topic:
Please tell me how these other states can get by with no state tax and our state's tax business away and people?

Old 02-11-2011, 08:01 AM
bhu
bhu is infamous around these parts
[QUOTE=stockid;3120212]
Originally Posted by jjc4scab

Off Topic:
Please tell me how these other states can get by with no state tax and our state's tax business away and people?
StockId - I spend most of January in SF. I'll tell you why on the taxes...there are certain people that have to live next to NYC, SF, or LA. Same thing with Chicago. It sounds crazy, I used to live in Seattle, but I can't imagine moving back even at 0% personal and corporate income tax. 70 degree year-round +/- 10 degrees gives California endless pricing power when it comes to taxation.

Kept the 911. Might need to add Panamera 4. Can't get it out my head. I have to drive 45 minutes into NYC right now...sure would be nice.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:58 AM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
I'm told that summer tires should not be driven below 40F.

I concur. I had summers on my 135i last winter and they were so hard they could have come from Bedrock.

And don't get me started on NY taxes. The fiasco that is the MTA convinced the bobble heads in Albany to tax business in the NY metro region to close their budget deficit regardless of whether or not the employees actually used the trains/busses.

Last edited by lacrosse; 02-11-2011 at 12:02 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:55 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lacrosse
I concur. I had summers on my 135i last winter and they were so hard they could have come from Bedrock.

And don't get me started on NY taxes. The fiasco that is the MTA convinced the bobble heads in Albany to tax business in the NY metro region to close their budget deficit regardless of whether or not the employees actually used the trains/busses.

Thats ok guys......My county that I live in has the highest rate of property tax in the United States.
Tired of this state, and tired of being stolen from!

Old 02-12-2011, 11:12 AM
stacheman is just really nicestacheman is just really nicestacheman is just really nicestacheman is just really nicestacheman is just really nice
Come on up to Onatrio and really feel the pain!!!!

Old 02-12-2011, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
Thats ok guys......My county that I live in has the highest rate of property tax in the United States.
Tired of this state, and tired of being stolen from!
That is to cover the costs of snow removal?

Old 02-13-2011, 12:26 AM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by NorthVan
That is to cover the costs of snow removal?
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo. LOL That will be an extra surcharge. NY politicians have never met a tax they don't like!

Old 02-13-2011, 04:58 AM
They need the extra cash for the high priced hookers! We even have them looking on craigslist.... shirtless....for a little luv! LMFAO

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 911 vs. Panamera - first post