997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Egged! Shell impact marks on paint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 09:28 PM
Howie is a splendid one to beholdHowie is a splendid one to beholdHowie is a splendid one to beholdHowie is a splendid one to beholdHowie is a splendid one to beholdHowie is a splendid one to beholdHowie is a splendid one to behold
Egged! Shell impact marks on paint

It's happened once before on one of my other cars, but now it has happened to my 997.2 Meteor Grey. I don't really understand why people do it - it's a pain to clean it.

I was lucky it happened at night and I discovered it the same evening. I managed to get it all off before the next day when the sun comes out very hot in Australia.

So I can see the impact marks from the egg-shell; like a circular pattern where the shell has crushed and the resultant sharp edges cut into the clear-coat and some of the paint.

I spoke off-hand with a detailer and he said that there's no way to fix it except for a re-spray of the entire door. Hmm I'd rather just leave it like that than have to re-spray! I think he's right, the marks look just too deep for a cut & polish to get it out. Anyone ever had a similar experience?

Old 02-27-2011, 02:09 AM
kpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond repute
Several years ago I had a red Eclipse that was egged. It was cold outside and the egg froze on the car. I washed it off that morning, but I had the same problem with the paint being damaged from the impact. I never bothered to fix it though.

I was kinda surprised the egg damaged my paint like that, from the impact. Is that the reason for why these losers throw eggs on cars? Or does the egg's insides really damage your paint if you leave it on there for a while?

Old 02-27-2011, 03:04 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
ive seen this before.....put this in the detail section thread "ask moe"
im sure that he has dealt with this

Old 02-27-2011, 03:24 AM
vraxinus is infamous around these partsvraxinus is infamous around these parts
YUP that's right. eggs really damaged your paint if you leave it for a long time. Bunch of losers probably are jealous that they can't afford good cars, so they throw eggs at people's car.

Old 02-27-2011, 05:37 AM
Comet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to all
wow sucks man
take comfort in knowing that people who have that kind of behaviour pattern will never amount to anything...

Old 02-27-2011, 09:35 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
If the paint is not fractured through all the layers of the clear coat (glide yoir fingernail gently and if it gets stuck it needs a repaint) then it can be fixed by a pro detailer .

I've never been egged . It sucks that it happned to you.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:45 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
I had a pro detailer take out some problem areas on my paint that I thought were unrepairable... amazing what a experienced detailer can do with sand paper and a circular!

Jason

Old 02-28-2011, 03:32 AM
OKB
OKB is infamous around these parts
you car try to block sand it out with 2000 paper then buff it. If it wont come out, it wont come out. Id let a body shop do it.

Old 02-28-2011, 04:29 AM
gerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Howie
It's happened once before on one of my other cars, but now it has happened to my 997.2 Meteor Grey. I don't really understand why people do it - it's a pain to clean it.

I was lucky it happened at night and I discovered it the same evening. I managed to get it all off before the next day when the sun comes out very hot in Australia.

So I can see the impact marks from the egg-shell; like a circular pattern where the shell has crushed and the resultant sharp edges cut into the clear-coat and some of the paint.

I spoke off-hand with a detailer and he said that there's no way to fix it except for a re-spray of the entire door. Hmm I'd rather just leave it like that than have to re-spray! I think he's right, the marks look just too deep for a cut & polish to get it out. Anyone ever had a similar experience?
That's a b**mer mate.

Obviously some dipsh*t who can't have what you have and will try to spoil things for you. I'll be interested to see how this turns out. Good luck.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:54 AM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
I've had this happened years ago on a black Mercedes and it did the exact same thing. The fractured egg shell cut into the paint in a circular pattern. It wasn't about not washing it off quickly, it was permanent damage to the paint during the impact.

Needless to say it was very visible on black car, and since we were about to trade in the car, I just chose it to leave it as is.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Daren is infamous around these parts
Try www.drcolorchip.com if it works on road rash it may work in your situation.