997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

996 to 997 Conversion by Wicked - Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 12:13 PM
911ESQ is infamous around these parts
996 to 997 Conversion by Wicked - Thoughts?

Wanted to share a picture with the forum of my buddy's transformed 996.

He had a 2003 996 Carrera 4, and converted it to a 997 look with 997 OEM headlights, new OEM front fenders, an aftermarket GT3 look front bumper and, although you can't see it from the picture too well, an aftermarket wing, which replaced the entire spoiler assembly, as well as new back bumper. Price was not cheap, but you couldn't tell it was a 996 until you looked at the interior. He could have purchased a used 2007 with the money he spent on it and trading in the 996, but he just got a 2001 Ferrari 360 Spyder last year, so it would be hard convincing his wife to get another "new" car.

He also ordered custom Asanti wheels, which are shown. The car certainly has attracted lots of attention and IMHO, looks pretty darn good.

Thoughts?

Attached Images  

Last edited by 911ESQ; 03-17-2011 at 12:15 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-17-2011, 12:20 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
it looks great !

but i think he should have tried harder to convince his wife to trade it in for a 997.2 despite the ferrari purchase.

my 2 cents.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:45 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
it looks great !

but i think he should have tried harder to convince his wife to trade it in for a 997.2 despite the ferrari purchase.

my 2 cents.
+1, It looks fine but with that money spent, why try to imitate, just get the real thing. The Asanti wheels are hideous. Just my honest opinion, I feel a negative rep coming.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:13 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
Asanti wheels

Asanti wheels

Old 03-17-2011, 01:17 PM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
Anything to move away from those "kidney" lights....I am all for it but not if it costs as much as something newer. Like Ynot, I am not a fan of the wheels. Otherwise the car does look great.

Old 03-17-2011, 02:09 PM
911ESQ is infamous around these parts
I'll try to get pictures of the conversion process as well. They also removed the rear fenders and welded wider ones in, to accommodate also the turbo ducts in the rear fender.

Only thing I'm wondering about, is with these modifications, how well it may hold up in an accident.

Old 03-17-2011, 02:15 PM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
It will be fine as long as the frame was not touched.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:47 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ynot
+1, It looks fine but with that money spent, why try to imitate, just get the real thing. The Asanti wheels are hideous. Just my honest opinion, I feel a negative rep coming.

I will neg rep u a$$ on general principleshila rious

Old 03-17-2011, 04:53 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
Kinda doesn't make much sense if it cost the same as getting a newer car...but modders don't think that way. The mod bug is strong with this one. May the force be with him.

I can't go along with those wheels though. Especially on a Porsche. I consider them high-end-ghetto wheels. Sorry, that's my opinion of them and I'm sticking to it.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:05 PM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
I think the wheels would look better on a hummer.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:44 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Wheels do not like.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:30 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Old 03-17-2011, 10:42 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mickfluff
Asanti wheels
Originally Posted by surfah
Wheels do not like.
+1...everything looks great but not feeling the feels..it just don't look right on that car or any other pcar..IMO.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:01 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mickfluff
Asanti wheels
yep. bling-bling LA style.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:51 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by utkinpol
yep. bling-bling LA style.
I can see why he had to custom order those wheels , who would keep those in stock......

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996 to 997 Conversion by Wicked - Thoughts?