997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My Dilemma: Porsche or Fisker

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 11:22 AM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know about reliability but I saw 2 karmas near my home heading into the mountain for some test runs and they were gorgeous!!

Old 02-25-2011, 11:22 AM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
How much is the Fisker?

Is it equivalent to a Carrera?

Money aside, I would feel much more comfortable driving a 911 as I know I have a much larger company to back me up when things start to go wrong and a huge aftermarket and indy industry behind 911's.

If exotic is the game perhaps a used Carrera GT, Murci SV or a 458 is the game in my view.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:34 AM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
My understanding is that it should be around the 100k mark.

Old 02-25-2011, 12:38 PM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
Thanks Guys (and Gals)...keep the thoughts coming....its really helpful. I particularily liked Dharn55's perspectives. Thanks.

gloves, with options I want it comes to somewhere between 110-120K

Old 02-25-2011, 12:58 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Richie18
If you drive the car daily then i think the Fisker Karma would be the choice. If the Porsche is a weekend car then I would keep it. The Fisker Karma will be, like you said, like nothing else on the road. An awesome combination of innovation and style, the Karma looks exotic when compared to the 911.
i am thinking the other way..
if u need a daily driver, keep the Porsche.

The Karma seem more like a collectible, IMO, and a beautiful weekend car.

Originally Posted by steph280
I would suggest you buy the Fisker for your wife and you buy the Porsche. This way she can't complain about you having both.

Fisker's HQ is down the street from me and they seem to have a lot of activities. But I agree with gloves, I'll believe it when I see it.
+1

Old 02-25-2011, 01:02 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dharn55
You have to ask yourself two questions.

Do you want a high performance car with a proven track record, high reliability, readily available parts and service backed up by one of the largest car makers in the world. Then the Porsche is the answer.

Do you want a trophy car without a proven track record, unknown reliability, limited or non-existent parts and service availability, first year of production with a high likelihood of significant design and engineering problems backed by a shell company with virtually no real assets, and real questions as to whether it will actually ever be made, and one that if it is you will probably never really be able to drive much. Then Fisker is the answer.
prime example of steering your customers..
only an idiot would pick the Fisker if choices above were all there was to it.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:50 PM
D-squared is infamous around these partsD-squared is infamous around these parts
Go with greatness.

I had a Maserati not too long ago. Gorgeous car. Fast. Turned heads everywhere I went. There wasn't another one like it within hundreds of miles.

But it had too many little things that weren't quite right. I finally decided the exclusivity wasn't worth it, and sold it.

There are many more P-cars than Fiskers on the road, but there's a very good reason for that. If you can afford the best all around supercar, the Porsche is it.

There is no substitute.

Old 02-25-2011, 03:04 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by D-squared
There are many more P-cars than Fiskers on the road, but there's a very good reason for that. If you can afford the best all around supercar, the Porsche is it.
There are many more Toyota Corollas than Porsches on the road, but there's a very good reason for that.
Originally Posted by D-squared
There is no substitute.
Marketing slogans won't help.

Old 02-25-2011, 03:15 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
New review from C&D: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t_drive_review

Chinese made AC Motors, 0-60 in 5.9 seconds, over 4000lbs, for $110k???

No thanks.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:48 PM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by v35
I don't know about reliability but I saw 2 karmas near my home heading into the mountain for some test runs and they were gorgeous!!
I really agree with most of you...and its made me think. The P-Car is what I always wanted and now I'm married to it. Its reliable, it knows what I want, it know how to satisfy me, and there is no other vehicle I would want to spend the rest of my life with more. However, I see the Fisker as a mistress...something I lust after that if I get it will cause me nothing but trouble and probably in the end wont even satisfy me...could be a fatal attraction. Maybe I should just stick with P-car, though I need to still sleep on it.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:47 PM
zanwar is infamous around these partszanwar is infamous around these parts
Obviously the safe, risk averse choice is to stick with the 911. It would be a brave move to buy the Fisker. But it might be worth it. I imagine it would cost around 20k-30k to swap the 911 for the Fisker, then swap back again. If you're comfortable with that kind of proposition, why not take the chance.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:58 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
Tell her you will sell the Porsche when the new car arrives.
keep running ads for your Porsche just put in the wrong phone number

Old 02-25-2011, 08:27 PM
D-squared is infamous around these partsD-squared is infamous around these parts
Really? You're that guy? Nice.

Originally Posted by jaspergtr
There are many more Toyota Corollas than Porsches on the road, but there's a very good reason for that.

Marketing slogans won't help.
Marketing slogans aren't always lies. The fact is, exclusive isn't always happiness when it comes to cars. P-cars give us so much more than the vast majority of expensive vehicles. The Toyota analogy is lame. We who can afford Porsches can also afford other great cars. But we make a choice based on legend and reality.

The Fisker MIGHT be a great car. The Porsche is.

Last edited by D-squared; 02-26-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:48 AM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
The Fisker looks funny to me, too long maybe? My vote is keep the 911!

Old 02-26-2011, 02:17 AM
ChrisKaze is infamous around these parts
IMO The Fisker will turn heads but for the wrong reasons. You will be getting "What is that?" more than thumbs ups and high fives that a real head turner like a Aston Martin or Bentley will cause. Your going to have to explain to people that have no knowledge about cars that its a electric car and that it dosent require gas, and their probably going to mistake it for the Tesla.

IMO I think its a novelty item, more of a personal statement. Yeah Fisker its not as accomplished as Porsche but if the OP wants to be outstanding in a very "Loud" way then the Fisker is the way to go. I dont really like the way the grill looks, its kind of "smiling" and BMW concept looking. I think thats why people buy Lotus' so loud, exotic with wild curves and angles that its overdone.

So as a metaphor, the Porsche is like a Polo shirt, versatile, reliable, low drama. The Fisker is like a Versace Silk shirt fromt he 90s. Flamboyant, loud and very "looket me!"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Dilemma: Porsche or Fisker