997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

How to confirm Porsche Certified?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 11:46 AM
D-squared is infamous around these partsD-squared is infamous around these parts
How to confirm Porsche Certified?

I'm in the process of buying a 997. The CarFax shows it has been Porsche Certified, but the dealer, who mainly sells Mercedes, isn't sure that means it has the extended warranty.

How do I get confirmation?

Thanks.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:55 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by D-squared
I'm in the process of buying a 997. The CarFax shows it has been Porsche Certified, but the dealer, who mainly sells Mercedes, isn't sure that means it has the extended warranty.

How do I get confirmation?

Thanks.
if you wonder about CPO warranty - if car gets sold by a mercedes dealer it will not have CPO anymore after that sale. CPO only transfers if car had it before and car get`s sold by a private party.

Or you can try to do a deal of mercedes dealer selling car to porsche dealer and that porsche dealer can sell it to you as CPO car - but it may be a difficult stunt to orchestrate.

Old 02-22-2011, 02:59 PM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
It shows in my VIN decoder report that it has CPO warranty till xyz date, now I am not sure if will be honored at Porsche since it's being purchased from Merc dealer.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:08 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by simtiaz
It shows in my VIN decoder report that it has CPO warranty till xyz date, now I am not sure if will be honored at Porsche since it's being purchased from Merc dealer.
call your nearest Porsche dealer and ask.

my guess is that it will be not - but ask them if they can help you out to maintain CPO status. some people wrote on forums that they found ways to do that. IMHO much easier just to find and buy a car from private party.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:23 PM
b2sc is infamous around these parts
A CPO warranty can only be transferred from private party to private party.

It can't be transferred when a customer sells or trades to the dealer, even a Porsche dealer. It's terminated when tihs occurs.

If that Porsche dealer sells the car, the new buyer would have to purchase a new CPO warranty, (or it can be added to the purchase price of the car).

Old 02-22-2011, 03:50 PM
D-squared is infamous around these partsD-squared is infamous around these parts
You're right

Porsche USA just confirmed. It's still under the original warranty but going through a non-Porsche dealer negates the CPO. There are after-market warranties but I'm leery of them. Oh well - I got it for a great deal, so don't cry for me Argentina.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:21 PM
MSCHWA3439 is infamous around these parts
Walk away from the deal

Old 02-23-2011, 11:16 AM
jakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the rough
Why???????

Why????????????

What am I missing here? Why does it get terminated .. for what reason?

I'm sure it's a way for Porsche to make money but