997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

No Stock?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 04:23 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by suncoastric
Hey Folks,
I appreciate the feedback, I'll take this information and see what we can do to improve our service. If you were not informed of a delay, that is our mistake and I sincerly apologize for our lack of communication.

Our website doesn't show "live" inventory. We're not Walmart.com, Amazon.com, we're a small business with limited funds when purchasing a website. By keeping the cost of our website down, we're able to keep our pricing at a wholesale level. With the funds we have, we tried to create the most unique site available for our industry.

Prepaying parts? If you special order a car part from any automotive dealer, most will require prepayment. Especially custom interior parts. It's is an old school approach, I'll admit, but an industry standard. But when we order from Porsche, the order is locked and usually can't be cancelled.

And as another thought............we have to charge the order when the order is placed. We are not alowed to store card information, it's a Florida law if I'm not mistaken. Not sure how the big business guys can get a way with that.

Arena - I believe you paid through our website with Paypal. Is that correct? With Paypal, you instantly sent money to us. Paypal is always an instant tranfer. Seat belts are special order. There are three different colors, then a version for Coupe/Targa or Cabrio. We don't stock all versions. If you were not notified right away, that is our mistake and I apologize. I appreciate your feedback.

Buff - If you weren't notified, I apologize and I also appreciate your feedback.

This is a constructive thread, not a bashing. Thanks for keeping it classy. Patience is sometimes required. We try to stock as many items as possible, and we will typically stock any popular or fast-moving item. But we don't have the resources or space to stock every Porsche part. We do our best to be on the leading edge. We've been doing this for over 10 years, and we want to be the best. We are human, we make mistakes, we're not perfect. Again, thanks for keeping this a positive thread, much appreciated.

class.....nothin but class!

Old 03-08-2011, 06:19 AM
Comet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to all
I've only ordered from Suncoast once (and sure as hell not the last!), and they kept me more up to date with what was going on than Amazon ever did and I buy from them every other week.
Amazon also takes their sweet *** time to inform me of back orders. I had my pre-orders cancelled on many occasions (from their end)... doesn't mean they suck.. **** happens... What most people fail to understand is that it isn't like Suncoast or Amazon picks a client at random and says "hah, let's mess with this guy! lol"
ETAs on shipments get delayed, warehouse limitation, factories have a machine that breaks.. They apologized for "messing up", however I'm pretty sure they were more pre-occupied on how they were going to find a solution to getting your item on time then sending you an email saying it might not be on time and they probably just plain forgot. It happens.
I've been on their end of the spectrum, and it is a horrible feeling (for people with souls) to know that you can't fulfill an order. And as clichee as it seems, customer service is pretty much any shop's bread and butter.
The delay was probably from their supplier's end, who's delay was probably from the factory that part is manufactured. (assuming there is a middle man)
Watch Cast Away, how one delay cascades exponentially
I find that if I'm in a hurry, ordering online is not the fastest way to go about getting an item. Cheap prices = compromise somewhere. In this case, their inability to stock every porsche part (totally understandable)

Sorry for the rant

and a much classier response from Suncoast :P
I don't have that knack lol

Old 03-08-2011, 07:32 AM
ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !
One more plus for Suncoast. As evidenced by their response they are "Stand Up Guys".

Old 04-28-2011, 02:41 PM
farfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond repute
changed my opinion

I,ve now ordered 3 different times from Suncoast and understand better how to order from them.
I HAVE BEEN EXTREMELY WELL TAKEN CARE OF!

Old 04-28-2011, 02:56 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by suncoastric
Hey Folks,
I appreciate the feedback, I'll take this information and see what we can do to improve our service. If you were not informed of a delay, that is our mistake and I sincerly apologize for our lack of communication..

..This is a constructive thread, not a bashing. Thanks for keeping it classy. Patience is sometimes required. We try to stock as many items as possible, and we will typically stock any popular or fast-moving item. But we don't have the resources or space to stock every Porsche part. We do our best to be on the leading edge. We've been doing this for over 10 years, and we want to be the best. We are human, we make mistakes, we're not perfect. Again, thanks for keeping this a positive thread, much appreciated.
nicely done !