997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.
View Poll Results: What color stone guards?
Clear
37.50%
Black
62.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Black stone guards on meteor grey?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 11:40 AM
onedae is infamous around these parts
I ordered them as well for my black C2S. I think they will look cool on a black car but - we'll see. I'm thinking of installing them over the stock clear guards in case I don't like the look and I want to go back to stock. Any install pointers from those who have already done it?

Old 03-24-2011, 02:17 PM
farfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond repute
tip?

a Bic lighter on edges, instead of heat gun to stretch and flatten Stoneguards.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:27 PM
T33
T33 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NugeC4S
I have a white 08C4S and didn't realize Suncoast carried them - I'm def in to be the Guinea Pig as my existing ones are yellowing and constantly cruddy looking. Suncoast rec's "professional" installation - I'm fairly competent and feel this doesn't look all that hard. Does anyone have any thoughts on the installation - I would think the existing ones would peel off with a heat gun. Not sure what kind of adhesive the new ones have.

Any intel/advice?

Thanks - I'm ready to pull the trigger and make this a weekend project.
The Black Stone Guards has it's own adhesive and it should stick on with the aid of a heat gun. I would take pics before you take the old ones off for reference. And put some masking tape or dry erase pen on the critical points for reference, too. Good luck. Looking forward to your pics.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:51 PM
NugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really nice
Thanks - this is very helpful. They should arrive sometime next week.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:59 PM
got them - installed one side so far. not sure if I like it on my black car. I'll post some pictures when I get the other side done.
Actually, the car looks best with no stoneguards - but that's probably a dumb move.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:21 AM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
I'd stick with clear.

Tom

Old 04-06-2011, 11:34 AM
After living with the black stoneguards on my black 997.2 for a few days, I decided that it doesn't work. In my opinion, the retro look of the black stoneguards clashes with the sleek lines of the modern car. Maybe with the Fuchs style wheels that come on the speedster it ties together, but on my car with BBS wheels, not so much. So, back to the stock clear stoneguards for me.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:36 AM
NugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really nice
Can we see some pictures before you remove them - mine are literally coming in TODAY and will try to install this evening on my WHITE C4S (which I'm hoping looks ok).

More to come ....

Old 04-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Sorry - no pictures to post. I think the black stoneguards will look very good on a white car. Part of the problem on the black car is that the look was kind of half *** - the guards didn't blend in or really stand out. On your white car they will be very prominent.
If you are installing them yourself, make sure you use a soapy water solution to allow you to move the guards into position and have a squeege to get all the air bubbles out. Its not that tough but if you don't get the bubbles out, it won't look right.
Good luck.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Thanks - I will be installing them and I can see how a slight contrast of the black/black could look off. I've collected from the forum that removal is best done with hot water and perhaps a heat-gun? ... for the install - thanks for the tips. I don't have them in my possession (yet) so tough for me to visualize. I assume there's some adhesive on them as well. Thanks again

Old 04-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Love the way the black looks on all the colors posted so far. Mine are yellow right now and although I'd love to see how they look on a white vehicle. My vote went for black!

Old 04-06-2011, 01:21 PM
Hayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by PTParks
JMHO, I feel it is a retro item that just doesn't carry over to the newer models. If it came with clear, then go with clear.
Damn, dude,, you hit the nail right on the head! My thoughts exactly.

The black stone guard is retro and looks like the 930. Period. It seriously looks wrong on the 996 and newer cars. You can sort of get away with it on 993's but with trimmed down narrower variants. Sorry to burst the proverbial bubble,,, it just looks wrong on the newer cars.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:24 PM
I've yet to see the black guards on a WHITE 997...I have hope...