997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Aero kit on stock suspension. How low?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 06:54 AM
away is infamous around these parts
Aero kit on stock suspension. How low?

Out of curiosity, what is the measurement from the front lip to the ground?

If someone has a C2S with stock suspension/aero kit, could you kindly measure for me? Mine has H&R springs and is 3.5" from lip to ground.

Thanks in advance!

Old 02-10-2011, 08:21 AM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
I can check that when I get home this evening unless someone beats me to it.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:31 AM
Lugs H is infamous around these parts
5" on my '06 C2S w/aero kit & stock suspension.

Old 02-10-2011, 12:53 PM
5" is about what I figured. Jeez, still pretty low.

Problem is, I love the look of my car lowered but was just trying to gain a little more clearance. Someone should really make a lower profile black insert for the aero kit.

Old 02-10-2011, 03:28 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
I want to lower mine as well, but 5" is already hard to manage.

Old 02-10-2011, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by ntlgnt1
but 5" is already hard to manage.
I laughed.

I think the car needs that extra little drop over the factory height. It just looks right. If the lower spoiler wasn't SO low, it'd be much easier to do springs without rubbing. I take it no one actually makes a shallower lip?

Old 02-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Lugs H is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Lugs H
5" on my '06 C2S w/aero kit & stock suspension.
My son has a 07 C2S with the aero kit that has been lowered. He has 4" of clearance. Both our cars scrape that lower lip. I noticed that practically all the C2's with the kit & the GT3's have scrape marks. Just something you learn to live with. If it really gets bad looking for around $200 you can get a new one.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:07 PM
In reality, $200 for a new lip once a year or so isn't the end of the world. I'll just think of it as a 'fun tax'.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:55 PM
ng997 is a jewel in the roughng997 is a jewel in the roughng997 is a jewel in the rough
I think Suncoast has the lower lip for $189. It's another couple of hundred to get it painted. I scraped one up. Bought two from Suncoast. Saved a little on shipping and got a deal on getting two painted at the same time. Now I got a spare that I hope I don't need for a long time.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:57 PM
ng997 is a jewel in the roughng997 is a jewel in the roughng997 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ng997
I think Suncoast has the lower lip for $189. It's another couple of hundred to get it painted. I scraped one up. Bought two from Suncoast. Saved a little on shipping and got a deal on getting two painted at the same time. Now I got a spare that I hope I don't need for a long time.
I need to post some new pics. Got the factory areo kit last year.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:43 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
I dont think I would ever paint the lips... scraping them is part of owning the Aero Kit or a GT3. Forever Black does a great job touching up the scrape marks. I had mine set at below RS height and near competition height and scraping was rare even at that height... definitely had to plan my routes though!

Jason

Old 02-10-2011, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by JEllis
I dont think I would ever paint the lips... scraping them is part of owning the Aero Kit or a GT3. Forever Black does a great job touching up the scrape marks. I had mine set at below RS height and near competition height and scraping was rare even at that height... definitely had to plan my routes though!

Jason
The factory Aero kit as an option on the Carrera is a painted lip. I waffled on going ahead and doing a black GT3 lip knowing it would be easy just to touch it up. Decided to keep it the factory Aero kit look being my car isn't a GT3. Oh..I didn't just scrap it a little...I destroyed it No amount of Forever Black was gonna help this one. I'm very careful now.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:08 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JEllis

Jason
+1, I don't even bother, when I first got it, I tried to avoid scraping it, I brought out 2x6 to go up my driveway. My neighbor thinks I'm nuts. I've came to the conclusion that trying to not scrape the front lip is similar to trying to sleep with 2 supermodels at the same time, it's not going to happen anytime soon.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:34 AM
nelsgood is infamous around these parts
I have an '07 C4S with a GT3 Aero Kit. Initially the front spoiler was only 3" off the ground but I had it raised to 4" after replacing two spoilers. The spoiler still scrapes at times, but I've installed some "home-built" plexiglass protectors on each corner. It was a real simple fix; I'll take photos and document.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:55 AM
Interesting. I'd love to see the homemade skid plates.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aero kit on stock suspension. How low?