997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Whats it gonna take to make my 997.1 C2 into a 997.2 GT3RS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 09:33 PM
nugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud of
Whats it gonna take to make my 997.1 C2 into a 997.2 GT3RS?

I just dug out my car from under the 5 ft of snow and it appears that the snowplow scratched my rear bumped pretty deep. Theres no other damage besides for a deep scratch in the rear bumper so im thinking instead of getting it repainted i will just get a body kit. What am I going to need to make it into a 997.2 GT3RS?

Old 02-17-2011, 10:04 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Don't do it . The electonics are nearly impossible to operate 100 percent after install and the car will never be a Gt3RS .

Better to just save the money.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:14 PM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
about $130,000

Old 02-17-2011, 10:27 PM
tourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud of
a boat load of cash

if i understand your post correctly you just want to swap out the rear bumper for a GT3 bumper right. So you will need a bumper, center exit exhaust, aftermarket LED tail lights, and a GT3 wing. Of course if you do the back you will want to do the front.

Good luck with the kit, I don't think its hard to do just expensive to do it right

Old 02-17-2011, 10:52 PM
axhoaxho has much to be proud ofaxhoaxho has much to be proud ofaxhoaxho has much to be proud ofaxhoaxho has much to be proud ofaxhoaxho has much to be proud ofaxhoaxho has much to be proud ofaxhoaxho has much to be proud ofaxhoaxho has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by nugent_crai
I just dug out my car from under the 5 ft of snow and it appears that the snowplow scratched my rear bumped pretty deep. Theres no other damage besides for a deep scratch in the rear bumper so im thinking instead of getting it repainted i will just get a body kit. What am I going to need to make it into a 997.2 GT3RS?
Easy:

1. Sell the 997.1 C2.

2. Pony up the money.

3. Buy a 997.2 GT3RS.

Regards,

P.S. Do not make your C2 into a look-a-like GT3RS. Not only it turns a beautiful C2 into a Frankenstein-Porsche, it will never be a real GT3RS.

Last edited by axhoaxho; 02-17-2011 at 10:55 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:56 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tourbillon001
if i understand your post correctly you just want to swap out the rear bumper for a GT3 bumper right. So you will need a bumper, center exit exhaust, aftermarket LED tail lights, and a GT3 wing. Of course if you do the back you will want to do the front.

Good luck with the kit, I don't think its hard to do just expensive to do it right
It's cheaper if you don't get the center exhaust exit, there are a few vendors out there that will give you the GT3RS look w/o breaking the bank.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:12 AM
NYC_Z06 is just really niceNYC_Z06 is just really niceNYC_Z06 is just really niceNYC_Z06 is just really nice
You're also gonna need to put it in a garage, preferably indoors. NYC is home of the knuckle head SUV owner who's preferred method of parallel parking is backing into a spot until they hit something.

To your question, assuming cosmetic, the conversion is doable but as people have pointed out, expensive. The LED’s being a major PITA and expensive. Ditto for the center exhaust. The 997.1 GT3 RS is a much less expensive proposition.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:37 AM
nugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud of
Sorry guys I should have been more clear...
Just front and rear bumpers, and whatever else, ie wing, lighting, etc. Im already there with everything else I can do performance wise...

I really like the stock sleeper aspect of my cars exterior, but then this idiot had to go scratch my rear bumper, deep! So I figure a good body shop will charge as much as a new rear bumper is, so just get the front too while I'm at it...

Old 02-18-2011, 01:09 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry guys I should have been more clear...
Just front and rear bumpers, and whatever else, ie wing, lighting, etc. Im already there with everything else I can do performance wise...

I really like the stock sleeper aspect of my cars exterior, but then this idiot had to go scratch my rear bumper, deep! So I figure a good body shop will charge as much as a new rear bumper is, so just get the front too while I'm at it...
you cannot make it into RS as it is a widebody car, yours is narrow body.

if you want - put an oem c2 aerokit on your car. proper way to install gt3 front bumper requires a lot of work - replace harnesses, gt3 radiators, air ducts, or instead of anticipated increase of downforce in front you will get an opposite effect. you also will have to mess with exhaust to make it coming from center. I do not think it is worth it but it is doable.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:52 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
try this for the rear.. its a 997.1 gt3 rear with 997.2 led

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...led-tails.html

and i am sure he can also assist u with what u need

bol !

Old 02-18-2011, 02:09 PM
The Greek is a splendid one to beholdThe Greek is a splendid one to beholdThe Greek is a splendid one to beholdThe Greek is a splendid one to beholdThe Greek is a splendid one to beholdThe Greek is a splendid one to beholdThe Greek is a splendid one to behold
GT3TEK,

Does your spoiler fit on a 997.2? Its a subtle clean spoiler, which is exactly what I was looking for.

Old 02-18-2011, 05:25 PM
awcayenne is a jewel in the roughawcayenne is a jewel in the roughawcayenne is a jewel in the rough
I just can't take my eyes off her.

Attached Images    

Last edited by awcayenne; 02-19-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:18 PM
WTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant futureWTFitsCarter has a brilliant future
GT3Tek can get you almost there looks wise without breaking the bank. Their rear bumper is reasonably priced and i am hoping their new tail section will be as well. They don't have the 997.2 front bumper yet but i am hoping they come out with something soon... HINT HINT HINT

it looks like you can get the 997.2 aerokit front bumper from http://www.porscheshop.co.uk including all the lights control units, wiring etc for $2,400 or so.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:15 AM
Comet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to all
don't do it OP
this is similar to people in civics putting a type R sticker, BMW 323 with an M badge/body kit
it cheapens your car and makes you look like a poser pretending to have a car he doesn't have.. Man up and pony up the cash difference if you want a GT3RS
I doubt fixing a scratch is as expensive as a respraying and installing a new bumper/exhaust/etc..
you obviously have money ot burn if you want to do such a conversion, why not just get a GT3RS?

Old 02-21-2011, 09:17 AM
awcayenne is a jewel in the roughawcayenne is a jewel in the roughawcayenne is a jewel in the rough
GT3tek polyurethane kit is simple paint and bolt on kit. There is no body work. It is indestructable. It's easy to install if you are DIY kind of person. I can transform my car back to completely stock appearance in 1 hour. I'd keep all the stock body parts. BTW , I have no financial interest in the company. Just love the way my car look with the kit.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Whats it gonna take to make my 997.1 C2 into a 997.2 GT3RS?