997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Rennen Wheel Dilemma

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 07:53 PM
alan000 is infamous around these parts
Rennen Wheel Dilemma

So my Rennen M9s for my 997.1s arrived last week and overall, I love them. They are 20.8lbs front and 21.8 lbs rear (this includes their race prep). Problem is, I paid for the two tone option and the resulting finish is NOT what ACG's website displays. (See pics). I spoke with Peter and Carl at Rennen and was informed that because I did not specify the two tone that's advertised, I received the "standard" two tone finish instead. When I ordered the two tone, I had their display picture in mind. As a consumer, there's no way for me to know that there are multiple two tone finishes.

Well, that sucks because I didn't know there were multiple two tone finishes. And the center cap logo lettering is not painted black--but that I can understand costs extra. So if you guys are ordering the two tone finish, specify WHAT you want painted. In my case, they only painted the sides of the spokes and a small piece of the step outer lip, so when you look at it head on, it doesn't even look two tone. I was told if I want them painted like the picture, the wheel would have to be completely stripped and repainted, of course costing me more money.

I'm thinking of having Fast Forward Wheels or Wheel Enhancement refinish the outer edge/lips for me. I don't want the whole wheel stripped. I have several questions for you guys:

1) Think I deserve a refund for a two tone finish that is not representative of the website pictures?
2) Should I even have someone refinish and add the black paint to the outer edges? I like the wheels a lot, but even the current finish isn't exactly perfect (areas of overpaint). I like the black lips even more (makes the spokes look longer)
3) Any recommendations regarding Fast Forward Wheels or wheel enhancement? I've gotten my tires from wheel enhancement, and they're great.

****EDIT: after checking my email communications with Peter at ACG, I indeed had specified that I wanted the two tone finish as shown on their website

Thanks
Name:  Rennen M9.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  71.1 KB

Name:  Unpainted Lips 2.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  49.6 KB

Name:  Unpainted Lips.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  239.3 KB

Last edited by alan000; 02-16-2011 at 12:49 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:56 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
1). What does your order say - if you received something different than you ordered then I'd say you have a case for a return/refund, otherwise no.
2). I've done business with the WE guys and they're the best

Did you ask Rennen to swap out your wheels for the ones you thought you ordered?

Last edited by jhbrennan; 02-16-2011 at 08:25 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:32 AM
Jhbrennan-

My order says Two tone finish and race prep. I actually went back to check my email communications with Peter and discovered that I indeed asked for the two tone finish as shown in the pictures on ACG's website. I now have a strong argument to have that product delivered to me. So yes, I did receive something different that what I ordered.

You know, this whole ordering process has not gone as smoothly as I had hoped (there are other issues), and I'm growing quite frustrated and disappointed.

Alan

Last edited by alan000; 02-16-2011 at 12:35 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:02 AM
gshap is infamous around these parts
Ship them back have them send you the ones you want. If the have an issue with that call your cc.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by gshap
Ship them back have them send you the ones you want. If the have an issue with that call your cc.
Unfortunately, I paid by check. Rennen is unwilling to rectify the paint issue (their refinishing company is terrible, I might add), and ACG is not helpful in rectifying this, nor are they taking responsibility for not communicating to the refinisher the correct two tone paint option. However, ACG did promise me a partial refund and at this point, I don't even want to send it back to refinish anyway, as it'll probably take another month or so. I'm just gonna have to spend more money out of pocket to get them refinished properly and rapidly. I just want to put the wheels on my car.

Originally Posted by Fastforwardwheels
we can refinish those wheels to be exactly like that picture and or anything you want us to...

just give me a call when ever you are ready and we will work with you...

Nice talking with you today, Elvis. I will drop by tomorrow.

Alan

Old 03-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Here are your final photos: Hope you'll enjoy them!

-Eli

Old 03-11-2011, 01:20 AM
Eli & Elvis:

The wheels now look hot, especially on the car I can't wait for the custom caps to be done to complete the look. Thanks guys for "fixing" my wheels! Of course, pictures to come soon...

Alan