997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

No Stock?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 09:35 AM
LakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really nice
Suncoast is the best.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:13 PM
thxbuff2001 is infamous around these parts
I've had that experience with them. They never mention if it is in stock or not.

They have poor communication and coordination also.

So beware.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:25 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by thxbuff2001
I've had that experience with them. They never mention if it is in stock or not.

They have poor communication and coordination also.

So beware.
The perils of internet buying. Did you ask if the part was in stock?

Old 03-06-2011, 02:04 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Another more than satisfied customer with Suncoast.

I personally love Suncoast and I have never had an issue. Special order parts require patience. In some cases this stuff is coming from Germany. Patience...

Jason

Old 03-06-2011, 03:26 PM
farfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond repute
Patience?

its not PATIENCE, but a bad business policy not to let people know before taking their money.

Old 03-06-2011, 03:41 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Arena994
its not PATIENCE, but a bad business policy not to let people know before taking their money.
Let you know what exactly?

For some frame of reference regarding special order items and wait times.

My last set of wheels: two months
Motons: 1 month
OEM GT3 rear bumper (EURO): one month
GT3RS steering wheel: two weeks
Replacement OEM bolt: three weeks

These things take time. Suncoast is as awesome OE supplier as everyone in this thread can attest to.

Jason

Old 03-06-2011, 03:46 PM
farfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond repute
??

colored seat belts are not a Special order, they should have let me know, NOT IN STOCK and how long before they can ship.

Old 03-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by Arena994
colored seat belts are not a Special order, they should have let me know, NOT IN STOCK and how long before they can ship.
For everyones situational awareness. Suncoast is a Porsche Dealership and Suncoast Parts is a OE supplier meaning that in most cases they are a middle man between the factory and the customer since we do not have the option to deal directly with Porsche NA.

Other reputable Porsche parts suppliers are:

Pelican Parts
DC Automotive
Porsche Atlanta... to name a few

These parts suppliers do maintain a stock of what would be considered high volume parts. Think windshields and the like that are replaced frequently. Otherwise these suppliers are limited by the availability of the part at the factory/stock warehouse. It would take a whole team of internet reps to keep up with what parts are in high stock at Porsche NA or Porsche Germany and constantly be updating the projected shipping delays. I have my doubts that Porsche NA or Porsche Germany even report their stock volumes. I do not think you have been wronged nor I believe that Suncoast has bad business policy.

Jason

Old 03-06-2011, 04:01 PM
again

SUNCOAST never let me know that parts were BO until I contacted them, 2 weeks later.
REALLY, not that important,but I dont like being uninformed first.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:35 PM
thxbuff2001 is infamous around these parts
I order from Amazon, bestbuy and walmart. I never call before i order. Do you call everytime you make an online order.

If it is not available, then let us know.

Its not about whether they are BIG SPONSORS here.

People have a right to know!

Its also not about bad mouthing anybody or maligning anybody. Its a feedback.

If you had good experience with them, then good for you. But don't tell us we did not experience bad service from your big sponsors.

The point is, if it is not available, let everyone know. And at least not charge the CC until the item ships.

I was planning to keep my experience by myself until I read this post and it seems people are taking this post wrong.

There are alot of post here about bad experiences with other PORSHE stealers, are they immune from bad feedbacks.

Again, people have a right to know.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:09 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by thxbuff2001
I order from Amazon, bestbuy and walmart. I never call before i order. Do you call everytime you make an online order.

If it is not available, then let us know.

Its not about whether they are BIG SPONSORS here.

People have a right to know!

Its also not about bad mouthing anybody or maligning anybody. Its a feedback.

If you had good experience with them, then good for you. But don't tell us we did not experience bad service from your big sponsors.

The point is, if it is not available, let everyone know. And at least not charge the CC until the item ships.

I was planning to keep my experience by myself until I read this post and it seems people are taking this post wrong.

There are alot of post here about bad experiences with other PORSHE stealers, are they immune from bad feedbacks.

Again, people have a right to know.
I'm sure Suncoast (and other Porsche parts suppliers) wished they had distribution networks like the companies you mentioned. And yes, I do call or email when I place an online order for something I deem to be important, especially if I have to prepay (like the OP did with his PayPal transfer) - I ask when the estimated ship date will be. Sometimes I have to be proactive so I can determine if the wait is OK or do I want to source somewhere else - OP prepaid and then waited two weeks before he contacted vendor. BTW, Suncoast, except for special order items, has never charged my cc until the product ships.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:18 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
BTW, Suncoast, except for special order items, has never charged my cc until the product ships.

same here........

Old 03-07-2011, 07:19 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Folks,
I appreciate the feedback, I'll take this information and see what we can do to improve our service. If you were not informed of a delay, that is our mistake and I sincerly apologize for our lack of communication.

Our website doesn't show "live" inventory. We're not Walmart.com, Amazon.com, we're a small business with limited funds when purchasing a website. By keeping the cost of our website down, we're able to keep our pricing at a wholesale level. With the funds we have, we tried to create the most unique site available for our industry.

Prepaying parts? If you special order a car part from any automotive dealer, most will require prepayment. Especially custom interior parts. It's is an old school approach, I'll admit, but an industry standard. But when we order from Porsche, the order is locked and usually can't be cancelled.

And as another thought............we have to charge the order when the order is placed. We are not alowed to store card information, it's a Florida law if I'm not mistaken. Not sure how the big business guys can get a way with that.

Arena - I believe you paid through our website with Paypal. Is that correct? With Paypal, you instantly sent money to us. Paypal is always an instant tranfer. Seat belts are special order. There are three different colors, then a version for Coupe/Targa or Cabrio. We don't stock all versions. If you were not notified right away, that is our mistake and I apologize. I appreciate your feedback.

Buff - If you weren't notified, I apologize and I also appreciate your feedback.

This is a constructive thread, not a bashing. Thanks for keeping it classy. Patience is sometimes required. We try to stock as many items as possible, and we will typically stock any popular or fast-moving item. But we don't have the resources or space to stock every Porsche part. We do our best to be on the leading edge. We've been doing this for over 10 years, and we want to be the best. We are human, we make mistakes, we're not perfect. Again, thanks for keeping this a positive thread, much appreciated.

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 03-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Jungwook is infamous around these parts
I was wondering what Suncoast would say.... bravo!!!!!

Suncoast! you have a truly honorable attitude! Good luck!.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:54 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
I can truly understand the frustration of the OP. He did not have the communication that most would expect.

That being said, I would also comment that in the 4 years that I have been on 6speedonline, I'm going to guess that I have spent somewhere near $6-7K with Suncoast on nearly every imaginable part for my 996TT, 996GT3, 997TT, 997GT2 and Cayenne TT. I have ordered the common (oil filter, replacement pads, etc.) to the exclusive (deviated stitch leather steering column, GT2 RS shift ****) as well as parts that are nearly impossible to get (combination carbon fiber - leather - deviated stitch 996TT vent trim.) Ric and the folks at Suncoast have always come through.

When I purchased my Cayenne TT with $75K miles, it had well over $2K parts (trim, seat belt, mechanical parts, plugs, coils, exhaust components) replaced. I sent a laundry list of odds and ends to Ric - and Suncoast came through.

I guess I give Suncoast some slack because they have always come through for me. Ric gave a responsible reply and accepted responsibility. He's a class act, and hopefully, your order (or refund) will work out.

bob

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: No Stock?