997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

No Stock?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 10:23 AM
farfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond repute
No Stock?

ordered Silver 997 seat belts from Suncoast, paid w PAYPAL right away, waited two weeks then e-mailed them. THEN they told me another ABOUT 3 more weeks.
I canceled order.
Buyer beware, check if in stock b4 paying.

Old 03-05-2011, 10:39 AM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Arena994
ordered Silver 997 seat belts from Suncoast, paid w PAYPAL right away, waited two weeks then e-mailed them. THEN they told me another ABOUT 3 more weeks.
I canceled order.
Rather than buyer beware, I'd say work toward some patience, unless it is an emergency (e.g., your original seat belts failed).

I have had great experiences with Suncoast - sometimes things came quickly, and sometimes the wait was longer, but they have always been honest, communicative, and helpful.

As I get older, I am finding that patience and working together on things is often the best way to achieve the outcome I really want.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:17 PM
farfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Patience,

its not my patience but a BAD business policy to advertise a product not in stock without a notice, no matter what company.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:27 PM
tourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud of
I agree with both of you

Patience is good, but communication is key. I have never bought anything from suncoast but their reputation seems to be very good. I actually normally just take their prices to my local porsche dealer and he beats it by a little. According to my porsche dealer they only mark their products up by about 10 percent and make their money by moving a lot of volume.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:19 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
I canceled order.
I've purchased many items form Suncoast during the last 5 years - never an issue. They do not charge your credit card until the product ships. I understand PayPal is an immediate transfer - in this case I would have used the telephone (not email) to see if it was in stock before authorizing a PayPal transfer.

Old 03-05-2011, 02:04 PM
OKB
OKB is infamous around these parts
when ever yo order anythingoff the web, ask if its in stock, or how long to ship. Uness ou dont care when it gets there. I would answer a customer if something was delayed, but alot of the internet orders ar all done by computer sonobody ever sees them going on.s

Old 03-05-2011, 02:12 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
its not my patience but a BAD business policy to advertise a product not in stock without a notice, no matter what company.

Realize that it is unlikely for most "special" items for these cars to be in stock anywhere.

I get your point, but if you want the part, then that's probably how it goes...Or have you found a quicker what to get it? If so, good, otherwise...

I do not believe, however, that Suncoast intentionally does anything to disadvantage their customers. If you are trying to warn others to clarify details before buying, that always makes sense...if you are tyring to disparage a board sponsor who most of us regard as helpful and providing good service, that's probably not going to work.

Last edited by stevepow; 03-05-2011 at 02:40 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with the group here. Have done business with Suncoast for many years and never had any issues and have found them to be a very trustworthy group to do business with. Recently visited their dealership in Sarasota and was equally impressed with their staff. Great selection of cars as well suggesting they are a high volume dealer. But I can understand your being upset for not being notified in advance that they did not have the parts you ordered and paid for in stock. Frustrating I agree but I don't think it was a deliberate attempt to mislead you into buying the parts from them knowing they didn't have them in stock. You're correct when you suggest people should check to see if an item is in stock before sending their money but I will admit I don't always do it and sometimes wind up waiting for something I have ordered over the net I thought would be received in few days.

Old 03-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Cool Suncoast

i ordered the belts from Carnewal.
the seatbelts actually come to Suncoast from Porsche USA.
Its the first time i used Sunset, based on great recommendations here.
Oh well, theres always a first time.

Old 03-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
If it's something I want in a hurry I call to check availability. I've had great service from Suncoast.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:39 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Suncoast has been good to me.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:25 PM
jwully is infamous around these parts
Suncoast has been very good to me as well.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:39 PM
OKB
OKB is infamous around these parts
How about this, no matter where you are dealing, You order a part, they have 10 of them. But 10 people already order the part before you. Youre still waiting for more to come in.
If this will make you feel any worse; I ordered a wheel, shifter, brake Not in stock, on 2/23.
Only one set is in Germany. has to be ordered, 3 to 4 weeks. It was here thursday.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:17 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
Suncoast has been good to me.

196 +1....bought several parts and A1 service

Old 03-06-2011, 07:49 AM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
Suncoast has been great...use them for all my OEM parts.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: No Stock?