997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Fister Exhaust (Gundo/PSE) Before & After video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 12:41 PM
ncamillo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DocMartin9
Nice video. Confirms what I thought before- the 1.75" pipe is the sweet spot.
I never once doubted that. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Sharkys
Sounds great! Do you have both PSE (Porsche Sport Exhaust) AND Fister mod? Or are you stock w/ Fisters?
I'm sorry for the confusion in title. I actually just have stock with the Fister Muffler.

Originally Posted by PAKDADDY
sounds awesome!
Thanks! All FisterD's work.

Originally Posted by awcayenne
I have the Fister also. Love it!
It really brings the exhaust system to life doesn't it? PM to be sent to you in a bet about your beautiful body kit.

Originally Posted by FisterD
Great video. Thanks for sharing it. It was nice to meet you last week and you have an awesome car!
Cheers,
Darin Fister
Thanks for the great work again Darin! Great meeting you as well.

Originally Posted by FisterD
These are not "Gundo hacked" or PSE. These are stock mufflers with the Fister Modification. I think the OP listed those other things in parenthesis so people searching those things would see this thread.
OOPS! You got it exactly right Darin. It was for the guys to find the thread faster.

Originally Posted by Steven B
Interesting. I did a 2" pipe which I absolutely love but mywife thinks they are too loud at wide open throttle (pretty quiet at regular cruise) and I was wondering which sized pipe I should try to tone them down a bit. Is the 1 1/2" louder than stock? How does it compare with the 2" pipe?
From what I've read (no personal experience) The smaller the pipe the quieter it boasts. Seems to be the same for many things in this world.

Old 03-11-2011, 01:12 PM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
OK, this mod is on the short list.. great value and sound.

Old 03-11-2011, 02:34 PM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
would have been funny (or not) to see you take out that hummer in the last segment...

Old 03-11-2011, 03:16 PM
bmayer4ibi is infamous around these parts
Hi Steven B: The 1 1/2 sounds fairly loud, frankly it's hard to remember what stock sounded like.....I do think it is louder than stock. It is not huge...I believe it is throatier than stock also.....'Dave from Oregon' drove home with no pipes before he did 1 1/2, thinking that would simulate 2" and thought it was really loud....too loud. I guess its kinda subjective and how much attention you want to draw to yourself. To be honest, I would like it to be a bit bigger, but don't really think I'm gonna spend thousands to get it. I'm glad I did, the 1.5 and do think that the 2.0 would be too much......Perhaps 1.75 would have been perfect

Old 03-11-2011, 03:51 PM
pureretro is infamous around these parts
Darrin, do you have a version that works with PSE? I knew it'd just be a matter of time before you released it for the 997 ;-)

Old 03-12-2011, 09:22 AM
FisterD is infamous around these partsFisterD is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Scoper
Darin,

Do your modified mufflers work with the 997.2? Also, do you know if the sound is muted compared to the 997.1 - especially given the center exhaust on the 997.2?

Ron
I have not tested it on a 997.2 yet. The added muffler will probably change it a bit. if someone would like to come to the shop and let me do some R&D, I'm sure I can come up with something good.

Originally Posted by pureretro
Darrin, do you have a version that works with PSE? I knew it'd just be a matter of time before you released it for the 997 ;-)
PSE has it's own tangle of piping. not sure I can fit something else in there.

Old 03-12-2011, 12:54 PM
Sharkys is infamous around these parts
Darin, nice to see you in the water-cooled section . Thanks for a quality product - the mufflers are great.